THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Mahomo

DKAllDay

It's shocking that he was able to evade that feared LA Tech pass rush and find the open guy against the shutdown LA Tech secondary. He has my vote.

That YouTube confirms my opinion. Bigger than Johnny. Better arm than Johnny. Plays like Johnny. A mechanical mess.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Allen, DeShone Kizer, possibly Brad Kaaya, and Mitch Trubisky could make that throw 7 out of 10 times. It wasn't that spectacular. I can, and have, made a similar throw...and I was a left tackle. (Granted, my movement was a littler slower than his.)

It was "on a dime" because he had 140 square yards of space to work with. The closest defender was 10 yards behind the receiver, there was no overtop coverage (because it busted) and Mahomes initiated the throw when the receiver was still five yards outside of the endzone, slightly left of center around the hash. That's not necessarily on a dime, that's dropping the ball on a wide landing zone. I'd take this throw any day of the week over that one -

. Those are the money throws - putting the ball in a spot where only your receiver can get it. Not dropping it on a quarter of the field and having your receiver drop underneath it.

Rolling against your body adds a slight bit of difficulty but he was moving at half speed and was able to open his hips enough to generate torque, so it wasn't all arm. I'm not denying Mahomes is an easy thrower....but that throw was nothing that screams "franchise QB". Jamarcus made that throw 100 times in college. Kyle Boller did too. Shit, Manziel did too.

You're right, Kizer could make that throw. Mitch, maybe. Kaaya no.

That YouTube confirms my opinion. Bigger than Johnny. Better arm than Johnny. Plays like Johnny. A mechanical mess.

Don't get me wrong - I like the kid. He is one of the more interesting prospects in that he is essentially Johnny Manziel on the field, but four inches taller and ten pounds heavier. He is the definition of a high-upside project. If he had two years under an experienced QB coach (like Hue) where he never saw the field and purely worked on mechanics and operating out of an NFL offense...then yeah, I think he could be something.

But as it stands right now? He's a third round guy at most for me. We're just not in the position to take a two year project and let him develop. At the very best, we're in a Wentz position - take a guy who is a project but can still start day one.

I wasn't aware Cardale had weight issues ore routinely downed some lean...? Oh, that's right. He didn't.

As for Mahomes... good God is his accuracy just everywhere.

Car sale had serious maturity and character issues. That's why he went to military school for a year before OSU. He struggled with preparation and maturity while at OSU also.

Car sale had serious maturity and character issues. That's why he went to military school for a year before OSU. He struggled with preparation and maturity while at OSU also.

Oh? Do you have any specific examples outside of a near 4 year old tweet? Because Coach Meyer pulls no punches so when you're given the reigns as the starting QB, I find this part hard to believe.

Oh? Do you have any specific examples outside of a near 4 year old tweet? Because Coach Meyer pulls no punches so when you're given the reigns as the starting QB, I find this part hard to believe.

His maturity issues are well documented. He was a problem at Ginn Academy, and because of it went to military school in Virginia and with good behavior, could transfer to OSU. After coming to OSU, he got in trouble for that tweet you mentioned, but also other conduct. Even in college he was tweeting things he shouldn't have, harmless stuff but provocative. He was 3rd strong for so little no because of his commitment issues. Obviously he was talented enough to be first string, he came in and beat Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon. There was a reason he was 3rd strong

His maturity issues are well documented. He was a problem at Ginn Academy, and because of it went to military school in Virginia and with good behavior, could transfer to OSU. After coming to OSU, he got in trouble for that tweet you mentioned, but also other conduct. Even in college he was tweeting things he shouldn't have, harmless stuff but provocative. He was 3rd strong for so little no because of his commitment issues. Obviously he was talented enough to be first string, he came in and beat Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon. There was a reason he was 3rd strong

In other words,outside of one tweet - you got nothing. Cool, good talk.

In other words,outside of one tweet - you got nothing. Cool, good talk.

lol I'm not about to dig up old articles for you. You have google, do it yourself. He was a problem child in high school and at OSU. He was 3rd string because he was a me guy, and he claims the birth of his daughter is what made him mature and become a man. All of that shit is out there... I'm not going to link you you can do it yourself

Regarding Cardale- probably one of the biggest arms coming out of college. Cam Newton big. Sitting on the Bills bench leaning.

