THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Mahomo

DKAllDay

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough on the defense bit. But make no mistake they were a top 5 team with an impressive 10 game winning streak.

IMO opinion Mahomes not only has the best arm in the draft he also is the most elusive in the pocket. Honestly I'll take any of them but Trubisky. I foresee a the bust label all over that dude

Fair enough on the defense bit. But make no mistake they were a top 5 team with an impressive 10 game winning streak.

IMO opinion Mahomes not only has the best arm in the draft he also is the most elusive in the pocket. Honestly I'll take any of them but Trubisky. I foresee a the bust label all over that dude

Well...you have Brandon Weeden as your avatar. How much credibility can you have at judging QB talent?

Actually what see in Kizer is basically the new Brandon Weeden. All arm, no touch...not much between the ears.

You highlight two of the lowest priority qualities in a starting QB.

Should tell you something.

I'm not a Peter King fan but here's an interesting article about Mahomes

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

Read the article. Shoulda stuck to baseball. 95 mph fastball. Best arm in this draft class? Um sure. I said it way back- bigger version of Manziel with a better arm, and none of the off field baggage. Lousy mechanics duly noted. If he's still there in the second round- maybe.

Read the article. Shoulda stuck to baseball. 95 mph fastball. Best arm in this draft class? Um sure. I said it way back- bigger version of Manziel with a better arm, and none of the off field baggage. Lousy mechanics duly noted. If he's still there in the second round- maybe.

I hear you. We all want a better, stable QB situation.

While the mechanics, velocity, and progressions are important, something tells me Hue keys in on other intangibles, like "is the guy a leader?" It wouldn't shock me if he grabs Watson, a two + year starter.

How can a team that gives up 700 passing yards be one of the best teams in the country. I would say that is a team that pretty much sucked at playing defense.

Not apples to apples but that same defense surrendered 19 to Auburn in the Bowl Game, which was 7 more than the Tide allowed.

Three words. Dr. Dave Mays.

:)

WSS

Fond memory regardless of how short it was Steve. He was best known for beating the Steelers the day Turkey Jones double dribbled Bradshaw off the hard surface.

Having said that, we never did find out why or how Lambert went from "QBs should wear dresses" after he hit the 180 lb Sipe 5 yards out of bounds to becoming terrified of our QBs. All we know is David Mays was a Dentist and Lambert lost his 2 front teeth during that football season. It felt like an outrageous sequel to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer way back when Santa remembered Cleveland existed.

Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

Brandon Weeden. Derek Anderson. Big arm does not mean accurate arm or good brain. Now, I don't know if Mahomos is deficient at either....but I would NOT just go with the guy with the best arm. Even the pitcher that throws 100 mph needs to have some movement on his ball to get batters out.

Because we're tired of shopping in the bargain bin? I've watched some of Mahomes, and read the critiques. My 0.02? He's a bigger, maybe more mobile version of Johnny Football. Without the drinking problem. Mechanics are a mess. & yes I'm aware Walter Football mocked him to the Browns in the second round. Why would we want to draft a Griffin clone?

His mechanics can be fixed and he knows they aren't great. I think with time to learn he could end up being the best QB in this class, easy.

His mechanics can be fixed and he knows they aren't great. I think with time to learn he could end up being the best QB in this class, easy.

Vag... prune your inbox...

Brandon Weeden. Derek Anderson. Big arm does not mean accurate arm or good brain. Now, I don't know if Mahomos is deficient at either....but I would NOT just go with the guy with the best arm. Even the pitcher that throws 100 mph needs to have some movement on his ball to get batters out.

I agree with this sentiment, but I will say, even though Mahomes has some funky mechanics, he still delivers the ball accurately more often than not. My main concern with Pat is his ability to process information at the NFL level.

WOW! Last time I saw this kid at the combines, he looked sleepier than Dracula in daylight. The first thing that came to mind was does someone want to get this kid a cup of coffee to power down? This kid's arm doesn't look sleepy at all. Who said he has a weak arm?

I haven't seen that many lasers off the back foot since Brett Favre turned unique into common place up in GB. He's got really good vision and pocket presence I was not expecting. There's also a slight blend of Tony Romo in this guy...

Here I was talking myself into an alternative like Webb later in the draft and now I see why this kid beat him out. I'll be honest, I was dismissing him up until now.

Archived