THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam Pledges to "Stay the Course" in Recent Full Staff Meeting

Tour2ma

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That the viewing experience for many or most is superior when sitting on their couch, watching on TV than it is sitting in the stadium.

Ah... so you never read my original, one-sentence reply in full... Got it...

Ah... so you never read my original, one-sentence reply in full... Got it...

Apparently you didn't read my reply.....as you said that for season ticket holders that the in game experience may be the ultimate experience and that is why they bought those season tickets. For others, that experience may not be so "ultimate". They prefer to stay home.

Ya follow?

Better question is how does this organization keep it's once loyal fan base intact? I've never seen the apathy at this level. It will be interesting to see who would consider renewing tickets, plus remain a fan. I'll always be a fan.

I would think most fans had enough foresight to realize THIS was the rough season and it's only going to get better.

If you held on to your tickets this year, when you KNEW they were going to suck ... why abandon now when the plan begins to to start to fruition?

Zombo

I would think most fans had enough foresight to realize THIS was the rough season and it's only going to get better.

If you held on to your tickets this year, when you KNEW they were going to suck ... why abandon now when the plan begins to to start to fruition?

Zombo

Prolly the shock of 0-16 vs. maybe an expected 3-13 takes time to assimilate.

Prolly the shock of 0-16 vs. maybe an expected 3-13 takes time to assimilate.

I knew the Browns were going to suck going into this year, but not quite this bad.

BUT, when you take a step back and look at things, 0-16 isn't too far removed from 3-13.

At this point of the season, will winning a meaningless game change anything?

If it gives us a chance to improve our draft stock...so be it.

0-16 here we come!

0-16 is fine if everyone knew that was the plan.

but to think that they might draft better and look more productive in basic categories: blocking, tackling, catching, running and discipline then it's a bigger fail than in past regimes coming in after a clean sweep.

Zombo

But what if it never fruits?

Better question is how does this organization keep it's once loyal fan base intact? I've never seen the apathy at this level. It will be interesting to see who would consider renewing tickets, plus remain a fan. I'll always be a fan.

A winning season or two will cure that. But until that actually happens, good luck

People are fickle. After nine games of 2014, everybody loved the browns. Then it all went to shit and the mob was calling for the heads of farmer and pettine. Then Hue Jackson came in and everyone loved the browns again! Now the mob is...anxious. A winning half season will draw in fans as surely as a long losing stretch will drive them away.

People are fickle. After nine games of 2014, everybody loved the browns. Then it all went to shit and the mob was calling for the heads of farmer and pettine. Then Hue Jackson came in and everyone loved the browns again! Now the mob is...anxious. A winning half season will draw in fans as surely as a long losing stretch will drive them away.

What's funny is how everyone wants to blame farmer. Jimmy was pulling his strings all along. It's pretty much a given around here that haslam was playing gm and coach. The texts, the homeless dude and all the other bone head picks are on the owner. Ray was a well paid puppet to keep his mouth shut. And then the good mice all ran away

Won't even take that. A winning record after about 6 games would do it I reckon.

The first 4 picks of this draft may tell us all we need to know about winning yet & the risk Sashi is willing to take with or without this owner..The ticking Time Bomb on Talent around here better start with 26 draft hammers in 2 years. Lets Quit bending the Nails..

But what if it never fruits?

It will.

But chickenshits should bail out now.

Clear seats on the bus for someone who wants to buy into a young team loaded with draft picks, money and a good coach.

Zombo

Agree, but frankly its all the losing that's clouding people's brains.

Long time fans have been waiting, mostly patiently, for a turnaround and this season happens.

Folks 30 & younger have seen just a few winning seasons.

I've been pissed about all the changes in the coaching ranks, front office, trading down in the draft, but survived.

I'm more pissed about losing a home game, and training camp moving south.Bad timing by Haslem, Goodell.

Then Hue Jackson came in and everyone loved the browns again! Now the mob is...anxious.

Maybe instead of $0.50 beer nite we should have Xanax nite...

La Canfora article... so it must be true...

And includes Jason's obligatory number of shots at the organization...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-owner-pledges-to-stay-the-course-at-recent-full-staff-meeting/

On a serious note... How could it be any other way?

Regardless of what is said, I believe that Hue will be let go on Jan 2 or so. It will be Brownhog Day once more. The firings have been so regular and predictable that probably no decent candidate would accept an offer to be HC of the Browns. Terrible waste of team legacy, fan base, and above all, draft picks. Hue probably could produce a winner eventually but the organization lacks patience and the ability to draft and develop talent. It is tragic and near criminal.

If they only would get people who could scout, draft, and develop players, any head coach they had would look a whole lot better.

Regardless of what is said, I believe that Hue will be let go on Jan 2 or so. It will be Brownhog Day once more. The firings have been so regular and predictable that probably no decent candidate would accept an offer to be HC of the Browns. Terrible waste of team legacy, fan base, and above all, draft picks. Hue probably could produce a winner eventually but the organization lacks patience and the ability to draft and develop talent. It is tragic and near criminal.

If they only would get people who could scout, draft, and develop players, any head coach they had would look a whole lot better.

Honestly not getting that impression at all.

As much as I love the classics... rock, jazz, classical... there comes a time when I get tired of hearing the same old thing.

I am officially there now with calls for and/or predictions of Hue's and/or the FO's impending demise.

If my math is correct that's four combos and ought to about cover it...

As much as I love the classics... rock, jazz, classical... there comes a time when I get tired of hearing the same old thing.

I am officially there now with calls for and/or predictions of Hue's and/or the FO's impending demise.

If my math is correct that's four combos and ought to about cover it...

LOL, & for the record. I wonder what Jimmy is going to do when he gets a load of this feedback. The Browns just sent out a fairly lengthy email "How we doing" survey to all the season ticket holders. Needless to say, I opened fire with both barrels. Both in the 1 to 10 strongly disagree\agree category, (if you think I dished out plenty of 1s, you'd be correct) and I blasted them in the free text comment section too. I would doubt I'm the only one who has an extremely negative view on how this season has gone down. In fact, I'll bet I'm in the majority opinion.

Q- What can we do to improve the overall fan experience? A- Duh, like win some games maybe? Told 'em I'm pretty fed up shelling out money to watch garbage.

LOL, & for the record. I wonder what Jimmy is going to do when he gets a load of this feedback. The Browns just sent out a fairly lengthy email "How we doing" survey to all the season ticket holders. Needless to say, I opened fire with both barrels. Both in the 1 to 10 strongly disagree\agree category, (if you think I dished out plenty of 1s, you'd be correct) and I blasted them in the free text comment section too. I would doubt I'm the only one who has an extremely negative view on how this season has gone down. In fact, I'll bet I'm in the majority opinion.

Q- What can we do to improve the overall fan experience? A- Duh, like win some games maybe? Told 'em I'm pretty fed up shelling out money to watch garbage.

LOL! Why would they even need to ask when the answers back will be so obvious. They would have been better off just admitting that 0-13 really sucks and was not their goal, but that the front office has learned a lot through mistakes made which will not recur in the upcoming FA period nor the 2017 draft.

Who's asking for Hue to be fired? Just because we are 0-13 doesn't mean this is all on Hue! Ray Farmer set us back in 2014 by passing on college stud Khalil Mack and then Derek Carr.

The past draft was Hue's first and it sucked! Really el stinko! But he does have some players that look pretty good like Ogbah, Nassib and Coleman.

2017 draft can't come fast enough. Hue will get it right and things will start going our way! But it doesn't hurt to pray!

Archived