THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Overall, it has been a pretty good year for The Great Zomboni, Zelda the Wonderdawg, and Zoey the Intern. Once again, you were told last week that Pittsburgh and Baltimore would outright lose before the games took place.

But getting two or three right every week doesn't pay the bills around here. In fact I had Zoey work a car show this week to pick up some extra cash.

740full-mia-zarring.jpg

:

So, if we are going to get back on track, then we need to do what do best ... make air-tight guarantees.

That's right, I think the time is right to apply the fail-safe Great Zomboni Guarantee to one of these games this week, and let everyone make some money.

For those of you whom this is your first year reading TWITAFCN, let me explain how the Great Zomboni Guarantee works:

I guarantee shit. You bet your house on it. It happens. You own two houses.

But which of the two AFCN games this week is guarantee-worthy? Read on ...

Washington vs. Cincinnati, 9:30 AM, London

The Bungles are having a disappointing season (for them ... I predicted it), and it doesn't make matters any better that they lose a home game to this London crapola. But the trip shouldn't be all too bad, because once they start playing the game they will relaize that, while they are not good ... they are still slightly better than Washington. This one ends on a Kurt Cousins INT. BUNGLES 27 REDSKINS 24

**********************************************************GREAT ZOMBONI GUARANTEE*********************************************

New York Jets at Cleveland

Two teams with a QB identity crisis, but while the Jets are now forced to play the guy they didn't want anymore, the Browns are getting back the guy that gives them the best chance to win football games. The veteran Josh McCown will ignite energy into the Browns offense, and it will carry over not just into an improved passing game, but the blocking and run game will be at its season's best as well. Meanwhile, the Browns young pass rush is picking up steam and that should results in a couple game-changing INTs for Fitzpatrick. Browns win ... easily. I guarantee it. BROWNS 34 JETS 13

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

TGZ

**2016 Week 7** ... Prev ..... This ..... YTD
Straight-up ............ 11-13 .... 4 - 0 .... 15-13
Vs. the spread ........ 8-16 .... 2 - 2 .... 10-18

CIN v WSH (+3) @ London

To mediocre teams heading to identical 4-4 records at the halfway point...

CIN 34 WSH 24 or in Pounds Sterling CIN 27.87 WSH 19.67

NYJ @ CLE (+2.5)

Don't see many points in this one. Jets are #2 in rush defense, so there goes our run and PAP games. McC is not going to be timed up with our kiddie corps. Expect Barn to have a nice game. I do see a pick 6 for our D.

NYJ 23 CLE 17

OK time for one man's opinion NFL WEEK 8.......

Hue Jackson is a good man. Maybe one day he can resurrect the Browns. But that time isn’t occurring this season. It’s certainly not going to happen on Sunday. No team has been struck worse with quarterback injuries than poor Cleveland. Third-string rookie quarterback Cody Kessler is dealing with a concussion putting un-drafted rookie Kevin Hogan in line to start this game. Hogan is a better runner than thrower.

The Jets’ best defensive players are on their line. They are a tough team to run on. Wait, it’s gets worse for Cleveland. The Browns also have been through three centers. They’ve already been forced to try five different offensive line combinations due to injuries and poor play. The Jets are going to dominate the trenches, especially defensively with Leonard Williams, Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson, if he’s able to play.

Now here’s the scary part – Cleveland’s defense is even worse than its offense. Either Ryan Fitzpatrick or Geno Smith – both playing for their NFL futures and backed by Matt Forte and Brandon Marshall – can put up piles of points on a Browns defense that has allowed multiple touchdown passes in 15 of their last 16 games.

Joe Haden is the Browns’ best player in their secondary. He’s been out with a groin injury. Cleveland ranks among the bottom defensively in yards given up, points at 29.6 per contest and rushing yards. The Jets are in a kill mood, too, with their confidence restored after snapping a four-game losing streak. The Jets aren’t as bad as their 2-5 record having played the Bengals, Chiefs, Seahawks, Steelers and Cardinals. The Browns not only are far less talented, but inexperienced and injured.....

Too bleak? OR ripe for win 1 by the BROWNS!

-AND-

WASH +3 over CIN in £ondon at 9:30 am, how ungodly an hour for football.

NY JETS -2' over CLEVELAND, yes I've crumbled.

KC -2' over INDY

And no Pittsburgh?

-PLUS- NE -6' crushes BUF, DET +2' over HOU. Not many big points this week.

If McCown makes it through the whole game they still won't win. They have no defense. They rank next to last in every category. Haden is washed up so there won't be any pick sixes unless Boddy-Calhoun or whatever his name is plays. I still can't believe this team is worse than last year. How is that possible?

NY Jets 27

Browns 10

GO TRIBE

In fact I had Zoey work a car show this week to pick up some extra cash.

740full-mia-zarring.jpg

Zoey's Car show appearance puts new meaning to racks,frames,knobs & shine he hood ornaments everywhere

Washington vs. Cincinnati, 9:30 AM, London

17 27

New York Jets at Cleveland

17 20 ---we going to OT

Ben Gals groom for Ben's Gals run to end....But I got a good feelin when Hue pulled his headsets last week about this Defense.. Maybe now this Defense will start to come together..Haden get your helmet on & lets go

All the newly homeless should report to Naples, Florida for the winter... Now if Zoey would just lose her shirt...

CIN v WSH (+3) @ London
CIN 34 WSH 24
CIN 27 WSH 27 - T/L

NYJ @ CLE (+2.5)
NYJ 23 CLE 17
NYJ 31 CLE 28 - W/W

**2016 Week 7** ... Prev ..... This ..... YTD
Straight-up ............ 15-13 .... 1-0-1 ... 16-13-1
Vs. the spread ...... 10-18 ..... 1 - 1 .... 11-19

Archived