THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft grade time....

Mudfly

Skipping past the individual grades, you can't look past the fact that the FO was really stockpiling picks to get more players, in the knowledge that not all will work out. So, giving the final grade as the average is not exactly fair. For example the 2014 might grade out higher on that metric, but in reality from a draft two years ago we only have two players on the roster.

Also, you can, to some degree, include (for example) Erving in the 2014 draft (2015 version) because the pick was a direct result of a trade from 2014.

Stick with your original grade on Coleman Mud-he did not come anywhere near to what the first WR in the draft should have done. I predict the dropsys will doom him in the long run or at least gain him the Roberto Duran WR award.

Here are Walterfootballs original draft grades. Coleman got a B+ but he hasn't come close to that for us (Elliot got a D-how wrong was that? LOLOLOLOL)

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php

Stick with your original grade on Coleman Mud-he did not come anywhere near to what the first WR in the draft should have done. I predict the dropsys will doom him in the long run or at least gain him the Roberto Duran WR award.

Here are Walterfootballs original draft grades. Coleman got a B+ but he hasn't come close to that for us (Elliot got a D-how wrong was that? LOLOLOLOL)

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php

I agree.....but am not going to get hung up on the difference between a C- or D+.....or whether Gilbert was terrible or extra terrible, etc......quibble quabble whatever......its all just my subjective opinion and I could never rate 40 players and have everyone agree with my views.....

Skipping past the individual grades, you can't look past the fact that the FO was really stockpiling picks to get more players, in the knowledge that not all will work out. So, giving the final grade as the average is not exactly fair. For example the 2014 might grade out higher on that metric, but in reality from a draft two years ago we only have two players on the roster.

Also, you can, to some degree, include (for example) Erving in the 2014 draft (2015 version) because the pick was a direct result of a trade from 2014.

Cant agree....the grade is just a measuring stick.....and a fluid one.....

Choices like trading back for Erving or collecting late picks certainly are gradable....and those choices were made by the FO, so they will have to live with the consequences of those choices(good or bad).....its just part of the deal....

Example.....only 2 players left from 2014 draft....BUT, they are very good players(2 or our best right now) and represent 33% of the players we picked.....so, based upon percentages and quality of players, that draft was actually pretty good and "above" the NFL average(definitely above "our" average).....and we'd need to see 4-5 players, of the same quality this year, to be comparable to that draft....

and, not that they are great players or anything, but 2 others are producing for other teams.....(West & Desir).....

what we gained before we got to Coleman better pay off more than Coleman? I still see Cory as that same guy that can go out & outplay his hero Steve Smith in Cleveland before the broken hand. think we all see why Hue rode his a$$ at Camp..it's a tough D grade for now but.....there's always next year ;) (can't coach speed with size. but you can draft them)

what we gained before we got to Coleman better pay off more than Coleman? I still see Cory as that same guy that can go out & outplay his hero Steve Smith in Cleveland before the broken hand. think we all see why Hue rode his a$$ at Camp..it's a tough D grade for now but.....there's always next year ;) (can't coach speed with size. but you can draft them)

Only thing I worry about is you can't coach up bad hands. Butterfingers Braylon anyone? Or the Bengals Peter Warrick?

The great ones like AJ Green have never had a problem with dropsies. Hmmm... Ozzie Newsome was POed if he dropped one a game if it was in a 6 foot radius of him.

Only thing I worry about is you can't coach up bad hands. Butterfingers Braylon anyone? Or the Bengals Peter Warrick?

The great ones like AJ Green have never had a problem with dropsies. Hmmm... Ozzie Newsome was POed if he dropped one a game if it was in a 6 foot radius of him.

Greg Little anyone...it's like the good/bad & the Baylor Bears..Josh Gordon great hands,great size but a great big dope. but with Cory it's like great straight speed. Great Hands Only in Ravens game. Than we all needed to smoke _ _ _ _

Greg Little anyone...it's like the good/bad & the Baylor Bears..Josh Gordon great hands,great size but a great big dope. but with Cory it's like great straight speed. Great Hands Only in Ravens game. Than we all needed to smoke _ _ _ _

And the problem with Coleman vs. Little vs. Edwards is Coleman is much smaller than Little and smaller and slower than Edwards

Coleman has been struggling a bit, no doubt, but I've also seen the guy open a few times and the ball hasn't come his way. And when it did, the throws weren't good at all. Now, he did have a few drops, but they weren't on deep balls or potential TD plays. I think to myself, "How would Coleman look on the Patriots?" I think he'd be amazing.

Archived