THE BROWNS BOARD

Who do you want at 8?

Hoodums19

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for all that bitched about the last regime y'all seem fine with what sashi just did.

looks like ray farmer all over again.

paxton lynch is a bum.

Goddamn miktoxic. Talk about a Debbie downer shit. How do you figure Lynch is a bum?

Why not Jack? Knee?

It's fit and projection more than knee. I watched a good amount, and my draft nerd analyst friend has been adamantly against picking him since the season. He predicted the hype would blow up like it has too.

Goddamn miktoxic. Talk about a Debbie downer shit. How do you figure Lynch is a bum?

dude. have you seen 'the game'. that's all there is to know. if people think goff and wentz were projects or 'not worthy' then lynch doesn't even belong on the same board.

hell IMO he's worse than any fucking #22 pick or later we've had since........ever. hey i might be wrong BUT besides gilbert and claiborne and milner, i've been dead on. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Why not Jack? Knee?

Turf & Weather. It's not as bad as the old Browns Stadium. But it has no lid, Seasonal weather wear still adds to some nasty divots even in Shitsburg which is now the worst.

It's fit and projection more than knee. I watched a good amount, and my draft nerd analyst friend has been adamantly against picking him since the season. He predicted the hype would blow up like it has too.

I'm curious if you could even more into that because through admittedly only watching the "drive-through" highlights of a few games I think he's got game-changing ability. The knee doesn't bother me at all but I think it will bother enough of the top 7 teams for him to fall to us.

Well, I am off the QB bandwagon at 8. I liked Wentz and Goff, but they are gone and the other guys are (big time) reaches to me at that spot, better off seeing who is on our board on day two or picking up a guy on day 3 and rolling with Grif and McCown for a year.

I don't know where Lynch and Cook are set to go, I think they are good prospects but I would not spend a first rounder on them. If they happen to be around on Day two and Hugh gives his seal of approval, go for it.

As I have said, this week was a very good week for RG3, he looks like he is getting a two-year run as the starter at this point, I hope he blows things up in year one so we know if we have our guy.

At 8 ... say no to Zeke. This team is being built for 2018-19 we can add the RB later, we have some decent talent at the position, I don't see it as an immediate big need.

With QB off my table at 8, WR becomes our biggest need IMO. But it doesn't appear to be a big year for top-level WRs outside of Treadwell. There seems to be some debate on him and his worthiness this high in the draft, but I would love a first round talent at WR, so he tops my list on that side of the ball.

Otherwise, we go Conklin the OT (I say "no") or defense.

I like Vernon Hargreaves a lot. He has all of the instincts and scrappiness Justin Gilbert seems to lack.

And I love Deforest Buckner ... if he is there, it would seem difficult to pass on him as we could plug him in as 3-4 defensive end for years and he would be entering his prime mauling people when we are a set to be a really good team a couple years down the road.

So I am in Camp Buckner/Hargreaves/Treadwell.

Come away with one of those three guys if we stay at 8.

Zombo

I'm in camp Buckner.

I wouldn't mind trade down with Tits for Treadwell and another pick.

I will join you in that Camp. He tops my list, but i am not sure he will be there. So Hargreaves and Treadwell are my backups.

Zombo

Treadwell at 8 is a bit reachy. There will be a good player there. Bosa, Buckner, tunsil, Stanley, Ramsay, Jack - there's six players, one of whom be available at 8 for sure, possibly more if people love Elliott or Lynch. All better than treadwell.

Treadwell at 8 is a bit reachy. There will be a good player there. Bosa, Buckner, tunsil, Stanley, Ramsay, Jack - there's six players, one of whom be available at 8 for sure, possibly more if people love Elliott or Lynch. All better than treadwell.

That's why I added the clause if we trade down with the tits.

I don't think Buckner will be available at 8, but he COULD be. The thing is, most teams in the NFL run a 3-4 defense, and Buckner is a prototypical 3-4 defensive end. He can rush the passer and stop the run. I really think he'll be gone, but there is certainly a chance he will be there for us. If he IS there, then I think he's the obvious choice. He fills a huge need...several needs...and I'd be quite happy with him on our beleaguered defense.

