THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns may need to cut McCown and Bo Callahan

Zombo

Griffin cleared to practice. Let's go Cody/Hogan until we activate him.

Josh's journey with us is over. Thanks for babysitting Johnny. And the helicopter thing last year. Good stuff. Go retire.

Z

Well if "Believeland" got us over the hump with Cavs & Tribe? Why not try our home stadium chanting for Joe "Bo" Callahan. He beat us in pre-season. His passing rotation can't be as bad as Hogan's looked. We have TP that can run a QB option. Without fans having to hide under their seats, not to watch the Hulkster Hogan turn into The Ultimate Warrior before Hawk & Animal show up for the QB Kill Shot.. McC-slim draft trade value? or a Beatles doing "I want to hold your hand" cause RG3-#huehadadream2..speaking of hump,bedtime :P

Griffin cleared to practice. Let's go Cody/Hogan until we activate him.

Josh's journey with us is over. Thanks for babysitting Johnny. And the helicopter thing last year. Good stuff. Go retire.

Z

If I was forced to choose Z- I'd send R Glass III to the Glass City- Toledo. By all means, sit Kessler, and start this bum- and prove beyond a doubt he's not on the 2017 roster.

Any source on this?

Updated: #Browns RG3 cleared for 'non-contact activity;' Likely won't practice this week. Might next week http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/11/robert_griffin_iii_cleared_to.html

So it will probably be a couple weeks before we can slide him behind Kessler.

Not sure why we are still carrying Bo Callahan, and I would think you would keep Hogan over McCown on age alone. Josh's contract is done, and with Griffin able to be the veteran guy, not sure why need to keep him either.

Zombo

If I was forced to choose Z- I'd send R Glass III to the Glass City- Toledo. By all means, sit Kessler, and start this bum- and prove beyond a doubt he's not on the 2017 roster.

I'm not advocating starting RG3, I wanna play Kessler.

But if Sashi says he's coming back, he's coming back. So how many QBs are we going to carry on a developing roster? I think Bo can go now, and Josh can go when Grif is ready, but we'll see.

Zombo

should probably change the title of this thread to something that would not imply that these players had been cut...

It is in Imperative (command) form.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but maybe English isn't your first language, judging by your screenname.

If I was reporting it would say "Browns Cut McClown and Bo Callahan" or "McClown and Bo Callahan cut by Browns".

But if you say "Cut McClown and Bo Callihan" you are asking, or commanding, for them to be cut.

Nonetheless I will change it up.

Zombo

It is in Imperative (command) form.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but maybe English isn't your first language, judging by your screenname.

If I was reporting it would say "Browns Cut McClown and Bo Callahan" or "McClown and Bo Callahan cut by Browns".

But if you say "Cut McClown and Bo Callihan" you are asking, or commanding, for them to be cut.

Nonetheless I will change it up.

Zombo

Some people talk in choppy sentences without pronouns though. Some could see it as an implied "we" at the beginning of the statement. When I first saw it, I read it as a command. But I remember the second time being like "we cut them?"

If anything I'd cut Robert or Kevin.

On a team loaded with youth, having McCown around showing these guys how to act and prep like a professional goes a long way.

I would like to add I would love to bring McCown back after he retires in as a coach. I believe that everything he has to offer the team is as a smart mentor.

I would like to add I would love to bring McCown back after he retires in as a coach. I believe that everything he has to offer the team is as a smart mentor.

Yep, with McCown being passed around like a cheap bottle of wine in the league there probably isn't much he hasn't seen. He has a good demeanor, combined with his experience I think he would make an excellent coach.

McC as a back-up/mentor? Absolutely...

McC as a QB Coach? Not sure... at least not when it comes to fundamentals...

"No, No, son, your delivery is way too short. Ya gotta rare back and reach back if ya wanna chuck it deep... or short... or anywhere for that matter."

But a plus would be you'd know where to look to sign your emergency QB. Wouldn't even incur travel expenses...

McC as a back-up/mentor? Absolutely...

McC as a QB Coach? Not sure... at least not when it comes to fundamentals...

"No, No, son, your delivery is way too short. Ya gotta rare back and reach back if ya wanna chuck it deep... or short... or anywhere for that matter."

But a plus would be you'd know where to look to sign your emergency QB. Wouldn't even incur travel expenses...

That's exactly my thought - you don't need him to do any actual coaching - maybe have him as 'rookie outreach assistant' or 'junior assistant undersecretary to QB assistant' or whatever. Sure he can maybe teach a few things, but he's basically just in the QB room going through the same motions, doesn't need to take snaps in practice, and is still on the sidelines doing his thing.

Archived