THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 8 - ONE MAN'S OPINION the BROWNS, injury reports, +13 O/U 46 in NE at 4:25, now +10' again?

mjp28

WEEK 8 - BROWNS open an +11 underdog, O/U 46 against NE in Foxborough at 4:25 pm off the bye.

So do they have a chance?  Also Cinci +12.5 at the LAR,.  Pittsburgh -14.5 vs Miami. -and- Baltimore has a bye.  Big points in the AFCN this week!

Screenshot_2019-10-21_001508.jpg

And if you're interested here is the money line.

Obviously Cincinnati is the long shot bet followed closely by Cleveland.

Screenshot_2019-10-21_003445.jpg

The AFCN games have the biggest longshots this week except one in the Thursday Night Football game Washington opened a +14 underdog and quickly moved to a huge Washington +16 already.....at Minnesota.

The primetime games this coming week are all longshots except one which might be interesting GB -3 at KC without Patrick Mahomes.

WEEK 8 - BROWNS injury report and the weekly or daily updates going into CLE in NE.

MONDAY AM - I checked several sources and the BROWNS have not updated any since Oct 16.  But in other notable injuries.

Matt Ryan, QB Questionable Oct 21

Comment: Ryan's ankle injury isn't believed to be major, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Drew Brees, QB Out Oct 21

Comment: Brees (thumb) plans to practice this week and hopes to return for a Week 8 game against the Cardinals, ESPN.com's Mike Triplett reports. "We'll see how it goes," Brees said Sunday. "I'd love to [play]. It's a goal."

Plus Trubisky got blood by fans and Cincinnati still sucks....... that's it.

MONDAY EARLY PM - 

Cleveland Browns
NAME STATUS DATE
Daniel Ekuale, DT Questionable Oct 21
Comment: Ekuale (concussion) is participating in Monday's practice, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.
Kareem Hunt, RB Suspension Oct 21
Comment: Hunt (suspension) has been cleared to practice with the Browns.
Baker Mayfield, QB Questionable Oct 21
Comment: Mayfield (hip) is on the field for Monday's practice, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

New England might get the BROWNS best punch and is rested in WEEK 8.

GO BROWNS, smack someone!

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The AFCN games have the biggest longshots this week except one in the Thursday Night Football game Washington opened a +14 underdog and quickly moved to a huge Washington +16 already.....at Minnesota.

The primetime games this coming week are all longshots except one which might be interesting GB -3 at KC without Patrick Mahomes.

Thielen had a major hamstring pull on his only reception in the 1st Q, a 25 yd TD. I expect he may be done for most of the season now. Naturally he joins all my walking wounded and inactives like Brees, AJ Green, Guice and Hunt. I had a really good team and Green was only supposed to miss just the first two games. Now winless Cincy is talking after the 9 week bye. Tank job.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

MONDAY EARLY PM - 

Cleveland Browns
NAME STATUS DATE
Comment: Ekuale (concussion) is participating in Monday's practice, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.
Kareem Hunt, RB Suspension Oct 21
Comment: Hunt (suspension) has been cleared to practice with the Browns.
Baker Mayfield, QB Questionable Oct 21
Comment: Mayfield (hip) is on the field for Monday's practice, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

Yes some happy news- here's a little more detail for those who are interested...  https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Browns-Kareem-Hunt-Returns-to-Practice--137309165/

45 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK, question:   Is Hunt suspended for 8 games.....or 8 weeks?  1) Does the Bye week count as one of his weeks suspended?

1) No, it doesn't count. 

8 full games Gip. He can practice, but the first game he can play in is our game with the Bills after the Patriots and Broncos. At least he can practice and get up to speed before he actually plays.   

• Thanks 1

MONDAY NIGHT - a few notable reports.

MNF NE 7 out, NYJ 8 out

Patrick Mahomes, QB Out Oct 21
Comment: Coach Andy Reid acknowledged Monday that it would be a "stretch'' for Mahomes to play Sunday against the Packers, ESPN' Adam Teicher reports. "I don't think you put a timeline on this thing," Reid noted of the status of Mahomes, who dislocated the patella in his right knee this past Thursday. "You go off how he feels and what the doctors say and go with it. I don't think there's a set time, though. I know people want a time, but I don't think you can do that with this injury."

