THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

While we were all proud of Carl Nassib being nominated for Defensive Rookie of the Week, the big news around The Great Zomboni's lair was our intern Zoey getting nominated for Rookie Prognosticator of the Week (by the Pickers And Prognosticators Society of Miami, Eastern Florida, Altamonte Springs and Redington Beach ... or PAPSMEAR) as she helped TGZ jump out to the sole lead among the 33 participants in the Browns Board Pro Pick'em League.

For her hard work, Zelda the Wonderdawg and I decided Zoey could pick out dinner this week.

BIG_0010859649.jpg

Nice choice.

Apparently she craves extra sausage, so we might keep this one around.

But this week is the Big Test. Two divisional games.

You gotta get them both right, Zoey, or next week you are cleaning the pool while Zelda and I are choosing dinner and making the picks.

Well, actually these picks look pretty easy this week, so I don't think she'll have any problems:

Baltimore at Cleveland 1:00 PM

The first home game in the Hue Jackson era and the Browns are already on two Quarterback #2. But don't fret, Browns fans, it is Raven-killer Josh McCown at the helm to steady the young ship. Josh likes his receivers big ... watch Gary Barnidge suddenly become a Pro Bowl weapon again and look for Terrell Pryor to start getting some "star" buzz after this one. Defensively, the Browns are going to keep sending their young guns after the QB ... and no one knows Joe Flacco's tendencies like his mentor Hue. Look for the Browns to bounce back Big at home, and for Ravens fans to realize "Oh ... it's going to be one of those years." BROWNS 29 RAVENS 23

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM

Meanwhile, over in Pittsburgh, the Bungles and Steelers will have a replay of the ugliest playoff game ever. I the Steelers having two big obstacles here: 1. The Bungles are a better team. 2. This is the regular season. The Bungles are awesome at the regular season. Should be a day in the park for Andy Dalton against soft Steeler D. BUNGLES 35 STEELERS 24

TGZ

A double-double week... and I am not talking about the new assistant.

Been dreading this one...

**2016 Week 1** ... Prev .... This ..... YTD
Straight-up ........... 00-00 ..... 2-2 .... 2 - 2
Vs. the spread ..... 00-00 ..... 1-3 .... 1 - 3

Bit of a rough start to the season, but more due to bad reads of non-AFCN opponents than our AFCN brethren. Namely I did not expect the Jets to be decent offensively, WSH to be so bad defensively or the Bills to just be so bad. No excuses this week...

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh (-3.0)

How is this not a PrimeTime matchup? At minimum it should be a featured late afternoon game... Even without the bloodsport aspects carried over from last season I don't see a better pairing in Week 2.

Pittsburgh still features the most explosive offense in the NFL, but their D remains suspect. Although weakened on Offense by the loss of Jones and Sanu, Cinci remains the most complete team in the division. I'm going with the balance...

Prediction: CIN 27 PTG 23

Baltimore @ Cleveland (+6.0)

I've been back and forth on this one all week...

• McC gives us our best chance to win... but he hasn't had time to time-up with his WRs...
  • Suggs gives JT fits and will eat Paz alive, but Dumervil is out...

In the end, however, it comes down to unit match ups and in those they have the edge on our fledglings at this point. Put another way, our game is also a question of balance. It is just that it is on a different scale than the other AFCN match up.

Prediction: BLT 24 CLE 13

A double-double week... and I am not talking about the new assistant.

Been dreading this one...

**2016 Week 1** ... Prev .... This ..... YTD

Straight-up ........... 00-00 ..... 2-2 .... 2 - 2

Vs. the spread ..... 00-00 ..... 1-3 .... 1 - 3

Bit of a rough start to the season, but more due to bad reads of non-AFCN opponents than our AFCN brethren. Namely I did not expect the Jets to be decent offensively, WSH to be so bad defensively or the Bills to just be so bad. No excuses this week...

How is this not a PrimeTime matchup? At minimum it should be a featured late afternoon game... Even without the bloodsport aspects carried over from last season I don't see a better pairing in Week 2.

Pittsburgh still features the most explosive offense in the NFL, but their D remains suspect. Although weakened on Offense by the loss of Jones and Sanu, Cinci remains the most complete team in the division. I'm going with the balance...

I've been back and forth on this one all week...

• McC gives us our best chance to win... but he hasn't had time to time-up with his WRs...
  • Suggs gives JT fits and will eat Paz alive, but Dumervil is out...

In the end, however, it comes down to unit match ups and in those they have the edge on our fledglings at this point. Put another way, our game is also a question of balance. It is just that it is on a different scale than the other AFCN match up.

Correct sir

Stools vs Bungles is a game I always hate to pick, cause I want em both to lose.....still....the Stools take em.....

Bungles 17 - Pittspuke 31

Now, the Browns Ravens game has been a close match the last few years, but.....and its a big butt....I just haven't seen this team score yet.....(we are averaging 10 pts a game for the 4 preseason and 1 real game)....soooo, I just dont see us holding anyone to less than 2 TD's and the Browns haven't shown(even once) that they can score more than 2 Td's......Do they have a break out game this week???......nope, sorry....

Ravens 28 - Browns 13

BIG_0010859649.jpg

Nice choice.

Baltimore at Cleveland 1:00 PM

23 27 Hue's STFU Game

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM

26 30

Z can Zoey do Pizza Deliveries on Titty Tuesdays & Thirsty Thursdays?

(from vegasinsider.com )

09/18 1:00 PM

267 Baltimore

268 Cleveland +2' open 43' now +6 42' <-- this line shot way up and back to +4'or 5 or maybe 5' Sunday kind of all all the place depending on where you look.

CLE-QB-Josh McCown-Probable | CLE-QB-Robert Griffin III-OUT | TV: CBS, DTV: 705 | PARTLY CLOUDY, 20% CHANCE LIGHT SHOWERS. WEST WIND 6-11. GAME TEMP 76, RH 71% HEAT INDEX 79

So there you go. .......

I just searched images of "pizza tits".....it's worth it guys.....just saying

Might be better than the game.....just saying.

(not necessarily a sad commentary on the BROWNS mind you ;) )

Final: PTG 24 CIN 16 - LL/LL

Final: BLT 25 CLE 20 - WW/LL

**2016 Week 2** ... Prev .... This ..... YTD
Straight-up ........... 2 - 2 ..... 2 - 2 .... 4 - 4
Vs. the spread ..... 1 - 3 ..... 0 - 4 .... 1 - 7

Archived