THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe thomas weighing in on browns

Kvoethe

Joe Thomas hopes to let Browns know before free agency about his status, guesses Cleveland will get A.J. McCarron

And more from a local awards banquet.E

usa_today_10294328.0.jpgPatrick McDermott-USA TODAY Sports

The Northeastern Ohio Chapter of the National Football Foundation Charity Scholarship Dinner took place Tuesday night, and Cleveland Brownsleft tackle Joe Thomas was present. Former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar snapped a picture of him, still looking as slender as ever:

Dave Chudowsky of WKYC had the chance to talk to Thomas during the event, and he posted several tweets recapping what he said. Here are those tweets in bullet point form:

• He has not made a decision yet (on the 2018 season) but is close and wants to let the Browns know before free agency. Said it’s kind of like picking a college, one day you think it’s this school, the next it’s another.
  • He’s disappointed that Sam Darnold did not throw at the NFL Combine. Asked whether the Browns should take a quarterback or best player at #1, he said it depends on what they do in free agency and they are in a good position to go either way.
  • If Thomas had to guess, he’d say that Cleveland would end up with A.J. McCarron as their quarterback, but also mentioned alternative options like Case KeemunSam Bradford, and Nick Foles.
  • He hasn’t been offered any TV jobs yet, but he is exploring options and putting himself in front of the decision makers because the end is coming sooner than later.

Thomas is due a $3 million roster bonus on March 18, several days after the start of free agency. So it makes sense that decision time is coming soon

ONE MORE SEASON JOE!!!

I can't lose both Joes in one year, it's just too much. 

Playoffs, THIS YEAR JOE... promise. Come back and block for Barkley. One time Joe, please, one more season.

Please retire. So we can move on to a new beginning.  So you can go to the patriots and us browns fans can't hang on an of offensive lineman being our best player the last 10years.  Pathetic

I'm near to point I'm getting sick of hearing about Joe Thomas... Make a goddamn decision and move on...

Jimi Hendrix we need ya bro.."Hey Joe, Where you going with those cleats in your hands? Am going down to the TV station.Get a make-up brush and put a mic in my hands." Joe Thomas, much respect & good luck HOF#73..(stay true to yourself,god & family)  EDIT--(md, Hoorta, could there be a possible NFL banned substance used in tricep/bicep recovery/surgery?) Could he pass if tested ?thanks 

I think he really wants to play but I have a feeling that he can't get physically ready.  Joe isn't going to play unless he KNOWS he can be effective.  A guy like Joe is going to have a very good understanding of what it takes to play at a high level, and if he doesn't think he can do it, he's not playing.  That's what is taking so long...he wants to play and he's trying to wait as long as he can to see what happens with his arm.  My bet is he doesn't play.  I just can't see it happening.  He looks like he's lost 50 pounds, and there's no way he can get that power back.  Not in time anyways.

Joe will do what he thinks is best for Joe & his Family. I'm good with that as he has been nothing short of being a classy, loyal Browns' Player & a totally positive influence in the locker room, off the field, & ON the field.

He deserves the right to go out as he sees fit...PERIOD!

Mike

My hunch is, he will play one more year - and hope they can win some games and then he can retire happy.

But if he retires now, great for him - I hope he stays active with the Browns.

18 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Please retire. So we can move on to a new beginning.  So you can go to the patriots and us browns fans can't hang on an of offensive lineman being our best player the last 10years.  Pathetic

Your posts are usually pretty damn rational. This one is the opposite. 

10 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Even if he retires as a player, it'd be cool if he could stick around in a FO or assistant coach capacity 

Looks like homeboy is angling for one of those sweet TV jobs... Pay is great without the ridiculous coaching work days. 

15 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

Washed up lost a step time to go. Replace him with the third pick 

JT was the highest ranked LT in the business in any year before injury..gold jacket waiting at HOF..your not filling those shoes in this draft at pick #33 or 3rd pick if we had one..

33 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

Washed up lost a step time to go. Replace him with the third pick 

You had better stick to your listed interest: turtle racing.

Mike

13 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Jimi Hendricks we need ya bro.."Hey Joe, Where you going with those cleats in your hands? Am going down to the TV station.Get a make-up brush and put a mic in my hands." Joe Thomas, much respect & good luck HOF#73..(stay true to yourself,god & family)  EDIT--(md, Hoorta, could there be a possible NFL banned substance used in tricep/bicep recovery/surgery?) Could he pass if tested ?thanks 

Its Hendrix;.. Not Hendricks..

2 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Your posts are usually pretty damn rational. This one is the opposite. 

It's the off season and am getting impatient.  Wish he comes back of course.  

Archived