THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

On 6/22/2024 at 2:09 PM, Neo said:

20221105_200025.thumb.jpg.01356986c2959a9484f521038a12b94a.jpg20221008_191618.thumb.jpg.fa6232de6f7bc78673eeda69622ebe65.jpg20221008_191455.thumb.jpg.02d2a4cc9088e30101502e2219827273.jpg

Looks AWESOME Neo!  The dough looks nice and thick. I usually request places to darken the crust, which also crisps up the pepperoni.  Well done = well fed.  I miss the pizza and subs from my hometown in Western, NY.  Many of my Italian buddies are very loyal Browns' fans that know how to make great pizza and subs. In Nashville and Florida - they don't get it at all.  They'd give you a sub on a hot dog roll (or something very equivalent) totally not comprehending how important the bread is to the flavor of the whole sandwich.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Looks AWESOME Neo!  The dough looks nice and thick. I usually request places to darken the crust, which also crisps up the pepperoni.  Well done = well fed.  I miss the pizza and subs from my hometown in Western, NY.  Many of my Italian buddies are very loyal Browns' fans that know how to make great pizza and subs. In Nashville and Florida - they don't get it at all.  They'd give you a sub on a hot dog roll (or something very equivalent) totally not comprehending how important the bread is to the flavor of the whole sandwich.  

The secret to getting nice flavor for the crust is to brown it as much as possible but you have to have hydration in the dough or it won't be moist on the inside.  I cook mostly pan pizzas but I also have stone for my oven. I use a 65% hydration for the pan pizzas and an 80% hydration for the stone because the oven is hotter and has to cook longer. The longer the cooking time and hotter the oven, the more water you need.

• Thanks 2

On 7/13/2024 at 4:55 PM, Ibleedbrown said:

I love this thread.

My favorite kind of reply .... without a doubt.    :)    mjp.

• Upvote 1

~  AND  ~  A  very good  MONDAY  EVENING  to all of my  friends  here.   :)   Thanks,   mjp.

......  edit add # 1 ....  have a good   》WEDNESDAY evening 《  too.  ♥︎  JULY 24, 2024 ! ......

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hey  JOHN SANBORN  I have an email coming to you.   mjp

....  I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon.

... edit add # 1  ...  later tonight if they ever get this game started.

Edited by mjp28

I’ve been in a cooking funk for most of the summer but trying to break out of it. Yesterday I broke out an old favorite from the Father Yod cookbook, one of my faves. 

A simple but fantastic pasta dish with fresh herbs (l typically use dill), minced garlic, toasted cashews, olive oil, parmesan and feta. Blast it with some black pepper and lemon juice afterwards. Delish!

IMG_1717.jpeg

IMG_1716.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My gf caught a touch of the covid this week and it knocked her down pretty good so it was time for the ol’ chicken ginger soup recipe.

https://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/ginger-chicken-soup/

It’s basically chicken noodle soup with gobs of fresh garlic and ginger. It calls for 4 ounces of ginger which is a lotta freaking ginger.  

• Like 1

Made rajma masala tonight, kidney bean curry. You can pretty much use any beans for it though. I used Tiger’s Eye beans for this batch.

I love this recipe except that it’s so damn time consuming. It’s a lotta slow and low simmering involved. I add some Lebanese 7 spice to the mix as well as something to give it a kick, some Aji Limon chili powder for this batch. 

https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/rajma-masala-recipe-restaurant-style/#wprm-recipe-container-139551

IMG_1713.jpeg

IMG_1764.jpeg

IMG_1765.jpeg

IMG_1766.jpeg

IMG_1767.jpeg

IMG_1768.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2017 at 1:08 PM, miktoxic said:

american version of brat blows. food truck in germany with brat on hard kaiser roll with mustard and order of pomme frits with mayo on the side. wurtzburg hofbrau to wash it down with while walking over bridge listening to open air concert.

but u nigels wouldn't know cuz....

You just never had a Brat or an Italian prepared properly. One key is boiling them in beer before you put 'em on the grill.

GRILLED-ITALIAN-SAUSAGE-PEPPERS-FINALS-82.thumb.jpg.c62dd96053a91089541cbbb14ef352bb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Now waitaminute. What kinda beer? And for how long?

Simmer the brats in beer for 10 to 12 minutes, then throw 'em on the grill for 5 to 8 minutes. You can cut up an onion and throw that in the beer while bringing the beer to a boil if you want. Turn heat down to simmer then add the brats. Cheapest beer you can find. You save the quality beer for when you sit down to eat those bad boys.

• Upvote 2

On 8/22/2024 at 7:43 PM, Ibleedbrown said:

Hulk Hogan is a fan of Skyline Chili. That is all. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C--8ZrhScvf/?igsh=Y3FsNGNudmpldTE2

I was never really a fan of the  Hulk  -or-  "fake" wrashlin'  or stuff like that. ...  but that's just me.

~  SO  ~  Does anyone have any special   -NFL  WEEK 1-   ● GAMEDAY ●  meals,  parties,  plans coming up ?

What about the   BROWNS'  9/8   4:25 pm   GAME # 1 ?     I'm also sure we will have a   THURSDAY  9/5   or  FRIDAY  9/6  grilling something  going on.    🏈   And some college games on.     AND  of  course   ▪︎-->

- GO BROWNS ! -

240_F_529456518_lidXRruTRq5FGST93qccd3yGYqOZDiz3.jpg

~  TODAY  ~   I  sent out  several   recipes  to my friends,  neighbors  and relatives  including this one   especially   for   YOU.    A really delicious potato dish,   mmm-mmmm.    ENJOY !