Sure enough after the NE thumping of the NY Nyets plus diminished faith in our playoff bound Browns the line has jumped up to almost +13......any takers?

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas

Screenshot_2019-10-22_100712.jpg

TUESDAY AM - early report.

Cleveland Browns
NAME STATUS DATE
Kareem Hunt, RB Suspension Oct 22
Comment: Hunt (suspension) practiced with the Browns on Monday for the first time since preseason, Mar Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

Comment: questionable

New England Patriots
NAME STATUS DATE
Ryan Izzo, TE Questionable Oct 22
Matt LaCosse, TE Questionable Oct 22
Josh Gordon, WR Questionable Oct 22
Patrick Chung, S Questionable Oct 22
Rex Burkhead, RB Questionable Oct 22
Michael Bennett, DE Suspension Oct 22
Comment: suspension

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Sure enough after the NE thumping of the NY Nyets plus diminished faith in our playoff bound Browns the line has jumped up to almost +13......any takers?

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas

Just for fun a quick look at WEEK 9 after this game Cleveland is a  +1.5 underdog when they travel to Denver at 4:25 pm.

It's amazing how many of us have our Browns winning this game, lol. Let me drop a very uncomfortable stat on you guys. "If the Patriots' offense never took the field, they'd be 3-3-1 for the year." 

Think about that for a minute. 

That cover 0 blitzing defense completely screwed up about every QB in the league, so I'm not sure how ours is going to fare much better. My only hope is that it's an ugly game and our defense someone figures out how to score while our young QB plays super smart. 

10 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

It's amazing how many of us have our Browns winning this game

Put me down for that "me, too," movement...

I've had the feeling since MNF... and I'm developing a basis... either that or I'm coming down with the flu... ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I've had the feeling since MNF... and I'm developing a basis... either that or I'm coming down with the flu... ;)

LOL. I'm painfully on the train too! Bring it! 

24 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Monkey wants treat gets shocked but does it again and again, monkey doesn't learn.  :huh:

Ok put me on the list too...... must win game #3 or we start draft talk and doing mock drafts!   BROWNS +13 should be good, monkey says.:lol:

48 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

38 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

LOL. I'm painfully on the train too! Bring it! 

Ricky has a famous song for those on the train, "Fools Rush In".🎼🚉😁

Me, I think I will wait another week with Simon & Garfunkel "sittin' in the railway station".🤗

31 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ricky has a famous song for those on the train, "Fools Rush In".🎼🚉😁

Me, I think I will wait another week with Simon & Garfunkel "sittin' in the railway station".🤗

While many others are singing the Monkees "I'm a Believer".  

Or this:

Oh Christ just what we want more of the Gipper top 5,000 hits on the board. ZZZZzzzzzzoooooo.  -_-

🤾‍♂️

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh Christ just what we want more of the Gipper top 5,000 hits on the board. ZZZZzzzzzzoooooo.  -_-

🤾‍♂️

I don't know about  5000....but I could put a Top 50 on here...though I think it would have to go on the Entertainment (movie review) forum.  My choices would be sublime. (but rest assured....that Hot Chocolate song would not be on it).

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't know about  5000....but I could put a Top 50 on here...though I think it would have to go on the Entertainment (movie review) forum.  My choices would be sublime. (but rest assured....that Hot Chocolate song would not be on it).

Oh yes we'd all love that we could get rid of our radios and CD collections.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Monkey wants treat gets shocked but does it again and again, monkey doesn't learn.  :huh:

Ok put me on the list too...... must win game #3

My first reason is that it is not a "must win"...

... but I love old Genesis... and solo Peter Gabriel...

30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

My first reason is that it is not a "must win"...

... but I love old Genesis... and solo Peter Gabriel...

Must win games so far BAL W,. SF L,  NE if they lose this one we'll be guessing where they might pick in the draft.

GO BROWNS, survive and move on.

Bellichick keeps heaping on the praise to our guys you would think it’s the 7-0 Browns coming to town.  Typical for him.

I think he’s probably scratching his head though thinking what the hell kind of scheme and play calls we make this week.  Honestly I think we are the hardest team to prepare for.