THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Divisional shake up- changes needed

BrownsfaninPa

But you don't see those teams claiming titles won by other teams in their area, do you?

Or do the Jets get a ring every time the Giants win?

You are confusing a "team title" with a "city/region" title. No, the Giants don't claim the Jets titles, nor vice versa....but New York claims them both.

I mean, would you be one of those that says something like "Baltimore cannot claim that its team won titles when it was the Colts that won that title back in the day....those now belong to Indianapolis". Absurd beyond belief.

FYI, it is the "Cleveland" and not "the Browns" that make that franchise a public trust of this entire area.

I mean....you are, or were from South Carolina...or was it the Outer Banks. And we have a team called the "Carolina Panthers". It claims all of two states apparently as its "home" base.

The Cleveland Browns claim all of Northeast Ohio as its home market area. Don't believe me, call and ask them.

And the fact that franchises may have come and gone (moved or gone defunct) makes it no less so. Teams from this area are all part of this area's history. Browns, Bulldogs, Pros, Rams. It don't matter. They are or were all Northeast Ohio teams.

I mean, do you think that when the Cavs played in Richfield that they were any less "Greater Cleveland's" team. No.

I don't know. From what I gather, you have never lived here. Maybe you have loyalty to just the one team that you decided to become a fan of. But that is NOT the feeling of the natives around here.

I mean, I live closer to both Akron and Canton than Cleveland. Does that mean, by your reckoning that I can't be a fan of Cleveland teams...because, after all, I am not from Cleveland?

No, again, maybe it it your non-residency that gives you such a narrow point of view.

But...that ain't "Us".

Archived