THE BROWNS BOARD

Nativity scene found in ancient egyptian rock painting..

Clevfan4life

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right... But the book depicting the battle was written after the battle, correct?

And after the battle the story was written and shown by archeology to be accurate in the details laid out in the bible. The bible also is full of prophecies written before their fulfillment that later were fulfilled as they were predicted to happen.

And after the battle the story was written and shown by archeology to be accurate in the details laid out in the bible. The bible also is full of prophecies written before their fulfillment that later were fulfilled as they were predicted to happen.

One thing at a time.

The Bible wrote about something that already happened. No shit it's accurate. Why does it get "God's word" points for writing about something that already happened? Books literally do that all of the time...

One thing at a time.

The Bible wrote about something that already happened. No shit it's accurate. Why does it get "God's word" points for writing about something that already happened? Books literally do that all of the time...

Lots of skeptics that believe the stories are made up and fiction. Archeology can only show the bricks down from the walls of Jericho but not the Israelite's marching around the city and shouting and the walls coming down. But if all the other details are true then the walls miraculously coming down should also be true as well. They are writing this as it actually happened.

OK, hold up. A lot of points to hit here...

1) Skeptics believe that the ridiculous stories are fiction. A man living inside of a big fish, the entire earth flooding, the first woman being made from a man's rib, etc. THOSE are what realists (or, Skeptics to you) have a problem with. Not a story about a historical event.

2) You're making a GIANT logical leap there. Because the Bible was accurate in its depiction about a historic event, you're assuming it's miraculous claims are also correct. See the flawed logic there? Again, if I wrote about the 2016 browns season in perfect detail, would it mean I'm then correct in saying it happened because RG3 prayed to an evil god?

3) How do you know this was written as it happened? The Bible has been edited and translated countless times. A ton of things could have been added after the fact to add to its influencing power.

There was a miracle recorded in the battle too. The walls that came down after Israel following instructions. Archeology verified the reported miracle that happened here too. Unless a "realist" wants to believe that Israel pulled the walls down and then concocted a fable on how it happened.

You seemed to ignore my previous points, but we'll keep going...

You're taking the Bible at face value. A book that had been modified countless times by countless people. We know the walls fell. You're just assuming the Bible is correct in why they fell because it was "correct" in what we already knew at the time. (I'm also afraid we're about to step into a circular logic moment).

Please show me where archeology verified the biblical miracle.

You seemed to ignore my previous points, but we'll keep going...

You're taking the Bible at face value. A book that had been modified countless times by countless people. We know the walls fell. You're just assuming the Bible is correct in why they fell because it was "correct" in what we already knew at the time. (I'm also afraid we're about to step into a circular logic moment).

Please show me where archeology verified the biblical miracle.

I'm taking the bible at face value and the archeology lines up with the bible version of events. That's as good as it gets. There is no video of the battle. We only have what is recorded in the bible and thousands of years later archeology finds that line up with the bible version of the battle. The walls not only fell but the details the bible lays out that one household would be spared and the bible states that house was connected to the wall. Not only were the walls found down there was one wall with houses attached that was still standing. These details found thousands of years later are good evidence of the accuracy of the bible version of the battle.

Again, the Bible is describing events that were already history at the time. Of course it was right. That's what you're not getting here. You're saying because the Bible was right about things the writers already new about, it must be right about the "miracles" it described. "Miracles" that your only evidence for is the Bible.

Again... Circular logic.

I'm trying to have a logical debate with you and you're making points that would never hold up, and don't.

I just don't understand how you can't see the gap in logic here. Where critical thinking just blows the whole thing wide open. Idk if it is because you lack that thinking, or if your allegiance to religion just turns it off when talking about stuff like this. I'm not sure.

Idk if it is because you lack that thinking, or if your allegiance to religion just turns it off when talking about stuff like this. I'm not sure.

