THE BROWNS BOARD

And the North is owned by........

Icecube

47 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Yeah.  Lamar happens to be far better at passing than Baker is this season,  and it's not even debatable 

That every other starting qb in the NFL is currently doing better than Baker isn't debatable either. I had to go to page two of the stats to find him when it comes to QBR.  Baker 66, Mariotta 92- and he got benched. 

23 hours ago, Orion said:

We're falling pretty far back in the division now.  And with a loss to the Pat's staring us in the face...

Which is why it's time to begin looking at the Conference as a whole.... and a WC berth...

• Div winners look like Pats, Chiefs, Ravens. Colts.
  • I can't see Bills continuing their early pace.
  • Texans have a tradition of pissing away playoff spots.
  • Raiders? They're already sellers going into the trade deadline.
  • Jags/Tits? Vert similar teams with QB questions... expect one to contend.
  • Of those below us only the Chargers, who often come alive late, concern me.

image.thumb.png.c5549ab728815454fa2c3e5dab4ee9be.png

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That every other starting qb in the NFL is currently doing better than Baker isn't debatable either. I had to go to page two of the stats to find him when it comes to QBR.  Baker 66, Mariotta 92- and he got benched. 

Oh boy... prepare to get slammed for this! 

6 hours ago, browns52 said:

you are one hundred percent correct....i only wish the browns were as physical as them....don't want to play them now...and yes, i think it was an anomaly....our only hope is that jackson gets injured...don't want to wish that on anyone....not a serious injury maybe a hammi or something that will keep him sidelined for a while to see if we can get back in this thing because right now i think jackson is not only pumping up the offense, he's got the whole team quite pumped up...

You are correct on all accounts. And Jackson isn't "just a running QB," he is more unique than that. Sure his prime skill is his incredible speed and shiftiness with his rushing, but it goes beyond just being fast. He is a surgeon out there and he is not only the fastest player on the field but his ability to stop and start and dart is extraordinary. And he can hit you deep if you focus too much on stopping the rush. Will such a QB ever win a ring? It's not traditional, but all things evolve. And one of his attributes is his intangibles. like leadership, which players like Mike Vick never had, as well as work ethic, which Vick never had either. 

Some may claim I am a Ravens' fan, but I am not. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate and opponent's ability. 

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

You are correct on all accounts. And Jackson isn't "just a running QB," he is more unique than that. Sure his prime skill is his incredible speed and shiftiness with his rushing, but it goes beyond just being fast. He is a surgeon out there and he is not only the fastest player on the field but his ability to stop and start and dart is extraordinary. And he can hit you deep if you focus too much on stopping the rush. Will such a QB ever win a ring? It's not traditional, but all things evolve. And one of his attributes is his intangibles. like leadership, which players like Mike Vick never had, as well as work ethic, which Vick never had either. 

Some may claim I am a Ravens' fan, but I am not. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate and opponent's ability. 

i am a browns fan njumber 1 but also a football fan....love the game....so i give credit where credit is due....after watching the ravens beat seattle, i think our chances for the division are not very good and we better watch out because the steelers are on our heels...as far as the wildcard goes....i think that will be a long shot but we shall see....

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Nero said:

Just when I had forgotten about the awful final season... 

That Khaleesi melt down was epic though! 

...... and all hail Sansa - Queen of the North. 

On 10/20/2019 at 4:29 PM, Icecube said:

...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right.  But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be. 

Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change.  But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec. 

It is a gimmick offense. He didn’t even complete 10 passes 

it is tough for a team not familiar with Jackson to defend the run element.  They will be a dangerous team until Jackson can’t stay upright. 

Seattle not only dealt with factor above- they had probably the worst plan you can have against Jackson you don’t send your ends up field and pass rush and you spy him.  

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Which is why it's time to begin looking at the Conference as a whole.... and a WC berth...

Wild Card? Means no worse than 7-3 the rest of the way- or start praying.... 

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

That Khaleesi melt down was epic though! 

...... and all hail Sansa - Queen of the North. 

Worst character writing ever. Not that I disliked her turning "mad", I like some surprises and bad endings... but it was too fast and with many plotholes. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm not sleeping on the Texans, and I believe the Colts are due to lose a few. They are over-achieving, although I like Frank Reich.

15 hours ago, Nero said:

Worst character writing ever. Not that I disliked her turning "mad", I like some surprises and bad endings... but it was too fast and with many plotholes. 

Terrible and the screen was so dark you couldn't see what was going on. Conan's bit was LOL

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

Wild Card? Means no worse than 7-3 the rest of the way- or start praying.... 

I figure 8-2... and it's doable.

47 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I'm not sleeping on the Texans, and I believe the Colts are due to lose a few. They are over-achieving, although I like Frank Reich.

I live with a Texan fan... they just have a history of pissing away seasons under O'Brien... and with more talent than they now have.

Indy? I hear you, but aside from the shockingly good job Brissett is doing in place of Luck, their 2019 success should not come as a surprise. They've been building for a while now and had most of their parts assembled last season, e.g., the D and Mack.

Overachieving? Maybe, but I think you mentioned the reason they might not be.... Reich. This is a different Offense than we would have seen under Luck and it's Reich who has to be credited with the personality change that goes with it.

• Upvote 1

You had to figure the Ratbirds and Steelers wouldn't "go away." 

I don't like Jackson, but he's a waterbug playing QB. Simply difficult to corral. You've got to get ahead by a couple scores by the 3rd Q to make them throw, and exploit his "weakness." Jackson is only going to get better, so the Browns have to step it up.

Let's hope the Browns coaching staff did some soul-searching and serious adjusting over the BYE. Otherwise this forum is going to be littered with endless draft talk like in years past.

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I don't like Jackson, but he's a waterbug playing QB. Simply difficult to corral. You've got to get ahead by a couple scores by the 3rd Q to make them throw, and exploit his "weakness." Jackson is only going to get better, so the Browns have to step it up.

Let's hope the Browns coaching staff did some soul-searching and serious adjusting over the BYE. Otherwise this forum is going to be littered with endless draft talk like in years past.

If the D line can apply pressure and if Baker finds his game....

• Upvote 1

On 10/22/2019 at 3:30 PM, Bob806 said:

If you get lazy with your game plan (Dolphins, Seahawks) they will beat you badly.

You put on film of the Chargers Ravens playoff game and even some Browns this season. Blueprint is there. 

-I don’t blitz him.  I have the Dline occupy their lanes stay discipline don’t have your ends get too far upfield.  You do the opposite of what a defense is typically called to do keep him in the pocket.  

- you spy him. One guy is always dedicated to him.  When they do that read option you hit him.  Oops I thought he had the ball.   It leaves one less guy in coverage but Jackson makes even the easiest throws hard. 

- you play zone in the back 7.  You can’t afford man coverage and him running free and you give him different looks out of the zone 

They are a tough out

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2019 at 11:53 AM, SdBacker80 said:

If you get lazy with your game plan (Dolphins, Seahawks) they will beat you badly.

You put on film of the Chargers Ravens playoff game and even some Browns this season. Blueprint is there. 

-I don’t blitz him.  I have the Dline occupy their lanes stay discipline don’t have your ends get too far upfield.  You do the opposite of what a defense is typically called to do keep him in the pocket.  

- you spy him. One guy is always dedicated to him.  When they do that read option you hit him.  Oops I thought he had the ball.   It leaves one less guy in coverage but Jackson makes even the easiest throws hard. 

- you play zone in the back 7.  You can’t afford man coverage and him running free and you give him different looks out of the zone 

They are a tough out

When you can complete 9 passes and still beat Seattle at home by 2 tds or more,  you're a problem.