THE BROWNS BOARD

Robert Griffin III Designated for Return

Zombo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember......but Ive now decided that they didnt leak their plan, simply because they didnt have one to leak..... ;)

Well....I don't think they had much of a plan for players.......other than to look at which players had the best numbers in college....which these guys did. But did they do much beyond that?

As I see it, their plan was always: trade down, get more picks.

How about this plan for next year: trade up....get more better players.

please god let rg3 start tomorrow.

on my first scheduled day out with the boys at the social club who are gints and jets fans. please let there be some common denominator character we can all yell at the the tv about. i mean i know i'm gonna get ragged ob all day but at least with rg3 i can say "see there's your nfc east running qb" as he get's clamped up to a stretcher.

please god let rg3 start tomorrow.

on my first scheduled day out with the boys at the social club who are gints and jets fans. please let there be some common denominator character we can all yell at the the tv about. i mean i know i'm gonna get ragged ob all day but at least with rg3 i can say "see there's your nfc east running qb" as he get's clamped up to a stretcher.

Just take a bottle of this along with you mik. One of best sipping rums the world has ever produced.

http://liquorliquidators.com/diplomatico-reserva-exclusiva-12-year-old-rum-750.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAperBBRDfuMf72sr56fIBEiQAPFXszVWOAcv66_Ksiswp0xvXfJ4e4H-Nq34QuO-QTS4nzIUaAkM_8P8HAQ

PS-I intend to have some during the game today to help remind me that there are other things that ease the pain-a great rum and a #1 overall should help equally.

At this point I'd rather see RG3 for a game than McCown. At least gives me a reason to pay close attention, instead of McCown's patented 'keep it close until the third quarter then hand them the game' approach. On back to back plays yesterday he 'took a shot downfield', what he's supposed to add that Kessler doesn't. One went to Pryor and was off target, but he got bailed out by Pryor being big and drawing a PI. The second was to Coleman, it was back shoulder when Coleman was free and clear over the top and he got bailed out of the pick by the defender being just out of bounds (yes Coleman has some blame in that too). Both cases were a prime example of him having a 'big arm' but also an 'inaccurate arm'.

If we hold tight on the number 1 pick and take Garrett, AND Mitch starts to slip a little bit...I wouldn't have an issue AT ALL with moving up to take him. Not sure what it would take to get it done, or how far we've have to move up, but if we somehow got Garrett and Mitch in round one...I'd probably shit.

If we hold tight on the number 1 pick and take Garrett, AND Mitch starts to slip a little bit...I wouldn't have an issue AT ALL with moving up to take him. Not sure what it would take to get it done, or how far we've have to move up, but if we somehow got Garrett and Mitch in round one...I'd probably shit.

If we pick 1st, then we have enough picks to try and move up to second. We could put a playmaker on both sides of the line. It may cost a number of lower picks but I'm all for getting a little star power on the team.

Or, vice versa.

Go Packers tonight.

"a number of lower picks"??? To climb a mid-1st to #2 overall???

Will this be your first draft?

Yea, lets say that the Eagles had say even the #10 pick. Per the draft value chart, #2 is worth 2600 pts. #10 is worth 1300 points. You are only half way there.

If you gave up #33 that is 580 points. That only puts you at 1880. #45 would be another 450...still at 2330. 270 short. We would have to give up our #65 as well, which is 265 pts. That puts you about there.

So....you get #1, and #2....and give up #10/33/47/65. That is a 4 for 1 trade. Do you think these analytics boys would do that?

With the Browns overall needs.....I say NYET!

I wonder if Philly's pick for us ends up at #22. ;)

Yea, lets say that the Eagles had say even the #10 pick. Per the draft value chart, #2 is worth 2600 pts. #10 is worth 1300 points. You are only half way there.

If you gave up #33 that is 580 points. That only puts you at 1880. #45 would be another 450...still at 2330. 270 short. We would have to give up our #65 as well, which is 265 pts. That puts you about there.

So....you get #1, and #2....and give up #10/33/47/65. That is a 4 for 1 trade. Do you think these analytics boys would do that?

The simpler way to get there Gip is the Eagles pick, a future first round, and our low second. The anal-litics guys would certainly balk.

I wonder if Philly's pick for us ends up at #22. ;)

Be afraid, very afraid. I would vote for trading out of it. ;)

The simpler way to get there Gip is the Eagles pick, a future first round, and our low second. The anal-litics guys would certainly balk.

Yes, they would... especially since you two are using the wrong chart.

I saw Hue cry about losing???????

So Tom Hanks was right. There's no crying in baseball. It must be for football. I can't say it made me proud to see our 0-12 HC shed tears.

You'd cry too when you realized that this FO sold your team down the river before you could even take a first step.

You'd cry too when you realized that this FO sold your team down the river before you could even take a first step.

I see Hue as a white Chris Palmer. Nice guy but in over his head. We need a stern coach that will get the youngsters in the right direction, then when you got the ship right...bring in the players coach. I really hope I'm wrong but we are going more backwards than forwards. And after 0-12 start, we gotta keep Hue even though he's sucking bilgewater.

Yes, they would... especially since you two are using the wrong chart.

What is the right chart. I did just Google NFL Draft value chart. It was a highly published one that has been used here many times.

And why are you making such a nudgy statement like that and just leave it. If you are so great and powerful, Oz, then give us the "correct" chart.

hey gip: still think the bengals are the best team in our division?

I think they actually do have the most talent........when that talent is healthy (which they are not). But then, the Bengals historically always seemed to get less out of their talent than any other team. That is why they are The Bungles.

I think they actually do have the most talent........when that talent is healthy (which they are not). But then, the Bengals historically always seemed to get less out of their talent than any other team. That is why they are The Bungles.

I put that on good ole starvin Marvin. He seems to coach wholly to not lose. And about half the time it works. But when he faces a coach that plays to win...Marvin is starvin

What is the right chart. I did just Google NFL Draft value chart. It was a highly published one that has been used here many times.

And why are you making such a nudgy statement like that and just leave it. If you are so great and powerful, Oz, then give us the "correct" chart.

As published in the Harvard Sports Analysis...

How to Value NFL Draft Picks

by Kevin Meers

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/how-to-value-nfl-draft-picks/

value3.jpg

The old system massively over values the earliest picks and significantly undervalues mid-to-late round picks. The regression line is clearly a better predictor of future value than the old chart.

career.jpg?w=1024&h=638

Archived