THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Crazy week at The Great Zomboni's Lair this week, so we'll throw up a limited edition:

Pittsburgh at Baltimore 1:00 PM

The Ravens season and the Harbaugh/Flacco era is on the line the next two weeks for the Ratbirds. I'm thinking they pull this one out. RAVENS 26 STEELERS 24

Kansas City at Cleveland 1:00 PM

Signature win for Baker Mayfield against woeful Chiefs defense. BROWNS 37 CHIEFS 30

TGZ

Well found this guy working at Sam's club, what does he say?

Haven't heard from ONE MAN'S OPINION in a long time, let's see what he has to say. (Probably hiding from everyone he owes money to from last year.)

The Browns are becoming more dysfunctional as the season moves on with their offensive coordinator, Todd Haley, the latest to draw rumors about his job security. Maybe Cleveland ownership will finally realize Hue Jackson is the problem. Another problem is Cleveland’s defense, which is wearing down from having played four overtime games, three coming during the last five weeks. This may be a flat spot for the Chiefs. Yet who wants to get in their way? KC is averaging an NFL-best 36.2 points per game, Patrick Mahomes has fired 26 touchdown passes, Tyreek Hill has seven TD catches and Travis Kelce is a top-three tight end.

SO what do do? He11 yes jump back into the fray Cleveland has already covered more than they have all of last year take CLE +10 and a side of over 52 baby!

While you're at it some BAL -2.5 vs pit and HOU (pick) plus some WASH (pick) and parlay them every way possible and get ready to collect big next Tuesday.

No Zombo assistants this week no problem you can get a really good executive secretary I know in a pinch Layla, she's good but not cheap.

Secretary Layla.png

And the hits just keep on coming...

image.png.7f228c74cb663a18fc574387f0f61dd5.png

Oy vey...

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore (-2.5) - Sun 11/04 12:00 PM

Last chance for my "class of the AFCN" to stand up and be counted...

Prediction: BLT 23 PTG 20

Kansas City @ Cleveland (+10.0) - Sun 11/04 12:00 PM

Hue gone helps. Higgins being back helps. That's just not enough help...

Prediction: KC 38 CLE 23

8 hours ago, Zombo said:

Crazy week at The Great Zomboni's Lair this week, so we'll throw up a limited edition:

Pittsburgh at Baltimore 1:00 PM

The Ravens season and the Harbaugh/Flacco era is on the line the next two weeks for the Ratbirds. I'm thinking they pull this one out. RAVENS 26 STEELERS 24

Kansas City at Cleveland 1:00 PM

Signature win for Baker Mayfield against woeful Chiefs defense. BROWNS 37 CHIEFS 30

TGZ

Mayfield is for real. Get him a receiver or two and some protection and he’ll put points on board. I think after so many misses the Browns finally have that QB.Team not ready to contend yet, though. I think they will be much better in 2019.

Pgh vs. Balt surprised me. Balt needed this worse than Pgh and it was a home game, thought they’d chew up Steelers. They were never really in the game. Good Pgh pass rush masks a sub par secondary., which I think the better teams that they could potentially  face in playoffs will exploit. Conner emerging as a dependable productive RB for them. LeVeon who?

40 minutes ago, Buck The Frowns said:

Mayfield is for real. Get him a receiver or two and some protection and he’ll put points on board. I think after so many misses the Browns finally have that QB.Team not ready to contend yet, though. I think they will be much better in 2019.

Pgh vs. Balt surprised me. Balt needed this worse than Pgh and it was a home game, thought they’d chew up Steelers. They were never really in the game. Good Pgh pass rush masks a sub par secondary., which I think the better teams that they could potentially  face in playoffs will exploit. Conner emerging as a dependable productive RB for them. LeVeon who?

Baltimore isn’t that good 

1 hour ago, Buck The Frowns said:

Emerging? He's here and loud about it. Secondary is also playing much better now that Hilton is back. Haden is terrific. We just need someone to emerge opposite him as it may never be artie burns.

57 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Emerging? He's here and loud about it. Secondary is also playing much better now that Hilton is back. Haden is terrific. We just need someone to emerge opposite him as it may never be artie burns.

Yet another Sashi salary dump that blew up in his face. Schwartz @ RT anchoring a SB level OL in KC. Wentz, Mahomes, who needs crap like that? 

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

no it’s just that they are just a little bit better than everyone else in this division

Correct. No matter how good or how bad the rest of the division is, the Steelers are always just a little bit better.

They are currently a top 7 team and a SB contender... after believing at the beginning of the season they were finally going to contend for the cellar.

I'm extremely disappointed in the browns, believing they were going to soar this year I was wrong about that too. Baker changes nothing. Hue gone changes nothing.

That 21 points vs. KC?...five other teams scored more vs that mediocre KC defense,  even a pathetic Denver team put 23 on them twice.

Only once have the browns scored more than 23 in a game this year. Just not seeing this vast improvement.

5 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Correct. No matter how good or how bad the rest of the division is, the Steelers are always just a little bit better.

They are currently a top 7 team and a SB contender... after believing at the beginning of the season they were finally going to contend for the cellar.

A top 7 in the AFC, sure.   A SB contender?  If you consider ANY team that will make the playoffs a Super Bowl contender, then sure.  A serious one.....not likely.

I'm extremely disappointed in the browns, believing they were going to soar this year I was wrong about that too. Baker changes nothing. Hue gone changes nothing.

That 21 points vs. KC?...five other teams scored more vs that mediocre KC defense,  even a pathetic Denver team put 23 on them twice.

Only once have the browns scored more than 23 in a game this year. Just not seeing this vast improvement.

Well...it has been a shitestorm at the offensive controls with Hue/Haley....and yesterday was Kitchen's first game running things.  And Mayfield IS a ROOKIE....who has done decently as can be expected with an OL that has become like a sieve.  In my opinion the bigger concern for the future is the defense...which does not seem to know how to make a tackle and which rarely covers a receiver.  Having half the defense out with injury does not help....but they should still be able to tackle.

Archived