THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Film-Breakdown-Johnny-Manziel%E2%80%99s-touchdown-drive/08ac3f63-690c-43a6-8929-33bd46c0f01d

The above goes into detail about the Buffalo td drive. Not sure how to post links.

The below link is from before the draft and talks about Houston's decision for the first pick and how Bill O'Brien likes "prototypical" qb's.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314614/article/johnny-manziel-could-be-pocket-passer-according-to-statistics

Here's something from the second article I wasn't aware of.

" Manziel attempted the highest percentage of passes covering 20 yards or longer among the consensus top four quarterback prospects, a whopping 18.69 percent of his throws, according to Greg Peshek of Rotoworld.

Manziel completed 55.84 percent of those shot plays, also the top mark and better than Bridgewater, Bortles and Carr."

56% completion on all 20+ yard throws.

One last thing, you don't know what you're talking about with Evans jump balls. Those passes(maybe 5) accounted for maybe 100-200 yards of his 8000. I will gladly stop talking about college stuff, but I can't let you rewrite history with false information.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Mike Pettine seems to want to know how it works out for sure.

And guess why JF was not at the Cavs game last night (end of the article).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000441736/article/mike-pettine-excited-to-see-johnny-manziel-play

Doesn't that little shit know the expectations of late nights out and TMZ?

Unless he looks GREAT!......right? ;)

Lol. Yes, the evaluations are he'll be a phenom because he had a touchdown drive against buffalo.

I'm willing to give him a full season unless he's shitting the bed for numerous games in a row. Gotta get a good sample size to see how he'll compete.

I just wonder how he's going to handle the cold and wind.

I think he'll handle the cold fine. Seems pretty gritty to me.

Ill give him the same thing I gave Hoyer(and Weeden), which is plenty of time.....Id say through next season at least to get a read....unless he's a superstar or extremely bad from day 1....and that would be GREAT..... or terrible

I have heard that before but i havent noticed it myself. I think its a tougher throw for any right handed QB because of the body/feet motion.

One of his most memorable IMO was his double okie-doke right spin he did versus Miss St to avoid a sack (twice) and rolled left threw it down field on a near rope to the sideline a couple of yards beyond the marker. I think A&M was 3rd and 25.

Linked to his throw. (BTW, those highlights show a ton of long throws...it also shows him throwing off his back foot. =/ )

http://youtu.be/4dPzqG3Lk-0?t=3m

ugg.

now we got aggie fans arguing with each other about college football on a frickin NFL football team's forum.

what a bunch of assholes.

what are you guys 10 years old?

here's the gist of what happens sunday. manziel looks great, great. manziel looks OK, great. manziel looks like he doesn't belong in the NFL.....not so great.

ugg.

now we got aggie fans arguing with each other about college football on a frickin NFL football team's forum.

here's the gist of what happens sunday. manziel looks great, great. manziel looks OK, great. manziel looks like he doesn't belong in the NFL.....not so great.

Do we call him a bust if he doesn't look great like some have called gilbert by week 3.

I don't know... I'm pretty excited to see if Gilbert earned more PT...

With the way our D has been playing, we don't need Manziel to play like the gunslinger he was in college. We definetly won't need 500+ yards and 30+ points in this game. We just need a smart and effective game manager to move the chains and get us in the endzone a couple times... I hope Johnny is our man to do that...

Do we call him a bust if he doesn't look great like some have called gilbert by week 3.

of course not.

hey if these aggie fans are right he's going to be aaron rodgers right outta the gate. let's hope he is but as old and wise as i am that would be a hupe leap in faith and i haven't played hopscotch in 50 years. (old white men can't jump)

i kinda think the NFL coaches (or any coaches for that matter) know more than college football FANS and there was a reason why he wasn't named starter from day one like that punk bitch skip bayless keeps saying he should've been. bayless knows how to lay out his back tracking weeks in advance sorta like some people on this board. he's making the reason now, if manziel plays like shit, to blame it on our FO and HC and that they are/were behind his demise since "they didn't want him."

it took a homeless guy holding a bottle of irish rose to MAKE the browns select him at 22. lol.

We just need a smart and effective game manager to move the chains and get us in the endzone a couple times... I hope Johnny is our man to do that...

I think that is exactly what shanny is planning using the skills he now knows that Manziel has. I expect more moving pockets, more rollout/naked bootleg and more draw/play action. I also expect him to stretch the field early so the safeties don't do to him what they did to Hoyer. First time they see one sailing 60 yds over their heads with better accuracy I think they stop cheating up to stop the run.

ugg.

I have a theory that 70-85% of die hard NFL fans 1) never graduated college with a 4 yr degree or 2) never graduated college with a football team worth a damn.

I'm curious if you fall into one of those categories?

retired from the madison ave ad biz when i was 48. (still working tho) no college necessary. just a quick wit and a keen creative mind.

yeah that college thing......

i guess you don't need a piece of paper to distinguish shit when you see it, hear it or smell it. i think you might fall into one of those categories.

One reason I'm psyched to see Johnny play is the Browns defense. Johnny should feel much less pressure to do "too much" because his defense is so good. I'm anxious to see how well he manages the game. One thing he was (hopefully still is) good at is third down. He's just a killer on converting third downs.

As for Gilbert, I don't think it's a knock on him that he's not playing much. The strength at DB is just so good. What they did to Luck last week was amazing, and I see big trouble for Dalton.

retired from the madison ave ad biz when i was 48. (still working tho) no college necessary. just a quick wit and a keen creative mind.

yeah that college thing......

i guess you don't need a piece of paper to distinguish shit when you see it, hear it or smell it. i think you might fall into one of those categories.

r u the "plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is" guy......

highly unlikely in the NYC/tri-state area...

will have to suffer through gints/jets unless i want to fork out a couple hundred to get the fuck out of the house.

hate to go to my annoying neighbor's house.........again, even though he has a new 75" UHD samsung joint.

who knows maybe cbs does a double-header. i mean hasn't manziel been all the buzz since the draft?

Archived