THE BROWNS BOARD

It's true, Cowherd hates the Browns...

hoorta

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, I checked- Barron and Moncrief are OK. I'm waiting for Vag to say Barron is as good as Khalil Mack, and Moncrief will replace Brown just fine...  

Barron may replace LJ fort and Moncrief would probably have to become the number two wide receiver to replace juju Smith who goes up to number one

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eggzakly... it's JuJu they are high on.

Will he "replace" Brown's production? Likely not, but if he can approximate it...

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Will he "replace" Brown's production? Likely not, but if he can approximate it...

Smith-Shyster was quite productive as the #2.    I personally do not think that  he can duplicate the productivity of A. Brown as the #1...or that Moncrief can duplicate the productivity of him as #2.  

But, of course it helps both of them if BR is still playing at the high level he has for a lot of his career...which he likely should...if he is healthy.

BR's biggest problem, to me....is the loss of Munchak at OL.   Their OL was great protecting BR with Munchak to guide them. Maybe not so much without him.

Don't think munchaks loss will be felt for a couple years, they're returning the entire OL, minus Gilbert who played very little. They're all developed, and the scheme isn't changing, so any dropoff is unlikely. James Washington should be better this year, as he was coming on late last year. It's an adequate group that should produce under Ben. 

Defensively is another story ... Depth is very thin with a couple questionable starters, Colbert's gotta nail this draft or they're gonna be in shootouts all year

1 minute ago, choco said:

Don't think munchaks loss will be felt for a couple years, they're returning the entire OL, minus Gilbert who played very little. They're all developed, and the scheme isn't changing, so any dropoff is unlikely. James Washington should be better this year, as he was coming on late last year. It's an adequate group that should produce under Ben. 

Defensively is another story ... Depth is very thin with a couple questionable starters, Colbert's gotta nail this draft or they're gonna be in shootouts all year

Sure, that is what they said when LeBeau left:  Oh, the Steelers defense will be just as good.   Well...they weren't.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Sure, that is what they said when LeBeau left:  Oh, the Steelers defense will be just as good.   Well...they weren't.

not even close gip...

year          DVOA          Total yards

2018         13                    6

2017           9                     5

2016          11                   12

2015            11                  21

lebeau left after 20`5....so im not quite sure by what measure you claim they got worse.  seems to have stayed the same by most metrics.  if anything, they've become less consistent, and are not generating the sacks/turnovers of the past.  you going by film?

1 hour ago, choco said:

not even close gip...

year          DVOA          Total yards

2018         13                    6

2017           9                     5

2016          11                   12

2015            11                  21

lebeau left after 20`5....so im not quite sure by what measure you claim they got worse.  seems to have stayed the same by most metrics.  if anything, they've become less consistent, and are not generating the sacks/turnovers of the past.  you going by film?

If you think that the Steelers defense plays as well now than when LeBeau was their DC...I don't know what you have been watching.  You just give his last year.....what about the decade and a half before that.   They made 3 SBs, winning two, primarily on the strength of his defense.  Since he left, it has been the offense that has carried that team for the most part, not the defense.

Admittedly, they don't have the same kind of talent when he was in his prime.....or....do they?  Maybe it is just that he got so much out of the talent he had that it seemed that that talent was much better. 

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Am not sure the steelqueens pass playbook can run a non rub route...(enter drum rim shot here) 🥁 (excuse me,Pick play!)

Like I said.. Cowturd has Quarterback Penis Envy.. Now he has Football Team Penis Envy..... He knows the stools just lost most of their impact players in Bell and AB.... The fact that the Browns could win both games against the stools potentially crushes his feeble manhood.. Or lack there of...

Cowherd doesn't care about the Steelers, when they were one of the best teams in the league he would say negative things about them. He is a Patriots, Colts, 49ers, and someone else guy.

He just says things to get a reaction. He may well not care for the Browns, but the reason he is like that now is because of his stance on Baker. He said he was undraftable. So he cant admit he was wrong now that Baker has shown something, so he doubles down.

