THE BROWNS BOARD

Here's a scenario

Westside Steve

I've said before, of 7 new head coaches, only the Packers coach has a winning season. I think that idea has some serious merit to it.

It takes time to grow a great head coach, look at buttichek.

• Upvote 1

Just now, calfoxwc said:

I've said before, of 7 new head coaches, only the Packers coach has a winning season. I think that idea has some serious merit to it.

And that is a good point Cal. I haven't given up on Kitchens but I would like to see some improvement the rest of the season..something to hang my hat on. It seemed like Browns of previous years would occasionally surprise us with a victory or moral victory only to go out and lay an egg the next week. This Browns team seems to be competitive week after week and I credit Kitchens for that but they have got to figure out how to start winning games they ought to be winning. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And that is a good point Cal. I haven't given up on Kitchens but I would like to see some improvement the rest of the season..something to hang my hat on. It seemed like Browns of previous years would occasionally surprise us with a victory or moral victory only to go out and lay an egg the next week. This Browns team seems to be competitive week after week and I credit Kitchens for that but they have got to figure out how to start winning games they ought to be winning. 

Speaking of which has anyone yet seen a good two minute drill with preplanned calls that the QB just goes to without having to listen to his helmet? One where every player knows the next play coming and they just get up there and run it? Have I missed something?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

only issue is....how long will it take.....players like obj and landry won't wait long...they want to win...this coach we have now is so lost i don't know how long it will take him....this is all pointing in the wrong direction cal.....dorsey made the wrong move after making alot of good moves in player personnel...this was a real boneheaded move on his part.....remember, tomlin and harbaugh are in our division...they are going to be around for a long long time...tomlins worse record is 8-8....say what you want but those 2 organizations are the best in our division and will remain so....makes me sick...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

How about we pull Bill Parcells out of retirement and install Freddy as a assistant head coach for one season? Learn on the job under the master Freddy could do the heavy lifting because Bill is pretty old.

WSS

Parcells is apparent Freddie's Mentor.   But, Parcells is pushing 80 years old.

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Parcells is apparent Freddie's Mentor.   But, Parcells is pushing 80 years old.

Sounds. "interesting?" for 6 games plus any *playoffs* but it would be largely a ceremonial on field HC job maybe a rah-rah move to stir on the troops but might also backfire BIG time as a "look at what the BROWNS are trying now" stunt.

Like it or not they might be stuck with Freddie Kruger until year's end and repair things.

Besides Bill who was a tough old SOB as coach back then might require more frequent bathroom breaks during the game.

........ just trying to make good out of a bad season.   :):(

2 hours ago, browns52 said:

only issue is....how long will it take.....players like obj and landry won't wait long...they want to win...this coach we have now is so lost i don't know how long it will take him....this is all pointing in the wrong direction cal.....dorsey made the wrong move after making alot of good moves in player personnel...this was a real boneheaded move on his part.....remember, tomlin and harbaugh are in our division...they are going to be around for a long long time...tomlins worse record is 8-8....say what you want but those 2 organizations are the best in our division and will remain so....makes me sick...

Yes - I beleive between Dorsey selecting Corbett, which was a disaster, and trading our excellent ROG... the oline is hopeless.

I really thought they would play a fine game ...but I was underestimating their defense. The offensive line makes this entire offense hopeless so far.

Tomlin - inherited a playoff team. He's won only one challenge all this season, and lost two the last game. He's a scumbucket who once tried to trip a player running down the sideline.  Harbaugh inherited a playoff team from Brian Billick.

and they tend to draft players who love to hit, and love the game.

The Browns in the past have seemingly drafted from draft magazines or something. I believe the Browns will draft a LT and a RT with their first two picks.

and a ROG in the third. LOL.

THEN, we go to the playoffs. But the talent the squealers and ratbuzzards have for years...makes me sick.

Just now, calfoxwc said:

Yes - I beleive between Dorsey selecting Corbett, which was a disaster, and trading our excellent ROG... the oline is hopeless.

I really thought they would play a fine game ...but I was underestimating their defense. The offensive line makes this entire offense hopeless so far.

Tomlin - inherited a playoff team. He's won only one challenge all this season, and lost two the last game. He's a scumbucket who once tried to trip a player running down the sideline.  Harbaugh inherited a playoff team from Brian Billick.

and they tend to draft players who love to hit, and love the game.

The Browns in the past have seemingly drafted from draft magazines or something. I believe the Browns will draft a LT and a RT with their first two picks.

and a ROG in the third. LOL.

THEN, we go to the playoffs. But the talent the squealers and ratbuzzards have for years...makes me sick.

i agree with you......but since the days that they inherited playoff teams, there have been many chgs.....and they have maintained the momentum....its the organizations as a whole working together that makes them great......yeah i remember tomlin trying to trip that player.....stupid on his part...don't think he ever got fined for that....but i am not sure and he should have if he did not...