THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

We call them DumbAss Texan fans. Because, well, they ARE from Texas.....and also because they were too dumb to come up with an original name. I mean, what is a Texan.....just some that lives within the confines of certain boundaries. It would have been as silly as saying the "Cleveland Ohioans"....or some such.

Nah but Houstonianswere just too apathetic. When the Oilers announced that they were leaving maybe 100 people showed up downtown to protest but what did Cleveland do to Model! Sued his ass - you can't take the name, you can't take the colors - you can't take shit ahd we'll try to stop you from taking the team.

McNair,even though he is a great man, has no originality. The Texans name stems from the Dallas team that Lamar Hunt moved to KC and re-names it the Chiefs. I would have purchased the Oilers name from Bud Adams and the colors. It could have been Luv Ya Blue round 2.

BTW, not dumb. I'll bet you're bundled up in Wadsworth right now while I'm sitting outside in shorts and a t-shirt posting on my laptop. Ain't nothing like 70's on Dec 11.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this for real? Wow! But I still live near Tampa and our game is on at the same time the Bucs are on. PHOOEY! Bucs are 2-11 against Derek Anderson. I will read a book and watch the Browns on NFL REWIND

It does count. You are wrong. Read the fucking facts. It ain't that hard to read or to count.

Gip, ya know I love ya- but just because Bert Bell had a grudge- it is what it is. 65 years and counting- it's not going to change, just like Shoeless Joe Jackson is never going to get reinstated.

I'm curious about which part of the link you are referring to that makes it count. Don't worry, I count them. :)

I noticed one part which stated this:

In 1948, the Browns became the first professional football team to complete an entire season undefeated and untied — 24 years before the 1972 Miami Dolphins of the NFL would accomplish the task, but this feat is not recognized by NFL record books. Unlike the AFL statistics which are treated as NFL statistics, records of the AAFC and its teams (most of which folded) are not recognized. However, individual AAFC player statistics are included in Pro Football Hall of Fame records, and the defunct conference is memorialized in the Hall.

Seems contradictory to me.

Also, Packers and Bears have more championship wins, but they are NFC teams.

and never will be.

Do the afl titles pre merger count in official standings?

Yes, which sucks.

Is this for real? Wow! But I still live near Tampa and our game is on at the same time the Bucs are on. PHOOEY! Bucs are 2-11 against Derek Anderson. I will read a book and watch the Browns on NFL REWIND

the only reason the Browns- Bengals is on FOX is because of some fancy footwork about switching the Sunday night game around. Hell, google "tampa Browns backers" and find a bar that's picking up the game.

Last weeks game was on Fox also.

Yeah- no comprendo- the AFC Games should be on CBS, & NFC games on FOX. It's long been the rule the visiting teams Conference affiliation picks up the broadcast- at least on Sunday afternoon games.

Hey Patriot guy, I, for one, have never hated the Patriots since I liked Bill when he was here and thought he got a shitty deal from Art Modell. I hope we kill you fuckers every time we play you but that's the same for any other team.

For what that's worth. ;)

WSS

That's good to hear, it's rare that people don't smite Tom Brady, Gronk, Gisele, Bill B., and anyone else involved with the Pats. But I agree with you a hundred percent, I always hope my team beats the other team. The teams I hate are the Jets and Giants but obviously since I'm from Boston I'm gona hate the NY teams every time haha

I cannot wait. Whether you like JFF or not he will put asses in the seats. More people will probably watch this game than any Browns game this year.

You're damn right more people will. I don't know a single Cleveland Browns fan in person and never have, but I know more people who are interested in this game than any other this weekend (Minus Pats/Dolphins of course...)

It is not contradictory. I have given this story before any number of times. It all comes down to the petty jealousy and resentment of one guy: Bert Bell Owner of the Philadelphia Eagles and NFL Commissioner at the time.

I chopped out the rest just to keep the post short.

Wow, learned something new. The biggest problem I see here is a team owner should never be allowed to be Commissioner. You all might say it is what it is, but going by this account I'm with Gip. It's bullshit and I count 'em.

You know, regardless of wether he turns out to be a star or a complete bust, Johnny F. does have a certain effect that is hard to describe. I am a Patriots fan and the only reason I joined this board was to pipe in on the Johnny Football thread, and I ended up enjoying this site far more than the Patriots fan forum... probably because most Patriots fans are stubborn rude conceited a-holes who refuse to have a legitimate conversation or difference of opinion without arguing.

You know, regardless of wether he turns out to be a star or a complete bust, Johnny F. does have a certain effect that is hard to describe. I am a Patriots fan and the only reason I joined this board was to pipe in on the Johnny Football thread, and I ended up enjoying this site far more than the Patriots fan forum... probably because most Patriots fans are stubborn rude conceited a-holes who refuse to have a legitimate conversation or difference of opinion without arguing.

Lol. Now that's amusing. Stick around, maybe we'll convert you. ;) Or at least make the Browns your secondary team.

Seriously, take a gander at this site if you're interested- http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/forums/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.10/

The amount of bickering, bitching and idiocracy has driven me from it and I used to love posting there. I've been logging on here instead the past two days.

Archived