Letting Barrett play 2 weeks after a DWI is "pulling no punches"? Letting Zeke play a week after he complained about the coaches to the media? Routinely let his players (Percy Harvin in particular) walk all over him?

The throw, bud. That's an incredibly difficult throw, running to his right 50+ yds on a dime. Yes, thereceiver was wide open, but show me another current college QB who can make that throw.

Jamarcus and Cardale both made that throw.....over and over again.....

They also had character and weight issues.

Show me where Mahomes has been arrested, failed a drug test or came into camp fat?

This guy has the elite arm talent of a Jamarcus Russell or Cardale Jones without the baggage.

So what....that wasnt the point or the question......

You pointed us to a video showing a pass and then, basically, declared the pass to be something we should be awed by.....

Then asked who else could do that?......and I told you.....

And...now.....it spirals to tweets, baggage and fatness?.....way to make a point

lol I'm not about to dig up old articles for you. You have google, do it yourself. He was a problem child in high school and at OSU. He was 3rd string because he was a me guy, and he claims the birth of his daughter is what made him mature and become a man. All of that shit is out there... I'm not going to link you you can do it yourself

You bring up the point, you supply the supporting evidence. That's how an argument works at a fundamental level.

Save for the tweet, there is not one thing to be heard about Cardale and his time at tOSU as a negative. He started 3rd string because Miller was #1, JT was #2 being he had been there longer and flat out won the backup job. Unless you're saying EVERY 3rd stringer is in that spot because of negative reasons? Your logic doesn't hold up.

Letting Barrett play 2 weeks after a DWI is "pulling no punches"? Letting Zeke play a week after he complained about the coaches to the media? Routinely let his players (Percy Harvin in particular) walk all over him?

I mean, could have been Miles where players are NOT suspended? Barrett was given time away from his team, his fine, placed in the overnight LARC program, his license was revoked for 6 months and he issued a public apology. That's par the course for what I would expect at any school. What would have been your course of action? I'm curious.

Zeke complained (rightfully so) about the playcalling, not the coaches themselves. Which Urban addressed publicly, Zeke apologized for and they handled behind closed doors. Of all the examples you could bring up, this was a non-issue and you could cite multiple times of it happening throughout a year.

I'm not familiar with Percy walking over Urban. Examples, by chance?

You bring up the point, you supply the supporting evidence. That's how an argument works at a fundamental level.

Save for the tweet, there is not one thing to be heard about Cardale and his time at tOSU as a negative. He started 3rd string because Miller was #1, JT was #2 being he had been there longer and flat out won the backup job. Unless you're saying EVERY 3rd stringer is in that spot because of negative reasons? Your logic doesn't hold up.

I mean, could have been Miles where players are NOT suspended? Barrett was given time away from his team, his fine, placed in the overnight LARC program, his license was revoked for 6 months and he issued a public apology. That's par the course for what I would expect at any school. What would have been your course of action? I'm curious.

Zeke complained (rightfully so) about the playcalling, not the coaches themselves. Which Urban addressed publicly, Zeke apologized for and they handled behind closed doors. Of all the examples you could bring up, this was a non-issue and you could cite multiple times of it happening throughout a year.

He's not gonna dig up old articles for you.

Then he shouldn't be attempting to make a point if you can't provide the evidence to back it up.

That'd be like me saying Joe Thomas is coke head, go look it up up bruh lawls.

Fuck that.

Not that I really care but from the Sporting News

• Harvin also had problems in college at Florida. He tested positive for marijuana, refused to run the stadium steps with other teammates during a conditioning session, and attacked wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales, according to The Sporting News. Harvin threw Gonzales to the ground by his neck, according to the report.

Joe Thomas prefers meth, not coke. Look it up.

Cardale never got in serious trouble, but it was little shit that kept him at a military school, then #3 at OSU. Anyways, this thread is about Mahomes, I'm not bickering with you females.

Mahomes just had wrist surgery, so he probably will go back to school anyways. If he declares, he's going to be a late riser because he's a fucking 6'4 235 Johnny Manziel. Mark my words, if he declares he's going to go high (first 2 rounds) because of his upside

Joe Thomas prefers meth, not coke. Look it up.

