THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

What  a bunch of whiny homos.

While The Great Zomboni and his Marvelous Milf have been traveling all over the country the past month, all I have seen on here is a bunch of collicky children that want to cry and stomp their feet because the Browns are bad.

Let's review: The owner had a team that had won 3 of its last 21 games, hadn't made the playoffs in 15 years, had had only one winning season over that time and said ... ENOUGH! No more quick fixes, no more lipstick on the pig, no more bandaids on the gushing wounds ... we are starting over and doing it right.

So he promotes the brightest guy in the building hires some of the most cutting edge minds in sports tells them to build a team from scratch and do it right.

So these guys hire one of the most respected offensive coaches in the game, a guy who had unprecedented success right in our own division. And year two, he finally gets the defensive guy that wants, a man that has taken two different formerly downtrodden defense to Super Bowls.

Then they trade every veteran who is not going to be part of the solution for valuable draft picks.

So, in year two, we have accumulated a lot of young guys that have been on the roster for just over a year and a lot of guys who have participated four regular season games. The highest of those picks has not played a down yet ... he was the consensus #1 pick and his injury has nothing to do with no one in the organization. Since this team has never had shit at Quarterback, they decided not to trot out another has been veteran who on't be here in two years, but to develop a 21 year old second round pick who has all the tools to succeed and the thick skin and maturity to handle what comes his way until the winning starts.

We've got the youngest roster in the NFL, we have the biggest war chest of future draft picks in the NFL ... And you bitches are whining because we are 0-4. Can't trust the process. Can't buy into the young players. Think Hugh Jackson suddenly got dumb. Think Gregg Fucking Wiliams is over his head. Think all of these players are going to be busts just because other guys drafted by other people in the same building years ago were busts.

Well, I got good news and bad news for you whiny ass brats: The good news is ...we're going to win today. We finally have the defense on the field that we envisioned, they are good enough, in year two, to beat down the fucking Jets. The bad news ... we're going to lose the majority of our games, miss the playoffs and draft high again here in Year Two of the plan. Can you just fucking deal with it? Or do you miss the quick fixes? You miss Shurmer, Petine, Holmgren and Lombardi? Was going 4-12 or 5-11 every single year with veterans and being the bathmat for the division more fun for you? No? Then shut the fuck up and enjoy these young guys develop into a team, because it's going to happen and you're going to miss it because you are too concerned with having the redass and telling us all the things that these guys are doing wrong and the brilliant things you would have done differently because you're real good at Madden and shit.

Oh, and enjoy the Indians, Cavs and Buckeyes in the meantime ... all they do is win. Now that they finally did things right. We are doing the NFL version of ... doing things right.

Buffalo at Cincinnati 1:00 PM

The Bills are not a .750 team, the Bungles are not a .250 team ... these things have a way of correcting themselves. BUNGLES 26 BILLS 22

New York Jets at Cleveland 1:00 PM

Myles Garrett makes his first start and Jamie Collins and Danny Shelton are back. This is not good news for the immobile one, Josh McCown. Expect a bloodbath. BROWNS 22 JETS 7

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM

Talented Jags are not getting enough love from Vegas. Steelers are quite bitchy this year when they aren't hiding in tunnels, aren't they? Jags in a barn burner. JAGS 36 STEELERS 33

Baltimore at Oakland 4:45 PM

I had to look up who the Riders backup QB was. It's not good. But they can still win a sloppy game at home. RAIDERS 18 RAVENS 16

TGZ

I Believe.. any of these 4 guys were a better call before Grigson...That's when my FO boiling Pot Blew.My eyes see 4-5 Colt players since hiring   

Feels like Sunday... and good to see the full Zombo... again at least in volume (I don't read his predictions until I complete mine... so will comment on comment later). Been a while Z... good sign that you have the time. Next week pics of your assistant(s)?

image.png.9070548638c74dba116b3b9e58679f9e.png

Time to go to work on that spread deficit... a nice 4-0 would square things up nicely.

