THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas, Garrett, Gruden, Hue

Ghoolie

21 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

• The Browns have no offensive threats, They will falter and the defense will get worn down and demoralized as the season progresses. Greg Williams is no better than Horton. The defense remains undisciplined and mistake prone. Agression will only gmake the defense worse. Like an Indian on Booze.
  •  
  •  Offense is the msot important unit in football. Always has been, always will be.
  •  

Just watch and learn.

All I see......is that we just won 3 straight games due to defense.....

When the other team cant score, it doesnt take a lot of points to win. And, right now, our Offense looks terrible....YET....has out scored the other team every game....why?......defense....

Paint it however you want(and you will)....but the facts show(and have shown for decades) that great defenses beat great offenses almost every time.....

4 hours ago, Mudfly said:

All I see......is that we just won 3 straight games due to defense.....

When the other team cant score, it doesnt take a lot of points to win. And, right now, our Offense looks terrible....YET....has out scored the other team every game....why?......defense....

Paint it however you want(and you will)....but the facts show(and have shown for decades) that great defenses beat great offenses almost every time.....

Horseshit. Name me great SB winners who don't have a HOF caliber QB. For every 1 you scratch to find I will give you 10 who do. Stupid discussion. YOu have nothing but goofy folklore and euphemisms to stand on.

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

In other words, Flugel was right that Ghoolie was wrong about Paxton Lynch.  Welcome to the next episode of Ghoolie's sour grapes turning into whine.

Paxton Lynch remains to be analyzed. If he busts, it will be one of the few times I have been wrong. I will admit it, but have no shame in having a "homer" in my wish list.

The Browns have problems. that is the bigger issue. Reality begins with the best team in the history of the NFL, The Pittsburgh Steelers (Superbowls are the only test of team greatness). The bullshit stops opening day. We will see how all this imaginary progress pans out.

20 hours ago, Flugel said:

Too funny!  He sure made it a point to tell all the people that watched the 1st preseason game that he did not watch - how passive the defense looked to him.

Also watched the fight rather than Browns-Bucs Saturday nite... and seems like he also missed Browns-NYG.

That would be O-fer three...

17 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Horseshit. Name me great SB winners who don't have a HOF caliber QB. For every 1 you scratch to find I will give you 10 who do. Stupid discussion. YOu have nothing but goofy folklore and euphemisms to stand on.

No one denies this fact.  On the other hand, about 49 out of 50 past SB winners had great defenses.  So, yes, a great QB and a great defense go hand in hand in winning a championship.   Who would argue otherwise.

The trick is getting both (plus other elements).  And if you don't have one, you still have to work on getting the other elements until you can get the one.

17 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Paxton Lynch remains to be analyzed. If he busts, it will be one of the few times I have been wrong. I will admit it, but have no shame in having a "homer" in my wish list.

The Browns have problems. that is the bigger issue. Reality begins with the best team in the history of the NFL, The Pittsburgh Steelers (Superbowls are the only test of team greatness). The bullshit stops opening day. We will see how all this imaginary progress pans out.

The best team in the history of the NFL may in fact be the 1950s Cleveland Browns....or the 1960s Packers, or the 1940s Bears, or the 1980s 49ers. It is highly arguable.

See my thread on the Team of the Decade.  I did a best of each decade.   And while the 1970s Steelers did win the 70s team of the decade, it was only by a two point margin....the closest in history.  If any one of those two close Super Bowl wins over the Cowboys had gone the other way....it would have been the Cowboys and not the Steelers that would have been the best Team of the 1970s.   So, only by the width of a cunt hair did the Steelers even get to be the team of that decade....let alone all time.

45 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Let's immediately define the "Ghoolie" as a standard of measurement equal to one cunt hair.

So it is written, so it shall be.

Edit to match Ten Commandment quote: So let it be written, so let it be done.      Thanks Ramses

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

The best team in the history of the NFL may in fact be the 1950s Cleveland Browns....or the 1960s Packers, or the 1940s Bears, or the 1980s 49ers. It is highly arguable.

See my thread on the Team of the Decade.  I did a best of each decade.   And while the 1970s Steelers did win the 70s team of the decade, it was only by a two point margin....the closest in history.  If any one of those two close Super Bowl wins over the Cowboys had gone the other way....it would have been the Cowboys and not the Steelers that would have been the best Team of the 1970s.   So, only by the width of a cunt hair did the Steelers even get to be the team of that decade....let alone all time.

And if the Browns...................... blah blah blah.  4 Superbowls in 6 years. More Superbowls than any other team. Greatest franchise in football.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

No one denies this fact.  On the other hand, about 49 out of 50 past SB winners had great defenses.  So, yes, a great QB and a great defense go hand in hand in winning a championship.   Who would argue otherwise.

The trick is getting both (plus other elements).  And if you don't have one, you still have to work on getting the other elements until you can get the one.

A great QB makes the defense great. Less time on the field, the ability to blitz and take more risks, enthusiasm, emotion. Without a stellar QB there is no great football team. An occasional Ravens w Dilfer? Sure, but it is the exception, not the norm. Without a QB who can move the sticks, any defense will tire, get injured and demoralized.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Let's immediately define the "Ghoolie" as a standard of measurement equal to one cunt hair.

I like cunt, otherwise I wouldn't hang around this place. Do you know the difference between pussy and cunt? A purry is what you fuck, a cunt is what it is attached to. But, speaking of cunt hair, often that is the difference between greatness and being the goat. Ernest "cunt-hair" Byner was proof of that. And how about Garrett? Always just a cunt hair away from hitting someone.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

And if the Browns...................... blah blah blah.  4 Superbowls in 6 years. More Superbowls than any other team. Greatest franchise in football.

Browns 40s/50s dynasty was better, really.  10 straight Championship game appearances.  11 in 12 years.  7 championships, 5 in a row.

Packers of the 60s likely better as well:...5 titles in 7 years. 

1940s Bears:   4 championships in 7 years, plus one title game loss in that time ...so  5 title game appearances in 7 years. 

49ers won 4 in one decade...the 80s, as well. 

Greatest Franchise is likely without doubt the Green Bay Packers.  13 total titles.  (Cleveland/NEOhio...not just Browns has also 13 titles).

Call when the Steelers catch up halfway to those numbers.

Patriots dynasty arguably better.   5 titles, 7 championship game appearances since 2001.

A great QB makes the defense great. Less time on the field, the ability to blitz and take more risks, enthusiasm, emotion. Without a stellar QB there is no great football team. An occasional Ravens w Dilfer? Sure, but it is the exception, not the norm. Without a QB who can move the sticks, any defense will tire, get injured and demoralized.

Arguably right.  On the other hand, a great defense and a great running game may make a great QB.  That was the case with the Dolphins with Griese. The Cowboys with Staubach, the Packers with Starr. 

You are more right in this day and age what with the rules on passing being more open.  Teams are more QB dependent.

Other "occasionals":  Tampa with Brad Johnson,  2005 Steelers with a green BR. (that year, they won in spite of him, not because of him. Later, yes...like 2008 and beyond...he was a much bigger factor). 

I like cunt, otherwise I wouldn't hang around this place. Do you know the difference between pussy and cunt? A purry is what you fuck, a cunt is what it is attached to. But, speaking of cunt hair, often that is the difference between greatness and being the goat. Ernest "cunt-hair" Byner was proof of that. And how about Garrett? Always just a cunt hair away from hitting someone.

Yep, and the Steelers were a cunt hair away from losing those 2 SB to the Cowboys.  Like I said, of all teams that can be declared the Team of their Decade, they are the one with the smallest margin from their closest competitor. 

Archived