THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor UFA at the end of this year

Kvoethe

Yes paz the irreplaceable turnstile...sigh. We absolutely have to sign pryor at all costs. Once we get our qb shit in order he's numero uno go to guy. Hell the kind of receiving corp we're building around pryor is something good qb's around the league take notice of so if we cant do it through the draft....

Anyway, get tjis shit done before he gets poached by other teams. He's are only one true game breaker, the one guy nobody matches up with. Get him signed asap and we can look forward to him, coleman and barnidge being unstoppable once the right qb is found

At all costs? A guy that so far has shown only the fly route and the comeback? No... I want him signed, too, but not at all costs.

Give him a four-year-ish deal with a healthy base and guarantees, and, assuming it's allowed under the CBA, a performance package on top of it that triggers a higher base in the after years. A good faith deal with upside for him as his resume and his repertoire expands.

Do you really think he is irreplaceable?

I was going to ask the same thing about Crow. As much as I love him, he has to come at a reasonable price as he's no bell cow.

If you could only sign one, it's a close call, but given his trajectory, I'd lean to Paz... and I never would have thought that two months ago.

Neither is irreplaceable... few players are. So it's all about probability... and cost.

Give him a four-year-ish deal with a healthy base and guarantees, and, assuming it's allowed under the CBA, a performance package on top of it that triggers a higher base in the after years. A good faith deal with upside for him as his resume and his repertoire expands.

I don't understand why all contracts and structured like this (with injury insurance clauses).

He's replaceable but why should we? He's a solid player that's improved since joining the browns. He has played alongside Greco enough to have formed some comfort, why disrupt things unnecessarily?

Fair enough. Though I am not sure "solid" is accurate. The Scwhartz was solid. Bitonio is solid. Let's just say that he seems a serviceable backup....and should be compensated as such.

I don't care WHAT it takes to keep Pryor, we MUST keep him. He's too important, and he's still going to get better. To me, he's the face of our damn team. Not only did he play college ball in Ohio, but he's a hard worker, doesn't shy away from saying what needs to be said, and he's a legit red zone threat...even when double teamed. This deal needs to get done, like NOW. It's imperative because if he's signed, we can franchise Collins (who obviously doesn't want to be in Cleveland. Why would he?)

Signing Pryor provides us with a legit playmaker, a "heart" guy, and gives us the opportunity to keep our best defender. GET IT DONE, SASHI.

Fair enough. Though I am not sure "solid" is accurate. The Scwhartz was solid. Bitonio is solid. Let's just say that he seems a serviceable backup....and should be compensated as such.

Schwartz was top tier, Bitonio is top tier. Pasztor is not, but is solid enough to not be a worry.

Schwartz was top tier, Bitonio is top tier. Pasztor is not, but is solid enough to not be a worry.

A solid backup. Backup level talent is what he has shown. Browns need to draft an OC and an OT high.

I have already put my dibs on Elflein of Ohio St. for OC with our 2d second round pick

And I would like OT Ryan Ramcsyk of Wisconsin as the first pick of the second round.

In the first round: Defense.....unless they really think Mitch Tribisky is the guy at QB.

A solid backup.

Per PFF, he has been the #1 RT in the league from week 4 to the present, and the #9 overall tackle. He is not just a backup - he's an extraordinary starter. You are simply wrong. We do not need to draft OT next season.. and especially not a high pick.

Pazstor is than Schwartz.

Too many spots need upgrading to allow him to leave. Any pick used to "upgrade" his position would simply not be as good as him - AND that pick would mean that a different spot which also needs upgrading would not be upgraded from current incompetence.

Per PFF, he has been the #1 RT in the league from week 4 to the present, and the #9 overall tackle. He is not just a backup - he's an extraordinary starter.

Better than Schwartz.

Too many spots need upgrading to allow him to leave. Any pick used to "upgrade" his position would simply not be as good as him - AND that pick would mean that a different spot which also needs upgrading would not be upgraded from current incompetence.

Seriously? .....that is actually quite amazing. The way our QBs are getting hammered I would never have thunk it. I guess perhaps the problem with our OL then has been the center spot...you know who....and whoever is filling in for Bito..or Greco when he has had to move inside.

