THE BROWNS BOARD

Roster Moves

Zombo

Add DE Dylan Wynn to the waived list. Word is maybe looking for a FB? M.Johnson in concussion protocol & P. Skov left foot in boot after yesterday. R. Mostert seeing time at FB for now with nice run yesterday. Hue & staff may evaluate talent quickly. Boffeli was on NFI (knee/ankle). Jeffcoat was on PUP with hammy. Dylan Wynn was out with ankle. "Can't make the club in the tub" in full affect.

You guys reading about first year TE Connor Hamlet from Oregon State? From what I read, he "always gets open and catches everything." Now, normally I wouldn't put TOO much thought into this stuff, but considering the absence of TE depth on our team, this guy could really help us. I mean, the guy is 6'7 and 259 pounds with hands and at least some speed. Not sure when we invited him to camp, but he's making the most of his opportunities.

You guys reading about first year TE Connor Hamlet from Oregon State? From what I read, he "always gets open and catches everything." Now, normally I wouldn't put TOO much thought into this stuff, but considering the absence of TE depth on our team, this guy could really help us. I mean, the guy is 6'7 and 259 pounds with hands and at least some speed. Not sure when we invited him to camp, but he's making the most of his opportunities.

To be, or not be ... The backup Tight End ... That is question.

Z

I'm not sure it's that much of a backup position to be honest. Clearly, Barnidge is heading for Canton, but there'll be plenty of two TE sets, and we'll need whoever our TE2 is to be at least close to starter-level. Probably we can get by with one TE who is at that level in blocking, and one in receiving, but it's not like we can just trot out a bunch of scrubs there. Supposing Barnidge gets hit early and has to sit out a month - we could be in real trouble.

Forget the RB depth, or WR depth, TE depth is where we have concerns.

Hopefully we'll use a good amount of 12 personnel.. Better to pull a tight end and have him lead thru the hole than ask a "FB" who simply isn't an NFL-caliber player to do the same. 2xTE also gives more options in the pass game than 1xTE, 1xFB.

Or, start 3xWR like many teams do - Pryor, Higgins, Coleman in week 1.

Johnson last season redefined sucking. The sooner the charade of "Malcolm Johnson, Professional Football Player" ends, the better everyone will be.. including him. Concussions aren't fun.

Bibbs has looked good as well. I am more concerned with whether or not they can block. TE blocking last year was atrocious.

Bibbs has looked good as well. I am more concerned with whether or not they can block. TE blocking last year was atrocious.

That's a pretty fair point, and something I've neglected. I'm not even sure WHO our blocking TE will be. Even our draft pick, Seth Devalve, appears to be more a receiving threat (I could be mistaken, but I don't think so).

Dray was our best blocking TE... and last year he sucked...

Not sure about Bibbs since he did not see the field in 2015, but we know neither Barn nor DeValve hold much promise in that regard.

Didn't we sign a FA a few weeks ago that comes from a school that emphasizes their TEs blocking?

Didn't we sign a FA a few weeks ago that comes from a school that emphasizes their TEs blocking?

Duke-TE-David Reeves 6'4" 255. leaving Hamlett, JP Holtz, Bibbs or R. Telfer.. Reeves can block & Telfer use to could..

Some early movement at bottom of roster;

http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-sign-LB-Jason-Neill-OL-Corey-Tucker/a4887e57-22a4-49cf-913c-7c31e3be9a63

Anybody notice Cory Tucker went to South Park HS good enough for me!!! Pro bowl baby??

Z

So I see Kellen Moore has broken his ankle and is out for, well, probably ever because he's Kellen Moore. So Cowboys are in the market for a serviceable backup QB. Think they'd be interested in McCown? And what would you want in exchange? We probably wouldn't get much more than a 7th round pick, maybe a conditional 6th.

So I see Kellen Moore has broken his ankle and is out for, well, probably ever because he's Kellen Moore. So Cowboys are in the market for a serviceable backup QB. Think they'd be interested in McCown? And what would you want in exchange? We probably wouldn't get much more than a 7th round pick, maybe a conditional 6th.

He was mentioned on the NFL channel yesterday as a possibility. I don't know if RG3 is any more durable than Romo so I hate to see us knee jerk McCown outta town for disappointing exchange value.

So Cowboys are in the market for a serviceable backup QB. Think they'd be interested in McCown? And what would you want in exchange? We probably wouldn't get much more than a 7th round pick, maybe a conditional 6th.

I'd take a player & give up a 6th or 7th for a decent DB, OL or DE (all suspended in Dallas). When do we start stocking up to many draft picks to cut? McCown's value to Us is more than a 6th or 7th..Manhell F'd himself again..

Maybe more likely Austin Davis......after all, he should be popular in Texas....expecially in the state capital.

He was mentioned on the NFL channel yesterday as a possibility. I don't know if RG3 is any more durable than Romo so I hate to see us knee jerk McCown outta town for disappointing exchange value.

I hold McC waiting for a starter for a contender to go down in Pre-season. Then I think a conditional 4th is a reasonable price tag.

With Foles back in Reid's loving arms I'd turn to Bryce Petty for depth.

http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/s/35610/201?itemUri=-1861016346/13791414136317470111112559

Skov waived, FB from Green Bay, and RB Raijon Neal added.

Neal was a hoss coming out of TN not too long ago...

I hold McC waiting for a starter for a contender to go down in Pre-season. Then I think a conditional 4th is a reasonable price tag.

With Foles back in Reid's loving arms I'd turn to Bryce Petty for depth.

Neal was a hoss coming out of TN not too long ago...

Petty is a good idea. Another guy from Baylor.

We could have 4 guys from Baylor starting in our offense at some point this year.

Coleman

Drango

RG3

Gordon

Baylor North?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey we signed a WR today... and cut one...

Signed: Josh Boyce

Released: Dennis Parks (injured)

Press Release:

The Cleveland Browns have signed WR Josh Boyce. The team also waived/injured WR Dennis Parksicon-article-link.gif.

Boyce is 5-11, 205 pounds and officially in his second season out of TCU. Originally selected by New England in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft, Boyce has appeared in 10 games with three starts. He has totaled nine receptions for 121 yards. He has spent most of 2016 with the Colts prior to being waived on Aug. 16. A native of Copperas Cove, Texas, he graduated from Copperas Cove High School.

Parks was signed by the Browns on May 20, 2016.

Archived