BUF @ CIN (-2.5)

Tough one to do honestly due to the buttkicking we took last week from a team that is simply not better than us, but it is what it is.

The Bills have a tough D (league-leading low 13.5 ppg allowed), a run game... two things we did not show a week ago. They also have poor WRs.. so we have that in common. But they also have a fine TE and a QB. A QB who doesn't know he is supposed to be average at best and knows how to find his TE. And one other thing... a QB that can run all day long.

Cinci will be buoyed by getting off the snide, but they will still take the field minus key players. And while their D ain't nothing, their ppg prior to our 7 point outing was 20.1... not bad, but not 13.5. The biggest D-side deficit the Bagels face, however, comes in the turnover stat. BUF has posted 7, and that's with only 1 of 4 fumbles recovered, while CIN has 3... all INT's.

Prediction: BUF 20 CIN 13

JAX @ PTG (-10.0)

Bortles... the end is near. Look for PTG to gang up on Foursette and turn him into TwoPointSeven-sette... about what he'll average today as a sub-par Steeler run D focuses its attention on the rookie saying, "Beat us if you can, Blake." He can't.

JAX features the leagues worst run D yielding 165.5 ypg.... let me repeat that... 165.5 ypg. So Bell gets his yards. Think that's bad news? It gets worse. Coming off a week of words between Super-Antonio and Big Ben (ending with kisses), Ben is going to be sure his guy feels his love. Look for the first explosion of 2017 by the Steeler triplets.

Prediction: PTG 41 JAX 10

BLT @ OAK (-2.5)

BLT is who I thought they is... was... am... are... (shall will should could... be being been... etc.). And then there's the trip to the West Coast... something I always consider in making Pacific Time zone picks. No run game... limited passing attack with a struggling Flacco... but...

E.J. which rhymes with Oy vey... Were Carr starting, and all signs are pointing to he is not (not this week/see ya next week). We've seen enough of EJ to know he can do very good things, right before he does very stupid things. Of no help will be the leagues most disappointing OL... OAK's OL. Best tonic a Raven's D that has struggled to stop the run will find on short notice.

Offensively neither team will be confused with the juggernauts of the league... but at least the Ravens can run some. They average half again what the anemic Raider ground attack has posted. How? I've no idea... especially with Yanda lost for the season... but they are.

All adds up to the AFCN's ugliest Game of the Week... I'll be watching the tribe's sweep.

Prediction: BLT 17 OAK 10

NYJ @ CLE (even)

Spotting NYJ a single point only lasted until Tuesday... then the NYC money musta hit. I'll end the suspense early... I am picking us to win!

NYJ's vaunted D cannot stop the run. Allowing 144 ypg they rank 28th in the league. This is our power breakout game as Crow pops thru hole after hole opened by an OL that's got its ears pinned back for this one. And while their VD has held TEs pretty well in check (clocking in around the middle of the pack in Fantasy points allowed), they are near the bottom in defending passes to WRs.

Offensively the J-E-T-S run the ball fairly well, but run D has been the strength of our D. We know what happens to McC when he's in a one-dimensional O... and we have Myles' debut looking to swat one.... or more... of McC's lo-o-o-o-o-n-n-n-ng reach-backs to throw. One strip sack minimum for MG today and at least one pick... feels like McCourty is due.

Our key? Our rookie QB has to protect the ball... trite, but true. He also has to:

• get under Center with Crow in the I or single-back... c'mon Hue... getting tired of doing your thinking for you.
  • run early out of the gun off read-option... create that hesitation by the backside edge responsibility.

Easy peasy? Not the way this season has gone... but, "There's a gleam, men, there's a gleam... go get the gleam."

Prediction: CLE 27 NYJ 17

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Feels like Sunday... and good to be the full Zombo again at least in volume (I don't read his predictions until I complete mine... so will comment on comment later).

First, classic, rational rant in true TGZ fashion.

Second, agree on the Browns pick.