Per PFF, he has been the #1 RT in the league from week 4 to the present, and the #9 overall tackle. He is not just a backup - he's an extraordinary starter. You are simply wrong. We do not need to draft OT next season.. and especially not a high pick.

Pazstor is than Schwartz.

PFF can be on sometimes or really off. I have no idea what they are seeing in Pasztor.

PFF can be on sometimes or really off. I have no idea what they are seeing in Pasztor.

A page back I mentioned the biggie. His run blocking grade really inflates his overall stat. Dude is a tank. Yes his pass pro has gotten better to the point of average with room for improvement.

I'm willing to even say we don't necessarily need to draft RT high this year. Pass rusher, C and DB are first priorities.

Well for one thing they are seeing Paz every play... and not just when he screws up or is simply beaten badly enough to be featured in a replay, which is likely when you notice him. Not to mention that that is likely when he's in PassPro his improving, but still weaker, skill set.

And it's not just you, it's any "fan" watching a game... including me this year... and I try to focus on the OL... even replaying some plays between snaps to check what I missed or thought I saw. But it's no substitute for the hours I spent each week reviewing our OL the past couple years.

And what I have done pales compared to PFF's process.

On the previous page someone asked how PFF grades. Here it is:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Their expertise, reviews of grades and normalization combine to trump my efforts... although I did take some satisfaction in that most of the time my takes were relatively consistent with theirs.

Am i really the only one who understands the folks at PFF are trolling us so hard?

Apparently... you can start by telling me what you are talking about.

Here is PFF's OL unit summary ranking thru Week 10:

9. Cleveland Browns (74.4)

If the memory of Thursday night against the Ravens is still fresh in your mind, rest assured that the Browns’ offensive line has been better than that most of the season, despite being stressed significantly by the QBs it has been protecting. Cody Kessler has shown promise as a rookie, but holds the ball too long much of the time, and is the league’s most-pressured QB largely because of his own failings, and not those of the line. That being said, this is where the grades begin to fall off and O-lines look seriously flawed. C Cameron Erving has been a major disappointment as a center, struggling to run block or pass protect, while even LT Joe Thomas has shown signs of being mortal.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-11/

If the memory of Thursday night against the Ravens is still fresh in your mind, rest assured that the Browns’ offensive line has been better than that most of the season, despite being stressed significantly by the QBs it has been protecting. Cody Kessler has shown promise as a rookie, but holds the ball too long much of the time, and is the league’s most-pressured QB largely because of his own failings, and not those of the line. That being said, this is where the grades begin to fall off and O-lines look seriously flawed. C Cameron Erving has been a major disappointment as a center, struggling to run block or pass protect, while even LT Joe Thomas has shown signs of being mortal.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-11/

Wow. Rated 9th best overall. How bizarre, how bizarre. The suckage on defense is apparently mighty hard to overcome.

I wonder if our QB's who have been injured agree with all of that. Sure looked like Josh should have feared for his life the whole time he was in against the Ravens.

It's graded on each players assignment so if one fucks up the whole thing could fall down. As it has.

Correct... it's not a unit grade, but rather a "sum of the parts" grade.

During both this season and last, I think many people have a cognitive bias to simply believe "The O Line Stinks" whenever the offense has a bad play.

Last season PFF showed it was the RB/TE/H-back who couldn't block at all. This season, much of the same plus Turnstile Erving. That's a Garbage Pail Kid name..

We really DO need to get Pryor signed up.

He might not be great...but he doesn't drop a lot of balls...he's a playmaker. He's a threat. He's really athletic. We kind'a need guys like that.

...and at some point, the FO has to show that they can hang onto talent. Otherwise, who'd want to come here?

We have a brand new FO including a new structure and style. They've gone ahead and gutted their roster and drafted 14 guys. They get a pass on that. It's something somewhat expected in those situations. But now, they have to start showing that they're BUILDING the roster. To NOT get a deal done with Pryor will demonstrate the opposite.

It's getting to the point we need to get serious about signing these guys(Pryor and Collins).

I guess we could franchise tag one of them. I know I want to see them signed before the team sends me a bill for my season ticket renewal.

Archived