I can't forget at the end of last year regular season and beginning of playoffs in the NBA. Yall know I don't care for LBJ, but Cavs were gonna breeze through the playoffs, LBJ was the MVP, a chance to beat Warriors, etc. When they went to game 7 in 1st round, "the NBA has passed Lebron by, he will never be as relevant again." I'm pretty sure he even thought they would lose that game 7. And a little more history of what I have seen with him on LBJ, he is one of the guys who beat the drum loudest that he was either close to or better than Jordan. So this wasn't him just not liking him. And then of course this year he was back to LBJ will be MVP.

As for NFL, Luck is the 2nd best player in football, behind Brady. He had a better year than Mahomes. He even posted on one of those social media things, "whoever wins the Chiefs Colts game is the MVP." When Chiefs won, well his story changed. It was just one game, it was defense fault, MVP is regular season award, etc.

On 4/6/2019 at 3:39 PM, Gunz41 said:

Cowherd doesn't care about the Steelers, when they were one of the best teams in the league he would say negative things about them. He is a Patriots, Colts, 49ers, and someone else guy.

He just says things to get a reaction. He may well not care for the Browns, but the reason he is like that now is because of his stance on Baker. He said he was undraftable. So he cant admit he was wrong now that Baker has shown something, so he doubles down.

Yup, I've heard Cowie say negative stuff about the Steelers too. 

But his constant anti-Browns diatribe is just getting to be too much. He'd get a lot more respect in this corner if he'd just admit for once he was dead wrong about something. 

Here's the thing this guy would be one of a hundred Sports yappers making the same old comments on the same old shit. Right now Baker Mayfield and the Cleveland Browns are kind of The Buzz of the NFL. I hope to hell the buzz is the real thing but what better way to get yourself noticed been to talk shit about America's new favorite team? How many times does this guy get reposted on social media as opposed to the 99 other guys talking about how the Browns should win the division?

And if we don't can you imagine how miserable it will be listening to this obnoxious bastard gloat?

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Here's the thing this guy would be one of a hundred Sports yappers making the same old comments on the same old shit. Right now Baker Mayfield and the Cleveland Browns are kind of The Buzz of the NFL. I hope to hell the buzz is the real thing but what better way to get yourself noticed been to talk shit about America's new favorite team? How many times does this guy get reposted on social media as opposed to the 99 other guys talking about how the Browns should win the division?

And if we don't can you imagine how miserable it will be listening to this obnoxious bastard gloat?

WSS

And you know if Baker ever makes a game losing mistake, it will be the Zombie Apocalypse from this turd.☠️💩

And now for some nice rebuttal if you have the time, of how the guy is totally full of BS.  

This was a comment underneath the original video on YouTube (from an apparent Eagles fan) , and it explains the guy's MO to a T.   :)   

"If you want to know how Coward will apologize for his take on baker, look at his opinion on Doug Pederson, the superbowl winning coach for the Philadelphia Eagles. He said Doug Pederson was the worst head coaching hire in history. Then he moved off it a little bit crediting all his success to Andy Reid and his assistant coaches after they got to the superbowl. Then at the beginning of this season Pederson writes a book and Coward freaks out and goes back to bashing him and saying "Oh now he will be exposed because he doesn't have the support of Frank Reich and John Defillippo." He even has him on the show to tell him about this. When they lost big to the Saints, he brought up the fact Pederson is the problem and needs to go. Then when they beat the bears this weekend he includes a 10 second segment in his show admitting "Doug Pederson is one of the best playcallers in the league. I was wrong about him. Aren't I so mature for admitting when I'm wrong? That's why I have these segments." You see Quincy, Colin always wins in his mind. If he calls someone out with ridiculous claims, he will just double down. Then if he's proven wrong again, he'll back off a bit until they make a single mistake. Then he'll jump on it and triple down. And if he's wrong about that, it'll all be okay because it's a 10 second segment on his show where he gets to act like he's the mature one. Baker needs to win a superbowl and get back to the playoffs the year after that before we'll see Colin do this. The parallels between Pederson and Mayfield are uncanny."