Third, disagree on every other pick, but only surprised that you took the Bagels.

GO Browns...

GO Tribe... get out your broom!

Please take your rant about the Browns rebuild and sticky it to the top of the board, Zombo. Also please start posting more. You're killing us with this mere once-a-week check in! We are in serious need of someone doing apologetics (and I'm not using that term in a negative way) for what this organization is doing or the bums who yearn for Pettine and the like will take over. 

Also, while I'm making demands. Please ban Ghoolie.

Love,

wargograw

Week 5 results... pretty weak...

• BUF @ CIN (-2.5)
  • Prediction: BUF 20 CIN 13
  • FINAL: CIN 20 BUF 16 - L/L
  • Hard to look at the boxscore and not see a BUF win. BUF, we feel your pain.

• JAX @ PTG (-10.0)
  • Prediction: PTG 41 JAX 10
  • FINAL: JAX 30 PTG 9 - L/L
  • One question... Is Ben's heart still in this game?

• BLT @ OAK (-2.5)
  • Prediction: BLT 17 OAK 10
  • FINAL: BLT 30 OAK 17 - W/W
  • Flacco out-Dilfer'd EJ...

• NYJ @ CLE (even)
  • Prediction: CLE 27 NYJ 17
  • FINAL: NYJ 17 CLE 14 - L/L
  • It was there for the taking...

image.png.751c638bba9124e41103c9a143c36d2c.png

On 10/8/2017 at 7:52 AM, Zombo said:

Let's review: The owner had a team that had won 3 of its last 21 games, hadn't made the playoffs in 15 years, had had only one winning season over that time and said ... ENOUGH! No more quick fixes, no more lipstick on the pig, no more bandaids on the gushing wounds ... we are starting over and doing it right.

So he promotes the brightest guy in the building hires some of the most cutting edge minds in sports tells them to build a team from scratch and do it right.

So these guys hire one of the most respected offensive coaches in the game, a guy who had unprecedented success right in our own division. And year two, he finally gets the defensive guy that wants, a man that has taken two different formerly downtrodden defense to Super Bowls.

Then they trade every veteran who is not going to be part of the solution for valuable draft picks.

So, in year two, we have accumulated a lot of young guys that have been on the roster for just over a year and a lot of guys who have participated four regular season games. The highest of those picks has not played a down yet ... he was the consensus #1 pick and his injury has nothing to do with no one in the organization. Since this team has never had Sheet at Quarterback, they decided not to trot out another has been veteran who on't be here in two years, but to develop a 21 year old second round pick who has all the tools to succeed and the thick skin and maturity to handle what comes his way until the winning starts.

We've got the youngest roster in the NFL, we have the biggest war chest of future draft picks in the NFL ... And you bitches are whining because we are 0-4. Can't trust the process. Can't buy into the young players. Think Hugh Jackson suddenly got dumb. Think Gregg Shmucking Wiliams is over his head. Think all of these players are going to be busts just because other guys drafted by other people in the same building years ago were busts.

Well, I got good news and bad news for you whiny butt brats: The good news is ...we're going to win today. We finally have the defense on the field that we envisioned, they are good enough, in year two, to beat down the Shmucking Jets. The bad news ... we're going to lose the majority of our games, miss the playoffs and draft high again here in Year Two of the plan. Can you just Shmucking deal with it? Or do you miss the quick fixes? You miss Shurmer, Petine, Holmgren and Lombardi? Was going 4-12 or 5-11 every single year with veterans and being the bathmat for the division more fun for you? No? Then shut the Shmuck up and enjoy these young guys develop into a team, because it's going to happen and you're going to miss it because you are too concerned with having the redass and telling us all the things that these guys are doing wrong and the brilliant things you would have done differently because you're real good at Madden and Sheet.

Oh, and enjoy the Indians, Cavs and Buckeyes in the meantime ... all they do is win. Now that they finally did things right. We are doing the NFL version of ... doing things right.

Read this again you idiots.

Archived