9/1/2024  4:29 pm  from   mjp.    ...  Lyonnaise Potatoes

SERVES 4     PREP10 Min.   COOK TIME.  35 Min

These french style potatoes are a favorite of famous foodies like Julia Childs, but they're actually pretty easy. Don't let the fancy name fool you! Lyonnaise Potatoes are so easy, yet so elegant. What a perfect holiday side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any entertaining in between.

Best part, they cook up in a skillet, leaving you plenty of oven space when you need it most. You can see why it's one of our favorite lyonnaise potato recipes! No matter what easy dinner idea you're cookin' up, as long as you have a side dish helping of Lyonnaise Potatoes, you know you're in good shape.

●  What You'll Need

• 6 Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 onion, coarsely chopped

●  What to Do

1. Fill a medium saucepan three-quarters full with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain and set aside to cool slightly
  2. Cut potatoes into 1/8-inch slices and place in a medium bowl; gently stir in salt and pepper then set aside.
  3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute onions until browned. Add onions to potatoes; mix well.
  4. Spread mixture evenly in skillet and cook 12 to 14 minutes over medium heat, until potatoes are browned, turning halfway through cooking. Serve immediately.

●  Notes

▪︎-->   Read Next.    Classic Potato Frittata

Lyonnaise-Potatoes_Large600_ID-1148550.jpg

• Upvote 1

Chicken Legs 

Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika to taste

Set the oven/pellet grill to 300°, if using charcoal or lump hardwood, get the coals lit and push to one side.

Cook to desired doneness. I like it crispy like wings. So after an hour and a half, I pulled the legs, scattered the coals and put the legs back on. They can be glazed, sauced or left dry seasoned.

These legs were $1.59/lb, versus wings which were $4.09/lb.

20240831_174226.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AP1 said:

■  Chicken Legs   Same with  chicken  -or- turkey thighs,   ■  These legs were $1.59/lb, versus wings which were $4.09/lb.  ■    Wings can be  "over priced for what you get.  ■

Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika to taste

Set the oven/pellet grill to 300°, if using charcoal or lump hardwood, get the coals lit and push to one side.

Cook to desired doneness. I like it crispy like wings. So after an hour and a half, I pulled the legs, scattered the coals and put the legs back on. They can be glazed, sauced or left dry seasoned.

■  These legs were $1.59/lb, versus wings which were $4.09/lb.  ■

20240831_174226.jpg

How true !    Look around the poultry case. ....  -or-     "ask your butcher"

.....  edit add. ....  My wife liked your grilling layout.   Similair to ours.

" Happy grilling weekend "  prior to  ....NFL WEEK 1 . 

....   9/2/2024  ....     ● And        Cleveland GUARDIANS  -at-  KC  4:10 pm.

Edited by mjp28
  • Upvote 1

~   Our   ~   two  Garden Salads  today.   Mine with  Wishbone Creamy  Italian. .... good !    Cheeseburgers on  the grille.

20240902_164102.jpg

• Like 1

~  THE  ~  end of the   ▪︎ SUMMER 2024  ▪︎.  deck. ....   getting ready for.   ▪︎  FOOTBALL FALL 2024. ▪︎  again.

20240902_171112-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

~   Our   ~   two  Garden Salads  today.   Mine with  Wishbone Creamy  Italian. .... good !    Cheeseburgers on  the grille.

20240902_164102.jpg

Was down in Columbus the last couple of days, so a lot of naughty foods were consumed.

Made a couple nice salads with grilled chicken, bacon bits, peach slices, cranberries, chopped candied Pecans and feta cheese with poppyseed dressing. Pretty tasty!

• Thanks 1

~  This   ~  is what my wife just took out of the    OVEN    for our  dinner tonight. ....   :D    ummm-mmmm.

I    really    like  (love)  the   ♥︎   sweet  red bell peppers  more than the  green bell peppers  everytime.

20240904_180144-1.jpg

• Like 1

●  More getting our    NJ's  2024 SUMMER DECK     ready for   MJ '24 FOOTBALL FALL  again.

●  A few different shots,  from the upstairs master bath.    On the deck in the morning looking East.                    

●  On the deck looking up at the  ceiling lines.  (  Click on the individual pics to enlarge. )

20240818_122348-1.jpg

20240720_114024.jpg

20240720_114013.jpg

20240720_113752.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

~  AND   ~  looking straight  East  over the   ▪︎ 11'  x  14' ▪︎   brick   ▪︎ PATIO   is our    ▪︎ 3  burner  GRILL    which we use    A LOT !     And  for our quick   meals  and other things  we have our small  dining table & chairs which are  always  out there.    Our  HERB GARDEN   (which we have most pulled up for the fall)  runs behind the house.

You can also see the  Bay Window  off of the  Dining Room  in one picture.

~  ALSO   ~  the  TV  and  Stereo Radio  all-weather  wooden cabinet for  COLLEGE  and  PRO      🏈     FOOTBALL  and  MLB         BASEBALL  plus the  RADIO  only. games.    And  CABLE TV  and  CABLE Music,  movies  and full  CABLE   channels  ... we can get it    ALL   OUTSIDE .

That pretty much wraps up     :)      the backyard pictures  with our   grills  and  gardens.     Thanks everyone,    mjp.

20240905_150907.jpg

20240720_114009.jpg

• Like 1