THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

27 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

My gf’s dad was a Navy cook in ‘nam. Apparently Agent Orange was used as an everyday pesticide. 

My buddy’s late dad was infantry. Drafted, but l only recently learned he was drafted after graduating college, which meant he was made an officer. 

He didn’t really talk about it much when l knew him.

Here’s a good Vietnamese noodle recipe.

https://www.recipetineats.com/vietnamese-chicken-noodle-bowl/

You know you're in the presence of a real soldier when they are silent on their experiences... I have called out loudmouths in bars bragging about killings they have made and I know right off the bat they are a lying sack of shit...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

You know you're in the presence of a real soldier when they are silent on their experiences... I have called out loudmouths in bars bragging about killings they have made and I know right off the bat they are a lying sack of shit...

Maybe in some cases. I’ve known a fair amount of Vietnam vets. My mom dated bikers in the 80s. 

Some would talk about it, usually not favorably.  I spent a lot of time at biker bars as a pre-teen.

5 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Here’s a good Vietnamese noodle recipe.

https://www.recipetineats.com/vietnamese-chicken-noodle-bowl/

I will admit I sometimes put nuoc mam (anchovy fish sauce) on my rice. This one is made right where I sometimes stayed, Phan Thiet in Binh Thuan province in southernmost II Corps along the coast. I got used to using it on everything as I was an advisor to a Vietnamese Company commander and ate everything they ate, including dog. BTW DieHard is also a Vietnam Vet. One of the good guys here.