THE BROWNS BOARD

Some musings (ramblings?) on the state of american and world geopolitics

VaporTrail

Trump's foreign policy in general - As someone who doesn't really fit in the typical base of either the Democrat or Republican party, I continue to be happy with my vote for Trump. I really appreciate how he is asking the naive question - which is "Are we doing things a certain way because that's the way they've always been done?" - to basically every single country in the world. Instead of us subsidizing the rest of the world's economy, as we've been doing since the end of WW2, Trump is turning these relationships into something more transactional. Note - this would have happened with Hillary, too, albeit on a much slower timeline.

Iran - Unfortunately, from my point of view, Trump does take a more ideological view towards Iran. It's frustrating to see him take the neocon view towards Iran. He's siding strongly with Israel and Saudi Arabia. I don't see how Iran poses any significant threat to the United States or its citizens in this day and age. 

Venezuela - Again, for as much as I loved Trump for calling out people like Rubio, GWB, and the loudest rat asshole of all, John McCain for their imperialist bullshit, Trump seems to be making the same neocon decisions in wanting a regime change for Maduro. I guess we want their shit quality oil. 

Korea - I'm actually pleased with how this last summit ended, even though there was no progress. I was expecting Trump to be tweeting insults at KJU, but it seems that there is room on the table for further negotiations. The media can gloat all they like about how Trump accomplished nothing, but there's a better relationship between the two countries right now than were cultivated by Clinton, GWB, or Obama. Trump getting rid of all sanctions for the shut down of a single nuclear facility would have been a terrible deal. I think it's completely unrealistic to expect NK to denuclearize given what happened to Ukraine. That said, Trump/Xi/Moon/Un are deserving of a Nobel prize if the Korean peninsula becomes unified. 

Pakistan/India - Interesting to see how this plays out. Sounds like there are some continued skirmishes going into the weekend. I don't think things will go nuclear. The cricket world cup could get testy. 

The Democrats - The evolution of this political party is fascinating. They had success in the past 15 years by making an alliance of single issue voters, but the house of cards came crashing down in 2016. Disclaimer - they lost me in 2016 by appealing to the fringe left and calling everything right of center "racist" or "fascist." Elizabeth Warren totally BTFO'd herself with her idiotic DNA testing. AOC will be a force to be reckoned with in the future, and she's the leftist equivalent to Trump, appealing to emotions instead of logic or reasoning. I'm not sure how to feel about Kamala Harris, I don't know much about her, but the establishment DNC is pushing her hard. I'm very surprised by how much Bernie Sanders raised when he announced. He's going to throw another wrench into the DNC's plans to push Harris - I'm rooting for Bernie in that regard. The person I want to win the nomination is Tulsi Gabbard, she's an Army vet and congresswoman from Hawaii. The DNC's media arm is already smearing her as another Russian shill because she dares to speak out against American interventionism. If Tulsi somehow wins, she'd be the only person I'd vote for over Trump at this point.

5 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Trump's foreign policy in general - As someone who doesn't really fit in the typical base of either the Democrat or Republican party, I continue to be happy with my vote for Trump. I really appreciate how he is asking the naive question - which is "Are we doing things a certain way because that's the way they've always been done?" - to basically every single country in the world. Instead of us subsidizing the rest of the world's economy, as we've been doing since the end of WW2, Trump is turning these relationships into something more transactional. Note - this would have happened with Hillary, too, albeit on a much slower timeline.

Iran - Unfortunately, from my point of view, Trump does take a more ideological view towards Iran. It's frustrating to see him take the neocon view towards Iran. He's siding strongly with Israel and Saudi Arabia. I don't see how Iran poses any significant threat to the United States or its citizens in this day and age. 

Venezuela - Again, for as much as I loved Trump for calling out people like Rubio, GWB, and the loudest rat asshole of all, John McCain for their imperialist bullshit, Trump seems to be making the same neocon decisions in wanting a regime change for Maduro. I guess we want their shit quality oil. 

Korea - I'm actually pleased with how this last summit ended, even though there was no progress. I was expecting Trump to be tweeting insults at KJU, but it seems that there is room on the table for further negotiations. The media can gloat all they like about how Trump accomplished nothing, but there's a better relationship between the two countries right now than were cultivated by Clinton, GWB, or Obama. Trump getting rid of all sanctions for the shut down of a single nuclear facility would have been a terrible deal. I think it's completely unrealistic to expect NK to denuclearize given what happened to Ukraine. That said, Trump/Xi/Moon/Un are deserving of a Nobel prize if the Korean peninsula becomes unified. 

Pakistan/India - Interesting to see how this plays out. Sounds like there are some continued skirmishes going into the weekend. I don't think things will go nuclear. The cricket world cup could get testy. 

The Democrats - The evolution of this political party is fascinating. They had success in the past 15 years by making an alliance of single issue voters, but the house of cards came crashing down in 2016. Disclaimer - they lost me in 2016 by appealing to the fringe left and calling everything right of center "racist" or "fascist." Elizabeth Warren totally BTFO'd herself with her idiotic DNA testing. AOC will be a force to be reckoned with in the future, and she's the leftist equivalent to Trump, appealing to emotions instead of logic or reasoning. I'm not sure how to feel about Kamala Harris, I don't know much about her, but the establishment DNC is pushing her hard. I'm very surprised by how much Bernie Sanders raised when he announced. He's going to throw another wrench into the DNC's plans to push Harris - I'm rooting for Bernie in that regard. The person I want to win the nomination is Tulsi Gabbard, she's an Army vet and congresswoman from Hawaii. The DNC's media arm is already smearing her as another Russian shill because she dares to speak out against American interventionism. If Tulsi somehow wins, she'd be the only person I'd vote for over Trump at this point.

Pretty good write up, I only have a couple of differences.

First is Iran, this was the country Obama was falling over himself to help out in anyway he could.

I have issues with helping out a country who’s citizen regularly chant “Death to America” and keep warm by burning our flag.

Second issue is Communist Bernie, he was paid off by the DNC to step aside and give the nomination to Crooked Hillary, without making a stink about it.

I feel Bernie really doesn’t want a nomination in 2020...he wants another payday from the DNC to just go away again.

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

If your plane crashed in the Andes mountains and you were starving to death...........

Then  you could write a book and make a movie deal.............................................oh wait.🛰️🗻

Archived