Ive been having this exact debate with myself since i was 12, which is also the age i finally had enough and started refusing to attend church anymore. I started asking uncomfortable questions around 6-7 years old so by 12 i was done with it.

I think think its blind allegiance. Look at the discrepancy in how they talk about muslims past and present and then the utter refusal to acknowledge their own dirty and not so ancient history.

Somethings just been "turned off"....i dunno what thats beyond my pay scale

LOL...No my friend something was turned on. The light. It's not beyond your pay scale either. Seek and you shall find. God will make Himself known only to those who seek Him. His thoughts and ways are not like ours and human reasoning will never find Him. God is Spirit and the bible is a revelation from God to humans. Humans are spirit, soul and body and it is our spirit's that recognize the truth God is speaking in the bible. Our souls are our mental beings and our bodies our physical. Atheists are those whose souls or the mental part of their being rule them. They try to reason things out and they miss it. These are spiritual realities and the "light" has to be turned on to see them.

1 Corinthians 2:14New International Version (NIV)

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

*Nothing has changed since the 1900 years or so since the Apostle Paul said this.

Somethings just been "turned off"....i dunno what thats beyond my pay scale

I would guess that a good part of religion and churchgoing at pre-adolescent ages has more to do with the social aspect then actual Doctrine. I went to church and Sunday school and church camp because I had friends and we enjoyed the time together, but probably talked more of Beatles guitars girls and television shows than we did faith. If you were any kind of a little kid like you are an adult today, meaning antisocial and obnoxious asshole, you probably didn't like them any more than they liked you. Hence the disconnect.

:D

WSS

Obnoxious ill grant you because nobody likes someone that waves others failings as rational human beings in their face. But anti social? How so? Do you understand what anti socia......you know what nm i was going to explain the meaning of a word to typical stevee again but im just gonna let you prattle away again about some more shit u know nothing about. Fire away St. Typical, fire away

Obnoxious ill grant you because nobody likes someone that waves others failings as rational human beings in their face. But anti social? How so? Do you understand what anti socia......you know what nm i was going to explain the meaning of a word to typical stevee again but im just gonna let you praytle away again about some more shit u know nothing about. Fire away St. Typical, fire away

Bitch you are the poster boy for anti-social. You probably even embarrass the guys on your own team.

WSS

Obnoxious ill grant you because nobody likes someone that waves others failings as rational human beings in their face. But anti social? How so? Do you understand what anti socia......you know what nm i was going to explain the meaning of a word to typical stevee again but im just gonna let you praytle away again about some more shit u know nothing about. Fire away St. Typical, fire away Ernest Cleve BassErnestT.com4_.jpg

I would guess that a good part of religion and churchgoing at pre-adolescent ages has more to do with the social aspect then actual Doctrine. I went to church and Sunday school and church camp because I had friends and we enjoyed the time together, but probably talked more of Beatles guitars girls and television shows than we did faith. If you were any kind of a little kid like you are an adult today, meaning antisocial and obnoxious asshole, you probably didn't like them any more than they liked you. Hence the disconnect.

:D

WSS

I was a counselor at church camp when I was 15 and had pretty well decided that religion had too many holes in it. However, that did not stop me from trying to meet girls and getting paid to swim all day haha.

"Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD), also known as dissocial personality disorder (DPD) and sociopathy, is a personality disorder, characterized by a pervasive pattern of disregard for, or violation of, the rights of others."

I dont know what bullshit you posted but that right there is the clinical version. I worked with kids when i was younger that had true anti social disorders. Ive not violated any of ur "rights". You, cal and dh are the most abusive posters on this entire board...not just the poly secrion. And you simply cannot handle it when someone strokes you right back in the mouth.

If im wrong, than check cal next time he subjects a thread to multiple woodpecker posts simply because woody interjected a contrary opinion. You wont cause you old soft peckers prop each other incessantly. But miss me with ur anti social talk then. Acknowledge this board is a political flame war no more no less and we're all guilty as charged. Maybe then ur pecker can hard again who knows

Archived