THE BROWNS BOARD

Fan punched Myles Garrett

htownbrown

"Stupid is as stupid does.".   :blink:

. As most people know, the first rule of punching someone is "don't punch anyone bigger than you," and it's almost a guarantee that the 6-foot-4, 275-pound Garrett was bigger than the guy who punched him. 

49 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

isnt that where diehardbrownsfan lives ? if so sounds like something he would do

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Woody!  Nah, he wouldn't have the gonads.

2 hours ago, htownbrown said:

Myles was being nice, and a "Fan" in all likelihood being a drunk jackass.  Garrett laughed it off, but nice way for a shithead to ruin it for a lot of other fans...  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Myles was being nice, and a "Fan" in all likelihood being a drunk jackass.  Garrett laughed it off, but nice way for a shithead to ruin it for a lot of other fans...  

Myles called it a "pillow tap." this is a non story, if I even touched Myle's face I'd run like no tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm just glad Myles showed restraint. I have no doubt he could have taken this guy apart. Letting the law handle it is the best route and I hope this guy gets the maximum punishment for it. Is being an idiot a felony or a misdemeanor?

Felony or misdemeanor? Hmmm I do know one thing for sure the only known cure for stupidity is death.  :lol:.   (just kidding.....I think)

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm just glad Myles showed restraint. I have no doubt he could have taken this guy apart. Letting the law handle it is the best route and I hope this guy gets the maximum punishment for it. Is being an idiot a felony or a misdemeanor?

At least in this state unprovoked fists used on an innocent person no longer qualifies as a teenage fistfight when you become an adult. In Texas it's called simple assault and is a Class B Misdemeanor when no weapon is involved. The law is actually very specific when an athlete is the victim.

From the Article:  "if the offender assaults the victim in retaliation for his performance in the athletic event (as an athlete or sports official), the crime is a Class B misdemeanor."

"Class B misdemeanor – up to 180 days in jail or a fine up to $2000, or both" 

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/simple-assault-texas.htm

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

At least in this state unprovoked fists used on an innocent person no longer qualifies as a teenage fistfight when you become an adult. In Texas it's called simple assault and is a Class B Misdemeanor when no weapon is involved. The law is actually very specific when an athlete is the victim.

From the Article:  "if the offender assaults the victim in retaliation for his performance in the athletic event (as an athlete or sports official), the crime is a Class B misdemeanor."

"Class B misdemeanor – up to 180 days in jail or a fine up to $2000, or both" 

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/simple-assault-texas.htm

Don't know what it is in Ohio Ag, but Some time in the slammer and a hefty fine sound appropriate. Now there wouldn't be some vigilante Browns fans figuring out where the perpetrator lives and paying him a social call? Nah, never happen.  :D 

To a degree, I think this person may have hit Myles HOPING for retaliation & some quick lawsuit $$. Wouldn't surprise me a bit except that he chose the wrong guy. Myles Garrett always seems to exercise outstanding self control.

Mike

1 minute ago, Canton Mike said:

To a degree, I think this person may have hit Myles HOPING for retaliation & some quick lawsuit $$. Wouldn't surprise me a bit except that he chose the wrong guy. Myles Garrett always seems to exercise outstanding self control.

Mike

As you wrote this Garrett has just been called for another offsides penalty.🤣

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Icecube said:

It actually sounds more like a playful slap, really. 

Well as details have come out, it wasn't right after the game. But still, you just don't pull that kind of crap- ever. You thank Myles profusely for the time. And leave with your picture.