THE BROWNS BOARD

Robert Griffin III Designated for Return

Zombo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-QB-Robert-Griffin-III-designated-for-return/c4203cfa-8e26-48e1-8a9d-c0b861d4d4b3

Not playing this week. Browns have 21 days now to add him to the roster. I'm sure we'll see him after the bye.

Zombo

He may even get the starts for the rest of the season......if he stays healthy. And I say he has at best a 33% chance of staying healthy.

RG III 2.0 now looks like just another round in the chamber to be fired and see what happens. :huh:

I think you have to make it Quarters, and I'd set the Over/Under at 3.

Zombo

I would cut it down to plays. I'd say 13 plays and he gets hurt

Zombo

The way the o-line is currently playing (8 sacks given up against the Steelers) I wouldn't expect Griffin to last out the game either. It's almost Christmas- hey Robert, you're the pinata.

After the Bye. Well Perfect..We bring in the Bengals.Which Hogan sliced thru with a 100 yrd rushing.No Bernard & maybe a high hammy AJ. Next up at Bills where JM in past season was our only Offensive weapon running around till late fumble? Man would I love to knock the word playoffs out of a bills fans mouth..SD than at Steelers where Pryor will be throwing passes to himself :lol: ..Get this guy signed b4 Haslem drops the mic..

I like Griffin! My bet is he gets hurt in the first quarter against Cincy. The real challenge is "What player hurts him and will it be a shoulder injury again.

Sorry RG, I like you a lot but if you play again this year you're toast!

really?

he's an afterthought IMO after this season unless he suddenly has been infused with adamantium.

I need to read more comic books mik. My education is sadly lacking. Had to look up adamantium. I'm still back in the kryptonite stage of development. :blink:

really?

he's an afterthought IMO after this season unless he suddenly has been infused with adamantium.

I'm not crazy about him either, but if he looks ok they won't have to gamble on an unproven rookie high pick.

I'm not crazy about him either, but if he looks ok they won't have to gamble on an unproven rookie high pick.

Why gamble on a rookie, when you can go with someone who's already proven unreliable?

Once a player fails, the best thing to do is try & try again to get something outta him.....

My list of Browns, who have shown they are NOT the answer, is growing.....and RGIII, Kessler & Cam top my list

i understand your reasoning, but most of us knew the gamble of him getting hurt and that's what happened. i mean if they want to pay a guy such and such to play a game and 1/2 a year then sure.........

oh btw, what was the payout on that bet? prob had to spend $10 to win $3.

Yeah I was just hoping RG3 would survive and be productive so they could build the rest of the team.

Instead there's O line issues, QB issues, secondary issues, and pass ruch issues.

Crazy. Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Zombo

If I'm not mistaken we had a RG III thing going here before the season started .....in games, that went well. :(

I think the only way he survives at all is if he can scramble like a chicken. 5 quarters? But 3 sounds unfortunately more realistic.

Why gamble on a rookie, when you can go with someone who's already proven unreliable?

Once a player fails, the best thing to do is try & try again to get something outta him.....

My list of Browns, who have shown they are NOT the answer, is growing.....and RGIII, Kessler & Cam top my list

Erving - I saw he was another Farmer bust last year, I don't know why he's still on the roster.

RGIII - A china doll QB with rabbit in his blood...a bad combination.

Kessler - He's looking like a decent backup QB.

Erving - I saw he was another Farmer bust last year, I don't know why he's still on the roster.

RGIII - A china doll QB with rabbit in his blood...a bad combination.

Kessler - He's looking like a decent backup QB.

As Mud pointed out- great- we wasted a whole year finding our backup quarterback.

What worries me is Griffin will come back and play just good enough that we don't draft the QBOTF next year.

As Mud pointed out- great- we wasted a whole year finding our backup quarterback.

What worries me is Griffin will come back and play just good enough that we don't draft the QBOTF next year.

If the rumors are true, the Browns FO is hot for Trubisky. If so, great. Kessler and RG can ultimately be backups. Maybe RG becomes the McCown of the future. Takes the reigns for the first several games until the rookie...hopefully future franchise guy....can get wet behind the ears.

whatever game he starts this season he won't finish. The Browns Quarterbacks look like deer caught in the headlights. Josh McCown is awful, Cody Kessler is so not a franchise QB it's laughable! Play Kevin Hogan until he gets hurt and hope nobody dies!

Archived