THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Mahomo

DKAllDay

Nope, if we're burning a pick on a signal caller in 2017 it's because we believe he's the QBOTF. MHO is 70% probability R Glass is gone. I would hope Sashi and Depo will be able to convince Hue that Earth you felt move when you worked out Griffin was a dump truck unloading a pile of garbage right behind you. LOL!!!

I've seen too much of scramble around until a receiver breaks wide open, and then hit him with a laser shot. I see WR's that refuse to come back to QB...

I don't see a supposed "QB guru HC" (needing more than 1-2 wins) coming to a gun fight with 3 young QB's with both a year & another rookie with no Veteran. Kessler's the closest to a keeper for now that I've seen..But, Hue seems to have a liking to Cal Guys(Palmer,Kess now Hogan too) with a college in a semi pro system? guess we may need to scout QB's from State of Washington to the Mississippi River..as for RG3, even if he agree's to get paid by the hour, Haslem will promote him to your Parking Valet..Happy New Year!! ;)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because we're tired of shopping in the bargain bin? I've watched some of Mahomes, and read the critiques. My 0.02? He's a bigger, maybe more mobile version of Johnny Football. Without the drinking problem. Mechanics are a mess. & yes I'm aware Walter Football mocked him to the Browns in the second round. Why would we want to draft a Griffin clone?

But a bigger, more mobile, non-drinking problem Johnny Football is a pretty solid NFL prospect, especially at a low price.

Hue Jackson told us to "trust him" when it came to drafting Cody Kessler, and many of us didn't (including myself). It's safe to say that Cody PROBABLY isn't going to be our future starting QB, but finding a reliable backup QB in the 3rd round isn't an awful value either. I have a feeling that we're going to have to trust Hue and our other staff with this next QB selection as well. Even if it's somebody a tad obscure, like Mahomes, or the Oklahoma State guy. Maybe, just maybe Hue can find our diamond in the rough.

Which means absolutely nothing

It means something. The Big 12 is wide open WRs in shotgun offenses. Huge adjustments needed by the prospects entering the NFL.

It means something. The Big 12 is wide open WRs in shotgun offenses. Huge adjustments needed by the prospects entering the NFL.

Just for fun the "best" qbs to come out of the Big 12. http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/112241/ranking-the-big-12s-top-5-all-time-qbs

Despite what my username might entail, I'm all for drafting Patrick Mahomes in the 2nd round to be our QB of the future

I'd love to see the hometown kid Trubisky go #1 overall to the Browns, but I'd much rather be a good team than be witness to a feel good story.

We have way too many holes as a team and could use our two first round picks to seriously improve our team.

However, we need to address the QB position at some point. RG3 is tough, but is garbage. Kessler is ok, but more of a risk-averse backup. McCown is ready to retire.

Let's grab 2 blue chip prospects in the first round, and get a QB with very high upside in the 2nd round.

Mahomes is big, strong armed, accurate, and mobile. His only knock is the gimmicky offense he plays in at Texas tech. In fact, the offense he plays in is similar to what Derek Carr ran at Fresno state. Scouts even compare him to Carr.

Lets bolster our lines and let Mahomes, Kessler, and whoever else battle to be the starter next year.

RG3 is tough? The guy is made of china. Cut him.

RG3 is tough? The guy is made of china. Cut him.

You're conflating toughness with fragility. RG3 may be brittle-boned, but he's a tough S.O.B. The hits he was taking last week were brutal, and yet he kept getting up.

If you break your coracoid bone in your throwing shoulder, or tear your ACL+MCL, it doesn't matter how tough you are.. you're done for a while

who the fuck is Mahomes? we don't need to draft another 3rd string QB. Ole moneyball needs to decide which one is best and draft him #1 overall. Stop this 20 year cycle of hoping we find a russell wilson in the 6th round.

Is this not 'camp mahomes'..? I've seen one poster say take him first round. I've seen another or so say take him as high as the 2nd.

I don't know, I'm not gonna go back and read it. I assumed this was more of the Camp Take BPA for two

Rounds and then get Mahomes

And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.

That was easy.

easy-button.jpg

I approve of this message...... Hey, if he's still there by the time our 4th round comp picks roll around, why not? :)

I approve of this message...... Hey, if he's still there by the time our 4th round comp picks roll around, why not? :)

Our QB room needs a complete overhaul, I'm game with drafting him late after we get Trubisky at 1 or 2, probably 2 now that the stoolers are sitting everyone on Sunday. Can't wait to hear the stooler fans say we won because they sat their starters when we haven't played any starters since like week 3.

So you're in Camp Mahomo-lite?

So you're in Camp Mahomo-lite?

4th round is where you take projects Tour. Mahomes qualifies in my book. We have that Washington guy Cousins for a gamble that paid off. :)

Don't see him lasting that long though.

Projected UDFA's are called reaches in the 4th.

Mahomes is far from an UDFA project. :) If you think Mel Kiper's opinion is worth anything, here's how he has the potential qb class ranked right now.

1. *Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina

2. *Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech

3. *Deshaun Watson, Clemson

4. **DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame

5. *Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)

6. *Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

7. *Luke Falk, Washington State

8. **Wilton Speight, Michigan

9. **Clayton Thorson, Northwestern

10. *Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State

Archived