THE BROWNS BOARD

Who is out of a Job?

The Gipper

I think you have it right as Browns list Ogbah as LB, and Nasib as DL, which makes sense for a 6'7" dude .... put some more meat on the frame and make a 3-4 defensive end out of him.

Zombo

I think you have it right as Browns list Ogbah as LB, and Nasib as DL, which makes sense for a 6'7" dude .... put some more meat on the frame and make a 3-4 defensive end out of him.

Zombo

JJ Nassib.

Could be a rocking young D after we shed a few more vets in a year or two:

Nassib - Shelton - Cooper

Ogbah - Scooby - Schobert - Orchard

Haden - Gilbert? - Kwan/Caldwell

Campbell -Kidrick.

Next year we will probably look to strengthen the DBs and add another ILB

Zombo

If the Browns were smart they would keep McCown purely from a mentor aspect. I would practice squad Shaw, and cut Davis and keep the other 3 QBs at least through training camp and see how it all plays out.

Could be a rocking young D after we shed a few more vets in a year or two:

Nassib - Shelton - Cooper

Ogbah - Scooby - Schobert - Orchard

Haden - Gilbert? - Kwan/Caldwell

Campbell -Kidrick.

Next year we will probably look to strengthen the DBs and add another ILB

Zombo

Next year we'll know if we are going to be drafting a 'franchise' QB - if we're near the top, then yes, otherwise no. I can see only SF giving us competition, as it stands, for both QB and top spot.

If the Browns were smart they would keep McCown purely from a mentor aspect. I would practice squad Shaw, and cut Davis and keep the other 3 QBs at least through training camp and see how it all plays out.

I think they are wise to hold on to McCown until they know what they have with Silk.

We may get offers for McCown if a QB or two around the league goes down in Camp.

Shaw and Davis are welcome to be camp arms, but aren't making the final roster.

Zombo

Solomon is gone already. I just want to know who is the backup left Tackle?

Good point.

I guess they are thinking that Joe hasn't missed a snap yet, why should he start now?

We'll see who get reps at LT in preseason, They may play Coleman and Drango Unchained there just so they can feel for the position.

Zombo

The team almost beat the ratbirds. Hey I don't have a problem if you want to stay loyal to Connor Shaw.

I like Ken Dorsey and he was irrelevant too.

:)

WSS

Glad you brought up Dorsey Steve. Walter Football is making it sound like Kessler is worse than Dorsey..

Hakim was also let go...

The Cleveland Browns have terminated the contract of LB Scott Solomon and waived WR Saalim Hakim.

Alvin Bailey in Sea. played RT,LT,LG & Shon Coleman will battle for RT, but prefer Bailey at LT before a rookie in Coleman at LT behind JT? See a lot of build it like the Panther's defense but their LB's were in place first than they put studs up in front of them to keep LB's clean. We should be better up front (we said that last season too) but damn that back end is slowing & small. Rahim Moore is 6'1" than we drafted shorter. Back end needs to create some jobs..

I don't think Caldwell is really going to compete for starting time, at least not this year, and Kindred is probably also a backup to Campbell/Moore/Poyer.

With Haden healthy, Williams can go back to #2, where he's not so much of a liability, and an upgraded pass rush will help the back end out.

Horton and Pettine have opposite philosophies when it comes to D - Pettine is all about elite corners that can give the pass rush time to get home, Horton is all about not getting to the QB before the receivers come open.

Glad you brought up Dorsey Steve. Walter Football is making it sound like Kessler is worse than Dorsey..

Or, maybe he will be as good as Brian Sipe. Another skinny, weak armed SoCal boy.

(though....I expect him to be more like Paul McDonald.....fellow USC grad....a backup)

The flea circus is walkin' the tightrope for sure.

"So she painted on a smile and took up with some clown
While she danced without a net upon the wire

Fly high and proud
And if you should fall, remember you almost had it all.

Baby saw that when they pulled that big top down
They left behind her dreams among the litter"

Or alternatively...

I'm up on the tight rope
One side's hate and one is hope
But the top hat on my head
Is all you see
And the wire seems to be
The only place for me
A comedy of errors
And I'm falling
Like a rubber-neck giraffe
You look into my past
Well, maybe you're just
Too blind to (thump thump thump) see
I'm up in the spotlight
Ohh, does it feel right?
Ohh, altitude
Seems to get to me
I'm up on the tight wire
Flanked by life and the funeral pyre
Putting on a show
For you to see
Like a rubber-neck giraffe
You look into my past
Well, maybe you're just
Too blind to see
- Leon Russell

Sashi Brown and Paul De-Pud-Duster

You saw the movie dead man walking? You got two.

You watch that HGTV show "Flip or Flop" much? Now you're off the Sashi & DePo bandwagon just because they didn't draft your guy Lynch? At least they didn't draft an offensive lineman till the third round- that should make you happy. Rich is all about playmakers- well, we drafted 4 wide receivers, plus a tight end, and a couple (supposedly) studly pass rushers. .

We did draft a quarterback- just not the one you wanted. Not particularity the one I wanted either, but we'll see- & see if you're right about Lynch.

I may not like it, but I get what the Browns are doing. Ray Farmer screwed up the Browns roster so badly it was impossible to fix in one year. There's more holes in it than Swiss cheese. If it wasn't for the damn tiebreaker, the Browns would have been drafting first this year, not the Titans. I'll put the over\under on Browns wins this year at 2 1\2. If you remember the mantra "Suck for Luck"- well, that's EXACTY what the Browns are doing- though they won't admit it. FWIW, next year's QB class is supposedly far superior to this years- and with all those extra selections- the Browns will almost certainly have the pick of the litter.

Archived