Now, if he's not there, than I think it's time to look at Bosa...even though I REALLY don't want him. According to our radio guys, and various other news reports, Bosa is better tailored to be a 4-3 DE. This is NOT to say that he can't learn the OLB position, but for immediate impact, I believe it's safe to say that he will be a situational player, and not an immediate starter. This is normal for many college pass rushers that make the transition to OLB in the pros.

I also don't expect Zeke Elliott to be available, but if he somehow is, than I would LOVE to draft this kid. Hue Jackson likes to run the ball, and he has shown the propensity to use a small back (Bernard) and a power back (Hill). We have the small guy in Duke, but not really the power guy (still don't fully trust Crow as a feature back). If we draft Zeke, we have a main cog in our offense, and somebody that the opposing defense has to gameplan around.

Ok, so what if Buckner, Zeke, AND Bosa are somehow all gone? I think it's safe to say that Ramsey is gone too, right? In fact, what is the mock draft in our heads for the first 7 picks?

1. Rams - Goff

2. Eagles - Wentz

3. Chargers - Tunsil

4. Cowboys - Bosa (or Ramsey)

5. Jacksonville - Ramsey (or Bosa)

6. Ravens - Wildcard pick here. I honestly don't know. Buckner? Myles Jack? Zeke Elliott? Ronnie Stanley? Hargraves? Let's say ZEKE ELLIOTT.

7. 49's - Buckner

8. Browns - ???

You see how difficult it is to see who will be available? And what makes it even harder is the fact that we'll probably see another trade coming before us, and I'm thinking it would be for Zeke if anybody.

The players that COULD be available are: Bosa, Myles Jack, Zeke Elliott (doubtful), Ronnie Stanley, Hargraves, and POSSIBLY Buckner, although I doubt it. One of these players will be available...

Treadwell or Doctson at 8 is a little reachy for me, but the trade I've been hearing about is the Dolphins trading up with us from 13 in order to grab Zeke Elliott. I don't see that happening because I expect Zeke Elliott to be gone by #8, but if he somehow slips to us, then I think we jump all over it, and THEN we take either Treadwell or Doctson at 13.

I like both WR's, but Treadwell provides what I'm looking for. I don't care about his speed as much as I care about his ability to go up and pluck the ball from the sky. He's the red zone "jump ball" guy we haven't had in forever. We need that type of player so badly. As the draft gets closer, I'm seeing Doctson more and more as the #1 WR, but I want Treadwell for our needs.

But, Ghoolie....this augurs that they may make at go at your boy Lynch.

If we draft Lynch does Ghoolie become a Browns fan?

Zombo

--No ... he would blame the browns for ruining Lynch after his first preseason game.

Well, I am off the QB bandwagon at 8.

And I love Deforest Buckner ... if he is there, it would seem difficult to pass on him as we could plug him in as 3-4 defensive end for years and he would be entering his prime mauling people when we are a set to be a really good team a couple years down the road.

So I am in Camp Buckner/Hargreaves/Treadwell.

Welcome...

The players that COULD be available are: Bosa, Myles Jack, Zeke Elliott (doubtful), Ronnie Stanley, Hargraves, and POSSIBLY Buckner, although I doubt it. One of these players will be available...

Pretty sure one has to be there... ;)

Yes, hard to project. Hoping Buckner, but if not, and it happened to be Bosa, then this is the range where the risk of diminishing his skills in a 3-4 starts to balance with the draft position.

OTs are too deep to spend an 8th on a RT...

Still too early, in our rebuild to take a RB (even Zeke)...

WR quality is insufficient to take one at 8...

Jack? If there is any, and I mean any, question about his knee we have to pass. With out history we simply cannot afford to take any risk...

Hargreaves? TBH, I have not even considered him. Still adjusting to the move down...

Get cardale jones in the third. You have enough picks to justify it.

Watched his Gruden Camp last nite... Have to say he was the most relaxed of all the prospects I've seen sitting in the film room with Chuckie. I was impressed with his poise.

On the field? Little different... really basic stuff especially compared to Goff's and Wentz's episodes, and even then there were "a few" problems.

I would not take him before Day 3.

Archived