THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Ah... always feels like Game Day once Z posts his thread. Relieved of the pressure of standing in for him, I am ready to kick butt this week in our 2nd double-double of the season.

Zoey, hand me my clipboard...

image.png.dd6b023038f6374cfb20b3b604ef6769.png

PTG @ BLT (+2.5)

Saw an interview with Ben this week. He's put the loss to the Bears all on his shoulders. He's done that before, and true or not, he typically has responded with a big effort. I look for him to bust out this week. But his 'mates know the truth... it wasn't all Ben. M. Bryant had drops. Look for him to get a deep shot early. And most importantly Bell has yet to be Bell this season. With three "preseason" games under his belt look for him to be him... finally.

As if Baltimore did not have enough issues with injuries... Yanda IR and both Williams, the NT and the TE, out... they had to fly home from London to a game. (Just should not be...)

This feels like an unearned opportunity that PTG is going to cash... biggly...

Prediction: PTG 41 BLT 16

CIN @ CLE (+3)

Know what? We got this... How? The trenches...

I know Geno is Geno and Burfect is back... at least temporarily... but the other 5 in their front 7 don't strike the same level of fear. Offensively Cinci woke up some last week and our front seven minus Danny and Collins becomes far more ordinary, but their OL is simply pedestrian. I think we get pressues. Stop the run? Be lying if I said it wasn't a concern, but I'm hooked on a feelin'... might even say I am high on believin'. Oh... and AJ? Meet Mr. McCourty.... Imagine he and you... I do... I've thought about it day and night... feels only right. Have a nice day spending it together... being Happy Together.

Offensively I see a better day for Crow... not great, just better. But Duke featured in a dialed-down passing attack with one iso'd-on-the-LB wheel-route TD in the mix plus a lot of TE. Dayes? I'm hoping... I more or less covered the Defensive above. Minus stalwarts we are going to have to rely upon scheme.

Then there's the intangibles... We have a history of upsetting the Bengals. I think this team wants to join that history.... and I think they want to do it for Hue. Want to take a little pressure off of their HC.

Take the Browns and the points in an ugly little game.

CLE 20 CIN 13

Better record this week... but felt a lot tougher...

PTG @ BLT (+2.5)

Prediction: PTG 41 BLT 16

FINAL: PTG 26 BLT 9 - WW/WW... got the ratio in the ballpark...

CIN @ CLE (+3)

CLE 20 CIN 13

FINAL: CIN 31 CLE 7 - LL/LL... got nothing... not a goddamn thing...

image.png.115a210891062c1d3bab0e4a528bfadb.png

I expected the outcome of Pgh vs. Balt to be about what it was. Pgh lost to the Bears last week due to a combination of ADD and bad luck. There were a lot of fumbles in that game and I think all went the Bears way. But Tomlin’s teams have a bad record when favored highly on the road. They forgot how to run and catch temporarily, they do that a couple of times a year and that game was one of those. They bounced back against Balt.

Bengals vs Browns....ugh, Browns ship is slowly sinking, if it ever indeed was floating in the first place. This is efn sad. All those draft picks and nothing like a franchise QB to show for it. Once again, ugh. Not much else to say. Hope Hue did not sign a long term lease, wherever he lives. Surely they will get their franchise QB at some point, but for the third time, ugh. And did I mention, ugh......

16 hours ago, Buck The Frowns said:

This is efn sad

So is having to type "efn" to convey "fuckin' ".

Never thought I'd see the day around here.

EDIT: Has the curse autocorrect been rescinded? That's Shmucking great!

EDIT2: Nope... just hasn't been taught "fuckin' "...

53 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yesterday I typed finger Butkus. Who'da thunk it looked like this?:D

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Great moves by Stan. Kudos.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I just didn’t want to be rude and vulgar. BTW, eff off ya impoverished maternal fornicator with anal personality disorder.

2 hours ago, Buck The Frowns said:

I just didn’t want to be rude and vulgar. BTW, eff off ya impoverished maternal fornicator with anal personality disorder.

Mom?

Archived