17 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

And you're right Brother Steve. This guy makes a living off of being a contrarian. Baker "Undraftable"? LOL. But he must have some deep seated psychological problem. Virtually all the human race has a  need to feel liked and wanted. Colin apparently loves to be hated. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Colin always wins in his mind. If he calls someone out with ridiculous claims, he will just double down. Then if he's proven wrong again, he'll back off a bit until they make a single mistake. Then he'll jump on it and triple down. And if he's wrong about that, it'll all be okay because it's a 10 second segment on his show where he gets to act like he's the mature one.

Reminds me of someone...

... can't... quite... put... muh... fingie... on... it. :ph34r:

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yup, I've heard Cowie say negative stuff about the Steelers too. 

But his constant anti-Browns diatribe is just getting to be too much. He'd get a lot more respect in this corner if he'd just admit for once he was dead wrong about something. 

He won't admit anything though, and that is what he does. He will come up with some way to explain it away.

A couple years ago he actually took calls from the audience. I guess he got tired of the people challenging him 

If you listen to this or any other sports talking head, ya'll have way too much time on your hands.

Try tuning in CNBC... at least there you can make some money.

4 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

A couple years ago he actually took calls from the audience. I guess he got tired of the people challenging him 

from callers, she went to putting bimbo women on the show to talk sports & to sex things up for ratings..not sure how much longer the hired sexy looking librarian makes it 🤓..the 3rd, show chicks are a charm;)

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

My gumby decoder ring just had a stroke...

try the big chief Njoku spike 🏈 on it;),never fails..the she is He-herd..He started with Michelle Beadle, try this from next-x #2 https://nypost.com/2017/05/19/colin-cowherd-is-a-lying-sack-of-crap-sports-anchor/ his new flake is Joy Taylor #3..she has the talent of collecting late book fees at the libary..the guys at work call Joy "the smokin Librarian"..I gave up on espn when Stew Scott passed..even Mike & Mike..   

4 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

try the big chief Njoku spike 🏈 on it..the she is He-herd..He started with Michelle Beadle, try this from next-x #2 https://nypost.com/2017/05/19/colin-cowherd-is-a-lying-sack-of-crap-sports-anchor/ his new flake is Joy Taylor #3..she has the talent of collecting late book fees at the libary..the guys at work call Joy "the smokin Librarian"..I gave up on espn when Stew Scott passed..even Mike & Mike..   

The 2 that I know of that have been on "The Herd" are Christine Leahy and now Joy Taylor.

Both are pretty women. The saddest thing about it is they do the "news." And even that is called the Herd line news with Joy or Christine. CL got her own show, and is famous for her interaction with an even bigger idiot than Cowherd, Lavar Ball. Joy went from Skip Bayless show. And she is probably more qualified than him to talk, seeing as though her brother is Jason Taylor.

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

try the big chief Njoku spike 🏈 on it;),never fails..the she is He-herd..He started with Michelle Beadle, try this from next-x #2 https://nypost.com/2017/05/19/colin-cowherd-is-a-lying-sack-of-crap-sports-anchor/ his new flake is Joy Taylor #3..she has the talent of collecting late book fees at the libary..the guys at work call Joy "the smokin Librarian"..I gave up on espn when Stew Scott passed..even Mike & Mike..   

Bob Ley , Chris Berman. and Stuart Scott were about the only quality talent that ESPN Nurtured...  Everything else was pure fluff.. But also.. I thought Roy Firestone gave great , provocative interviews.... Dan LaBatard and his daddyo are completely useless!

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

Bob Ley , Chris Berman. and Stuart Scott were about the only quality talent that ESPN Nurtured...  Everything else was pure fluff.. But also.. I thought Roy Firestone gave great , provocative interviews.... Dan LaBatard and his daddyo are completely useless!

Brings back memories of my wonderful French Grandmother & makes me laugh...Everytime I see DL's name, all I can think of is "Dan the Bastard".

Mike

Archived