THE BROWNS BOARD

Reparations

Westside Steve

Dem 2020 hopefuls Harris, Warren say they embrace idea of reparations for black Americans: report

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harris-warren-embrace-reparations-for-black-americans

Here is the biggest thing I saw in the article,  "Policy experts say it could cost several trillion dollars." We are 22 trillion dollars in debt and counting already. These politicians in their effort to buy votes are out of their minds.

59 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Dem 2020 hopefuls Harris, Warren say they embrace idea of reparations for black Americans: report

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harris-warren-embrace-reparations-for-black-americans

Here is the biggest thing I saw in the article,  "Policy experts say it could cost several trillion dollars." We are 22 trillion dollars in debt and counting already. These politicians in their effort to buy votes are out of their minds.

I guess if you can’t gain the Black vote...you may as well try to buy it!

Just more artificially created bs to have an excuse to redistribute wealth to their voters group identities.

They jumped onto the smollett train because it added fuel to the fake artificial fire.

23 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Hopefully I will get a check from whoever it was that oppressed my ancestors in the ninth century.

WSS

I'd be happy to pay my fair share if they don't mind taking the Confederate money my Yankee in-laws gave me.🤩

I have some leftover state money issued by Virginia and Georgia that I did not have framed with the rest for my history/literature library.:D

It's all so corrupt. They demean Pres Trump as racist and divisive, yet this garbage,

and things like the smollet case, could trigger serious racial strife in our country.

Big serious trouble is here. If it wsan't for Pres Trump keeping promises to ALL AMERICANS, and

a Republican Senate...where would we be?

Warren suggests Native Americans should be ‘part of the conversation’ about reparations

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/02/23/warren-suggests-native-americans-should-part-conversation-about-reparations/WSWKAwTB6HgOaXT5lJiuJJ/story.html

Why not? We are only 22 trillion dollars in debt so let's print up some more money and spread around the loot. And while we are printing up all that fiat money might I recommend they give us Irish people some financial considerations too . 

The Economics of American Farm Unrest, 1865-1900 - EH.Net

When real prices over the post-Civil War period are examined, there is an ... to have been compensation for the inherent risks of lending to frontier farmers.

38 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Almost a full page and not one of you MF have posted this yet.  Very disappointed. 

Too bad that show went away. It was hilarious 

We should pay reoerations to people who still gave genetic links to neanderthals. After all we're guilty of wiping them clean off the planet. The Indians still have reservations.  

This could go on forever. I'm not paying people who were never victims for what happened to people that looked like them back in the land of ago. 

Fuck you. 

Not only was no black person ever a slave, but the ancestors of the vast majority of white people never owned slaves.

There were roughly only 35 million Americans when slavery ended in 1860. Following that was massive immigration to the US. I'd venture to say that the overwhelming majority of the white US population are descendants of immigrants, therefore could have never owned slaves.

I'd say if you're white and from NE Ohio like me, your ancestors most likely came from Eastern Europe, or even Western way after slavery was abolished.

Me pay reparations? Fuck all you compassionate Trump hating liberal twats.

Another thing to consider, out of the 13 million blacks, how many are immigrants and their descendants  and not descendants of slaves?

4-5 million?

13 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Not only was no black person ever a slave, but the ancestors of the vast majority of white people never owned slaves.

There were roughly only 35 million Americans when slavery ended in 1860. Following that was massive immigration to the US. I'd venture to say that the overwhelming majority of the white US population are descendants of immigrants, therefore could have never owned slaves.

I'd say if you're white and from NE Ohio like me, your ancestors most likely came from Eastern Europe, or even Western way after slavery was abolished.

Me pay reparations? Fuck all you compassionate Trump hating liberal twats.

Another thing to consider, out of the 13 million blacks, how many are immigrants and their descendants  and not descendants of slaves?

4-5 million?

So you don't want your tax money going to something you don't agree with? Huh

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-slave-owners/
Senator Kamala Harris Supports Reparations for Slavery – But Her Jamaican Ancestors Were Plantation Slave Owners?
by Jim Hoft February 24, 2019

Senator Kamala Harris from California stated this past week that she was for reparations for black Americans for slavery.

But, according to her father, her ancestors were plantation slave owners in Jamaica. So is Kamala willing to pay for these reparations?

According to the New York Post Senators Harris and Elizabeth Warren support reparations for African-Americans affected by slavery.

Asked about the matter last week on the 105.1 FM show “Breakfast Club,” Harris agreed with the host that reparations are necessary to address problems of “inequities.”

“America has a history of 200 years of slavery. We had Jim Crow. We had legal segregation in America for a very long time,” she said on the radio show. “We have got to recognize, back to that earlier point, people aren’t starting out on the same base in terms of their ability to succeed and so we have got to recognize that and give people a lift up.”

The former attorney general doubled down on her remarks on Thursday.

“We have to be honest that people in this country do not start from the same place or have access to the same opportunities,” she said in a statement to the New York Times. “I’m serious about taking an approach that would change policies and structures and make real investments in black communities.”

The problem with Senator Harris’s comments are that her father says that her ancestors were Jamaican plantation owners. According to his book,

As a child growing up in Jamaica, I often heard it said, by my parents and family friends: “memba whe yu cum fram”. To this day, I continue to retain the deep social awareness and strong sense of identity which that grassroots Jamaican philosophy fed in me. As a father, I naturally sought to develop the same sensibility in my two daughters. Born and bred in America, Kamala was the first in line to have it planted. Maya came two years later and had the advantage of an older sibling as mentor. It is for them to say truthfully now, not me, what if anything of value they carried from that early experience into adulthood. My one big regret is that they did not come to know very well the two most influential women in my life: “Miss Chrishy” and “Miss Iris” (as everybody called them). This is, in many ways, a story about these women and the heritage they gave us.

My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner (and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me). The Harris name comes from my paternal grandfather Joseph Alexander Harris, land-owner and agricultural ‘produce’ exporter (mostly pimento or all-spice), who died in 1939 one year after I was born and is buried in the church yard of the magnificent Anglican Church which Hamilton Brown built in Brown’s Town (and where, as a child, I learned the catechism, was baptized and confirmed, and served as an acolyte).

Kamala Harris is a direct descendant of Jamaican slave owners, that makes her a true Democrat.

Full Videohttps://t.co/QNoRIFvf7u#NoAgenda#Kamala2020 #Slavery pic.twitter.com/ILRXFAsisR
— Rob Dew (@DewsNewz) February 22, 2019

If this is true, will Senator Harris then pay for the reparations to black Americans?

Ocasio-Cortez, Bill De Blasio, Kamala Harris and now Elizabeth Warren all support reparations for "blacks," even though new DNA research shows the average self-identified black in America is 24% European. Good luck sorting that out.
— Paul Sperry (@paulsperry_) February 22, 2019

12 minutes ago, Gorka said:

No, do you? I assume you're for reparations.

Honestly, not sure with what you're trying to get at here.

1) Point being, everyone has their taxes go to something they don't like. It really doesn't matter how you are connected. 

2) You know what happens when you assume

3) I think what these politicians have actually said, and how right wing sites have reported what they said, have been two different things. But that's not surprising. 

IOW's, Woody has no clue how to talk about any subject - he just changes it so he can smart off.

"everyone has their taxes..."

sure, but comparing solyndra or URANIUM ONE to abortion or reparations....

just lump it all together worthless.

Archived