THE BROWNS BOARD

No Foles talk

Kvoethe

18 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Same thing I've said. Bank on their fresh Super Bowl love for Foles and give them #1 for Wentz. Hell I'd give them #1 and a low #2 for him. 

I wouldnt give that much.. I might throw in some cash though...

23 hours ago, mjp28 said:

He skipped the Philadelphia parade to go to Disney World as SB MVP, a 31 year tradition. Woo-hoo for him and his family. 

This bodes well for us... philthy fans will run him out of town!!

17 hours ago, wargograw said:

Guy had two good games and you guys want to anoint him. Just like you anointed Wentz. They clearly have something there other than a QB....

Thats 2 more than our current qbs.  Ill take 2 wins!!

He skipped the Philadelphia parade to go to Disney World as SB MVP, a 31 year tradition. Woo-hoo for him and his family. 

Where does this shite come from?  The Parade in Philly is tomorrow.  He went to Disney World like Monday or Tuesday.

He is back in plenty of time for the parade.

38 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Where does this shite come from?  The Parade in Philly is tomorrow.  He went to Disney World like Monday or Tuesday.

He is back in plenty of time for the parade.

I first heard he was in Florida but yes he will be headed to Broad St.

16 hours ago, nickers said:

I wouldnt give that much.. I might throw in some cash though...

You wouldn't give up #1 pick and the Eagles their 2nd round pick back for the guy that was going to be the MVP before he got hurt?

So the assumption is the Browns take a QB at 1. So you would rather have Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield/Allen over Wentz?

Yea that makes A LOT of sense. Same as others with their "GUY" in the draft that is the best thing ever and before they step on field are the best at their position

On 2/5/2018 at 12:13 PM, hx214 said:

Listening to the radio this morning on 92.3 They talked about Foles contract.

However, if they trade him to another team he is locked in for 5 years at a very cheap rate for a QB.  Seems like they made the deal on this contract making it really enticing for another team to trade for him.

Seems crazy, but it is the case...

Foles signed a five-year contract with the Eagles, but it had one major caveat. If he is on the Eagles' roster come February 2019, the final three years of the deal will automatically be voided and he'll become a free agent. Voiding contracts aren't entirely uncommon; this one almost guarantees that Foles will be traded by February 2019.

Ironically, Wentz's injury is enormously beneficial for the Eagles in this respect. Foles has dramatically increased his stock in the past five games, and after shredding the Vikings' defense the way he did it's only going up. He's now a much more valued trade prospect, and a team getting 3-4 years out of Foles at this level would be well worth a deal. Of course, Foles would need to stay at this level.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nick-foles-contract-would-make-him-a-free-agent-if-hes-on-the-eagles-in-february-2019/

18 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Eagles won't let Foles go cause it makes no sense..Your paying Wentz a rookie contract of 6.6M. Than Foles 5.5M..In this league your lucky to get a starting QB at 12.1M..Knowing Peterson, he's not going to hold Foles back from making money. That conversation may happen? But holding a clipboard as the hero in Philly may end up with Foles waiting another year.Nick was a FA & Philly came back & got him.Eagles are -minus 4.6M in cap hole as we speak 

Sorry gum, given the contract they signed Foles to it makes all the sense in the world.

As the Bradford deal to MN showed last season, the Eagles sell when the market is at its highest... and Foles' will never be higher.

11 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

That said, you have any interest in Foles? 

Certainly have to put my original Darkhorse in the mix of options.

The major concern I have would have to be his fit within the TBD "Jackson/Haley" Offense. Nick has flourished in two seasons in his career and both seasons his offense was RPO based. Hue ran some of this in Cinci with Dalton, but I'm hard-pressed to recall much the past two seasons. And I can't recall any with Haley... not involving a QB-RB mesh point at any rate.

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

The major concern I have would have to be his fit within the TBD "Jackson/Haley" Offense. Nick has flourished in two seasons in his career and both seasons his offense was RPO based. Hue ran some of this in Cinci with Dalton, but I'm hard-pressed to recall much the past two seasons. And I can't recall any with Haley... not involving a QB-RB mesh point at any rate.

Foles has never looked good outside of an Eagles jersey. He could 100% be fool's gold. 

That said, Foles and Rosen or Darnold with Kizer doesn't hurt my feelings. I would just never have Foles as "the guy".

59 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Seems crazy, but it is the case...

Foles signed a five-year contract with the Eagles, but it had one major caveat. If he is on the Eagles' roster come February 2019, the final three years of the deal will automatically be voided and he'll become a free agent. Voiding contracts aren't entirely uncommon; this one almost guarantees that Foles will be traded by February 2019.

Ironically, Wentz's injury is enormously beneficial for the Eagles in this respect. Foles has dramatically increased his stock in the past five games, and after shredding the Vikings' defense the way he did it's only going up. He's now a much more valued trade prospect, and a team getting 3-4 years out of Foles at this level would be well worth a deal. Of course, Foles would need to stay at this level.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nick-foles-contract-would-make-him-a-free-agent-if-hes-on-the-eagles-in-february-2019/

Very interesting.   Though...what kind of power could he exert to be able to approve any trade...or to up his salary in a trade?  None?   Other than the right to hold out I guess.

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

and Foles' will never be higher.

than the 2nd or 3rd round pick Philly does not have in 2018 draft...ya going to draft in Dallas? I left Jimmy G in the Philly draft & we see how well that worked out..

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I think the same, he doesn't look like a fit for Hue's system of deep throws and no running game. And I don't know how expensive he will be. I'll stand on a 3rd round pick offer at most for a QB bridge.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

I think the same, he doesn't look like a fit for Hue's system of deep throws and no running game. And I don't know how expensive he will be. I'll stand on a 3rd round pick offer at most for a QB bridge.

I listened to a former NFL coach of Foles and he said he has better command of the deep ball than just about any NFL QB.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I listened to a former NFL coach of Foles and he said he has better command of the deep ball than just about any NFL QB.

It's a gift! It showed some in SB LII, and in going to Disney World instead of Brady......it's a gift I tell ya'.

The market just blew up.  27 million a year extension for Jimmy G.  

Cousins and foles just had their prayers answered.

i really dont want to overpay... but we may have to.

5 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

The market just blew up.  27 million a year extension for Jimmy G.  

Cousins and foles just had their prayers answered.

i really dont want to overpay... but we may have to.

Yep.  Well...that is one FA QB off the market...who never really was on it:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915489/article/jimmy-garoppolo-49ers-agree-on-record-5year-deal

Blueprint for Cousins?   Except he will claim he had been like a 4 year starter....where JG has started all of like 4 games.  (maybe a few more now). So he will say he wants more.

But...If I were a team...I would say that that IS the blueprint on his yearly value.

Archived