THE BROWNS BOARD

Dems block 'born alive' bill to provide medical care to infants who survive failed abortions

Vambo

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-to-vote-on-born-alive-bill-to-protect-infants-who-survive-a-failed-abortion

Senate Democrats on Monday blocked a Republican bill that would have threatened prison time for doctors who don't try saving the life of infants born alive during abortions, leading conservatives to wonder openly whether Democrats were embracing "infanticide" to appeal to left-wing voters.

All prominent Democratic 2020 presidential hopefuls in the Senate voted down the measure, including Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Kamala Harris of California, Cory Booker of New Jersey, Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts. The final vote was 53-44 to end Democratic delaying tactics -- seven votes short of the 60 needed.

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I put this in the other thread where this was posted, but I wonder what other legislation was jammed into this bill. 

Which has always been one of my biggest complaints about the lawmaking process. There should definitely be a line item veto. For either party president.

Pass a clean bill. Or veto a clean bill.

WSS

Archived