THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Both The Great Zomboni and his intern, Zoey, missed their picks last week ... so, as per the rules we set, we both have to sit out this week.

That means Zoey's little sister, Zsa Zsa, gets to make all the picks.

But before she gets started, she took exception to a remark from a Steeler fan that wondered why she wasn't wearing Browns gear.

Because she's not a Browns fan. She's just visiting for the holidays, remember? In fact, she doesn't even follow American Football, she's a soccer fan. And why does he want to cover her up with clothes anyway?

So she has a message for this Steeler fan: "Bite me, Homo."

lindsey-strutt-13-1.jpg

Philadelphia at Baltimore, Sunday 1 PM

The Great Zomboni never took the bait and jumped on the Eagle bandwagon when there was a whole lot of slobbering going on when they started out 3-0. They had just played three bad teams. Zsa Zsa agrees. She says take the Ravens and the points and do a shot every time Flacco throws deep. RAVENS 34 EAGLES 20

Cleveland at Buffalo, Sunday 1 PM

Zsa Zsa sees three reasons, that when added up together, mean the Browns are going to win their first game this week: 1 Weather is the great equalizer 2. The Bills just got eliminated, teams tend to tank after the hope fades. 3. Rumors of a Rex Ryan being fired ... where there is smoke, there is fire, and the players are feeling it. Bills are going to lay an egg. BROWNS 13 BILLS 12

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati, Sunday 1 PM

To get Zsa Zsa properly prepared for this pick, I showed her tape of the playoff game between these two contestants last year. Zsa Zsa may not know the X's and O's of football, but she knows toughness when she sees it. She summarized it like this: "Bengals are bad ass ... Steelers cry like babies". With temperatures below freezing she says there is no way the babies outlast the bad asses. BENGALS 23 STEELERS 10

TGZ

she took exception to a remark from a Steeler fan that wondered why she wasn't wearing Browns gear.

Because she's not a Browns fan. She's just visiting for the holidays, remember? In fact, she doesn't even follow American Football, she's a soccer fan. And why does he want to cover her up with clothes anyway?

So she has a message for this Steeler fan: "Bite me, Homo."

lindsey-strutt-13-1.jpg

BENGALS 23 STEELERS 10

No need for My Picks.....We have Declared Zsa Zsa The Winner Of The Week!!! GGGGOOOAALLLL!

One man's opinion Saturday night special. ......

Shame on Cleveland for losing 23 of its last 24 games, including the past 16. Shame on Buffalo for not making the playoffs for the 17th consecutive year. Cleveland hasnt covered in their last seven games. The Browns are 1-9 ATS in their last 10. Maybe Robert Griffin III will be less rusty this week.

Its just as unpleasant, though, to think about laying more than a touchdown with Buffalo. The Bills only victory versus a winning opponent came against the Patriots when third-string rookie Jacoby Brissett was forced to start at quarterback. Buffalo is 1-6 ATS in its last seven. It could be a foot race to see who management chases out first, Rex Ryan or Tyrod Taylor.......

Well it sure looks like a cold day in hell afterall so what to do? D'uh take Cleveland +10 and run like hell. :lol:

And PIT -3, BAL -6 and hold your nose.

Also OAK -3, DET +4' and GB -6' and prepare to go to the bank on Tuesday...to deposit naturally. ;)

**2016 Week 14** .. Prev ..... This ..... YTD
Straight-up .......... 29-17-1 .... 3-1 ..... 32-18-1
Vs. the spread ...... 23-24 .... 1-2-1 ... 23-26-1

Winter has come... as my local 50 deg temperature swing in the past 12 hours will attest (high 79, low 29) so keeping an eye on the weather is advised... or at least on my new weatherwoman... Yanet.

36a03953c-1.jpg

PHI @ BLT (-6.0)

In the low 50's this is this weekend's warm weather match up. Light rain? No problem... Eighteen mph wind? Big problem for the team needing an air attack... and that team is the favorite.

Take the Iggles and the points and the low-scoring upset...

PHI 20 BLT 13

** Daily Double**

PTG @ CIN (+3.0)

Not exactly the Freezer Bowl, but at 27 deg with high single digit winds to add to the chill, it'll be cold enough to produce some FUMBLES even if it is dry. Hard to know which way the ball will bounce, but once frozen it won't bounce far.

Game comes down to which QB can "get a grip"... I'll take the gloved QB and lay the points here.

PTG 25 CIN 20

CLE @ BUF (-10.0)

25 deg and dry with 15 mph winds... Well, at least it won't be snowing.

If playing for your coach were the only difference, we'd have this. But it's not...

Winds will ground two paltry air attacks reducing the game to ground and pound. RB stable and OL/DL match up comparisons put this one into our loss column for the 14th time this season. The clincher is the battle of the running QBs with Tyrod out-rushing Robert.

As for the spread? I think we hang in there... in part due to our new RB acquisition, but it may require that the Bills handing us a late, strategic Safety to do so.

BUF 17 CLE 8

AJ Green inactive again for the Bagles... no one of note for the Steelers.

Jimmy Smith out for BLT. Sproles again for Philly.

No one hurting more than the Texans with three significant contributors, Fiedorowicz, Joseph and Mercilus, sidelined for their crucial game with JAX.

I see the bungles went all bungles and blew a lead and will miss the playoffs. So sad!!!!

Buh bye Marvin

Would be hilarious if Lewis winds up as our DC next year .. LOL

With her successful debut, Yanek has earned a contract for the balance of the year and a week of sun and fun in Cabo. She has promised several selfies and that they will be developed in time for next week's picks.

Her input was vital to this week's 3-1 two-way including a near-perfect Daily Double, that solidified 2016's straight-up record and brought the record vs. the spread to within one of "The Mendoza Line."

PHI @ BLT (-6.
PHI 20 BLT 13

Final: BLT 27 PHI 26 - L/W

** Daily Double**
PTG @ CIN (+3.0)
PTG 25 CIN 20

Final: PTG 24 CIN 20 - WW/WW <---- Pick of the Week

CLE @ BUF (-10.0)
BUF 17 CLE 8

Final: BUF 33 CLE 13 - W/L

**2016 Week 15** .. Prev ..... This ..... YTD
Straight-up .......... 32-18-1 .... 3-1 ..... 35-19-1
Vs. the spread .... 24-26-1 .... 3-1 ..... 27-27-1

Final: BUF 33 CLE 13 - W/L**2016 Week 15** .. Prev ..... This ..... YTD

Straight-up .......... 32-18-1 .... 3-1 ..... 35-19-1

Vs. the spread .... 23-26-1 .... 3-1 ..... 26-27-1<--- *

* In this crazy season that's not really that bad! Hardest picking year I've ever had. :o

Archived