THE BROWNS BOARD

Justin McCray to start at L.T Sunday

ATOM

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/10/25/20932559/cleveland-browns-bench-greg-robinson

Haven’t seen anything official naming McCray as the guy, but l’m a fan of trying someone new at LT. I simply think Robinson is lacking something upstairs that will eternally make him unable to reach his full potential. Mental fortitude, toughness, tenacity, drive to succeed, something is missing along those lines in his game.

Remember when Dallas & the Colts drafted a offensive line in same draft? Well... were there :).. After 340 snaps of LT , Robbie gets benched..Wonder what Dorsey told him for banging on the wrong door? See your coaches, not me? ..anywho.. Back-up to week 1.. a) Robbie gets booted from game after 23 snaps at LT. b) Lamm gets hurt after 3 snaps at RT, after booting Hubbard to play LT.(not McCary) .c) Hubbard finishes game at LT with 2 holds, 1 FS & allowing 2.5 sacks to C.Wake d) J.McCray plays 46 snaps at RT with 1 FS & 0 sacks/0 holds.. So after 2 weeks, McCray has jumped Hubbard/Lamm & Robbie at playing LT? Feels more like, we fired our LT before trading for his replacement? Or even finding a LT replacement on the roster? Hope OL coach Campton carries some Cinderella's glass slippers? McCray was a UDFA in 2014 to Titans, cut in 15.. sat out 2016..Hooks on with Campton at GB in 17..We traded a 2020 7th round pick to GB for McCary for 1 season.. It's a great deal, if it works out on any given Sunday for 645k at the Pats...if we get more than what Desmond Harrison gave us at LT? I'd call that a win    

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Feels more like, we fired our LT before trading for his replacement

Yup...

In a game where we need to feature a power run game, benching Robinson makes little sense.

• Upvote 3

Greg spoke for himself Friday..seemed all good, till telling Pats what to prepare for.. https://cleveland.com/browns/2019/10/browns-greg-robinson-says-hes-been-replaced-at-left-tackle.html  I see it as a) if Robbie is inactive & Lamm is active? GR could be part of a trade for a piece  b) If Robbie is active to back-up? no Robbie trade takers as of yet?   

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Gee....I wonder if Bill will attack the left side of the OL......

This smells like a shit storm. *sigh*

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

This smells like a shit storm. *sigh*

If the game looks like the ND at Michigan game it will be sloppy.....if it's worse it will be miserable.

Oh BTW Michigan 10-0 second quarter.  ND can't get going.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

If the game looks like the ND at Michigan game it will be sloppy.....if it's worse it will be miserable.

17-0 now. 

And TCU - believe it or not - beat Texas  37-27. 😂

46 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

17-0 now. 

And TCU - believe it or not - beat Texas  37-27. 😂

A lot of strange upsets today K State beat Oklahoma.  On our pickem. underdogs 10-7 so far 8 games left.

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup...

In a game where we need to feature a power run game, benching Robinson makes little sense.

Greg Robinson mindless holding at the beginning of the last drive to set up 1st and 20 was boneheaded(seahawks game) He also was ejected for kicking someone in face.

How much more boneheaded do we need to see from the guy?

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Just read they're expecting "chilly, perpetual rain and gusty winds." 

Stay thirsty my friends. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Orion said:

Gee....I wonder if Bill will attack the left side of the OL......

I’m sure that was probably the game plan before they heard Robinson was benched.... so....

41 minutes ago, Orion said:

It does make one uneasy doesn't it?   Changing horses in the middle of a stream.

Ya, but if the horse is used up, you just put a bullet in him and bring in the next one. Saw that on Warhorse when they pulled the artillery through the mud. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'll  trade some  misery for a Browns  win. We're  prepared for some  wet weather. The guy I'm staying with  was on Michigan's  rowing team, needless to  say he knows  how to stay  comfy  when wet. PS, one of the  few  times I'll  root for Michigan- I hate Notre Dame  even worse.

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Just read they're expecting "chilly, perpetual rain and gusty winds." 

Stay thirsty my friends. 

Much beer, wine, and booze laid in  for the  Tailgate.

17 hours ago, Orion said:
10 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll  trade some  misery for a Browns  win. We're  prepared for some  wet weather. The guy I'm staying with  was on Michigan's  rowing team, needless to  say he knows  how to stay  comfy  when wet. PS, one of the  few  times I'll  root for Michigan- I hate Notre Dame  even worse.

Much beer, wine, and booze laid in  for the  Tailgate.

I'm trying to decide if me missing the game is a bad thing or a good thing. Lol. Us playing in a torrential downpour against the best statistical defense in the history of the universe sounds about as much fun as jumping into a dark pit full of scorpions, snakes....and my mother in law. 

Edit: Jesus man, I REALLY want to win this game. I so don't want the season to be over already. Not after being so excited and then watching us struggle. Not only that, if the season truly tanks like it easily COULD, then we have to endure all the freakin nonsense about needing a QB and a coach...and I'm TIRED of that shit. 

This is the first time, in as far back as I can remember, that I won't be in the stands for a Browns vs Patriots game in New England.

My son & daughter-in-law will be coming over (poor misguided Patriots fans).  They, Mrs. Wife (a Dolphins fan...who roots for the Patriots (local team)) and I will watch the game on the TV thingy.     

--------- Ya know why football was created to be a game played exclusively outside?   It's because there was no place indoors, big enough to play it.