Cardale never got in serious trouble, but it was little shit that kept him at a military school, then #3 at OSU. Anyways, this thread is about Mahomes, I'm not bickering with you females.

Mahomes just had wrist surgery, so he probably will go back to school anyways. If he declares, he's going to be a late riser because he's a fucking 6'4 235 Johnny Manziel. Mark my words, if he declares he's going to go high (first 2 rounds) because of his upside

So he's a 6'4 guy that can't understand or execute basic offensive concepts, lacks pocket awareness, solid footwork, can't anticipate Windows in zone coverage and the ability to consistently throw with accuracy...?

Yeah, he'll shoot right the fuck up some draft boards.

So he's a 6'4 guy that can't understand or execute basic offensive concepts, lacks pocket awareness, solid footwork, can't anticipate Windows in zone coverage and the ability to consistently throw with accuracy...?

Yeah, he'll shoot right the fuck up some draft boards.

Your lack of mental capacity is astounding. He can't throw consistently with accuracy? 66% completion percentage this year. He can't execute basic offense? Really? The Air Raid system is pretty basic and here's his stats this year

5052 yds, 41 TDs 10 INTs

You should really think before you spill ignorance out of your mouth

Your lack of mental capacity is astounding. He can't throw consistently with accuracy? 66% completion percentage this year. He can't execute basic offense? Really? The Air Raid system is pretty basic and here's his stats this year

5052 yds, 41 TDs 10 INTs

STATS BOYS!!! Because Graham Harrell posted back to back 5000+ yard seasons at the same school and became a HOF QB.

Next.

STATS BOYS!!! Because Graham Harrell posted back to back 5000+ yard seasons at the same school and became a HOF QB.

Next.

LOL! While worthy of note - are they still running the Mad Scientist's/Leach's offense there?

If we do up the Jimmy G trade - it wouldn't kill us to draft this kid a little later than where Dallas drafted Dak Prescott without intentions of starting him right away.

5052 yds, 41 TDs 10 INTs

66% completion percentage is nothing special in an Air Raid offense that is almost always sending five men on routes on every play. That's firmly in the "acceptable" range for a college QBs in friendly offenses.

69+ for a season is really the range where people get wowed - see RG3, Luck, Wilson etc.

The Air Raid is not a basic NFL offense. It is an offense geared more for the college ranks as it capitalizes on brekdowns in coverage and flooding the field with receiving options to exploit mismatches.

Cal is notorious for running an Air Raid influenced offense and they haven't kicked out a day one starter QB in some time. Even Rodgers, the crowning jewel of Cal, sat behind Favre and was subject to "QB school" while he learned the nuances of NFL QB play. Boller and Goff both had trouble transitioning, Mahomes will too.

Basic concepts like three and five step drops from center, hitch timing, play action footwork, and blindside pressure feel aren't taught or needed extensively in the Air Raid, as a majority of your snaps are taken from shotgun.

The Air Raid is a fringe system offense. It's not gimmicky or completely without base, but it does not translate well to the NFL. The one redeeming quality is that most Air Raid QBs tend to be above average passers, but that's really it.

I think the ignorance is coming from your end, I'm not really sure you know what you're talking about.

I have no problem with what he does. I'm not one of these people that sits here and criticizes disciplinary actions. I just think it's funny when everyone acts like their coach is a great man and doesn't cheat and doesn't play players that shouldn't be playing, etc. Only the "other guys" do that.

I don't know what your first sentence means? Les Miles? How is he relevant here? Coincidentally enough, I actually had an LSU chick tell me one night when I talked about a player they bought "we don't pay players, Coach Miles wouldn't allow that." You are the Ohio State version of that girl right now.

A friend of mine played for Urban Meyer. If you think he's a good guy you're absolutely delusional.

And Percy Harvin would refuse to work out with the team. He'd tell coaches to f off. Etc. That's just one example. Urban has a long history of playing favorites with good players. Again, I don't care one way or the other. Just not gonna sit here and listen to people say he's some disciplinarian extraordinaire.

• 1 month later...

Archived