THE BROWNS BOARD

Our next President...

One Post

Trump was a major beneficiary of the GOP rules in this state.

There are probably fewer Republicans in NY than Wisconsin, but that smaller number of voters is going to give Trump a bigger delegate haul.

My guess is that the delegates each state receives are apportioned based on that states overall population, not sure, but when the GOP is outnumbered so badly in NY yet still offers up 95 delegates, that is just one more reason for Trump to quit whining about the "rigged system". He had a great advantage. Fewer voters gave him more delegates.

Of course, you won't hear a single word of complaint from Cruz. He understands the rules, and did his best in what has to be a near impossible situation. I wouldn't be surprised if the loser of Sanders and Clinton still get more votes than Trump.

Not exactly a conservative-friendly state.

Never considered this before. Humm

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump was a major beneficiary of the GOP rules in this state.

There are probably fewer Republicans in NY than Wisconsin, but that smaller number of voters is going to give Trump a bigger delegate haul.

My guess is that the delegates each state receives are apportioned based on that states overall population, not sure, but when the GOP is outnumbered so badly in NY yet still offers up 95 delegates, that is just one more reason for Trump to quit whining about the "rigged system". He had a great advantage. Fewer voters gave him more delegates.

Of course, you won't hear a single word of complaint from Cruz. He understands the rules, and did his best in what has to be a near impossible situation. I wouldn't be surprised if the loser of Sanders and Clinton still get more votes than Trump.

Not exactly a conservative-friendly state.

Trump was a beneficiary of what happens when people actually vote. Wisconsin was the product of cheeseheads who voted for Scott Walker - hardcore establishment push went on there and I haven't really heard Trump complain about the loss.

Trump's only complained about states that haven't voted and give delegates to Cruz.

Also the voter #s in NY GOP primary were not that much lower than Wisconsin, you also had to be registered republican way back in October in order to vote - without that rule there likely would have been many more NY GOP voters.

Anyway, Cruz is mathematically eliminated. Trump is going to win all of the states by the end of the next Tuesday - he's betting solely on Indiana to prevent Trump from getting enough delegates, but it won't work as Trump is polling @ 50% in CA

Trump actually got fewer votes in New York than Cruz did in Wisconsin, or than Rubio did losing either Florida or Texas (and Rubio got a whopping 3 delegates for his 1.2 million votes in those two contests).

13012766_10153570201653519_1266832412722

13,000 less not much of a big deal.

Also if you didn't have to register way back in October, I suspect the numbers would have been a lot higher. Many people, including his kids, couldn't vote because of that.

RIGGED SYSTEM– New York: 526,775 = 89 Delegates; Wisconsin: 531,129 = 36 Delegates

Uh-huh. Some “Rigged System”.

According to my math, Trump Delegates are clearly worth more than Cruz delegates. But, that would only make sense, because, as we all know, people from New York are more important than people from Wisconsin.

Right? Can you imagine if the roles were reversed here? If Senator Cruz had lost Wisconsin, but won New York, Donald Trump would currently be planning an all-day Fox News Armageddon Report complaining about how the people of Wisconsin don’t have nearly the representation in the Republican Party as the people of New York. He’d be sending Roger Stoned out to threaten Reince Preibus to straighten up and fly right, or he’d better start checking his back seat before climbing into his car…

Thankfully, though, Cruz is a thoroughgoing federalist - and he doesn’t act like a sixth grader who just got cut from Pee Wee Football. Those who support Senator Cruz tend to follow his statesman-like example.

Actually, we Cruz supporters understand the role of “Federalism”, and accept the results of the primary election process at face value. We tend not to have hissy fits, send goons to rough up potential delegations, cry and moan about the unfairness of it all, that there isn’t “one man, one vote”.

New York has more delegates available because there are more PEOPLE that live in New York. Unfortunately (as the latest election results bear out), the overwhelming majority of them are Democrats , and Republicans are barely a blip on the map. But, this actually helps reinforce the brilliance of the founders and the system they put in place.

Only when it helps Trump or his minions of supporters do they care about consistency and fairness.

Whenever it helps Trump, he supports quirks that work to help him, but only complains on the ones that do not, selectively.

As far as I'm aware, and as should absolutely be the case, the number of delegates is based on the population at large, and I think you'll agree there are a lot more people in New York state than Wisconsin.

The fact that fewer people, proportionately, voted in the primary, is both a representation of the 'redness' of the state and the engagement level of voters. Neither is screwing Trump or Cruz in any state.

If you want to argue to proportionate allocation of delegates, based on voting percentage over whatever system is used currently then I'm all in with you, but that's how the system works.

"Next Tuesday will be an equally bad day for the not-Trump forces. I would expect that Trump will get either all or nearly all the delegates that are on offer in the slate of New England states that vote in one week. I expect that Wolf Blitzer and John King might have a literal crown made, complete with precious jewels, and will place it on Trump’s head on live television, during next Tuesday’s post-primary coverage.

Of course, CNN and the other networks have been calling this thing over since Trump won South Carolina – but Republican voters have always had other ideas. And the simple fact is that if you had looked at the primary calendar on day one, you could easily have predicted that April 19th and 26th would be Donald Trump’s biggest days in the entire primary. And yet, even if he sweeps or nearly sweeps next Tuesday, he’s still going to be sitting around 950 delegates, or 970 at most.

The month of May is likely to be a bloodbath for Trump. Ted Cruz has done an admirable job of locking down Washington, and Oregon is likely to follow suit. Trump isn’t even meaningfully contesting Nebraska. West Virginia is a wildcard, because no one knows how the South would have voted in a three-man race. The key lynchpin of the entire month will be Indiana, where Trump will be running against an extremely strong headwind. It’s entirely possible that Trump gets 20 delegates or less in the entire month of May.

The end result of this is that Trump is going to go into the final contest of the primary still needing to get about 80% of the delegates that are up for grabs on that day. And given that he is likely to get blanked in Montana and South Dakota, his chances of achieving that look increasingly slim.

The most likely result right now, even after last night’s voting, is that Trump ends up somewhere between 1100 and 1200 pledged delegates. The decision, then, is still likely to be made at the convention, even after all is said and done.

So don’t buy the hype. This thing isn’t over, not by a long shot."

RIGGED SYSTEM New York: 526,775 = 89 Delegates; Wisconsin: 531,129 = 36 Delegates

Uh-huh. Some Rigged System.

According to my math, Trump Delegates are clearly worth more than Cruz delegates. But, that would only make sense, because, as we all know, people from New York are more important than people from Wisconsin.

Right? Can you imagine if the roles were reversed here? If Senator Cruz had lost Wisconsin, but won New York, Donald Trump would currently be planning an all-day Fox News Armageddon Report complaining about how the people of Wisconsin dont have nearly the representation in the Republican Party as the people of New York. Hed be sending Roger Stoned out to threaten Reince Preibus to straighten up and fly right, or hed better start checking his back seat before climbing into his car

Thankfully, though, Cruz is a thoroughgoing federalist - and he doesnt act like a sixth grader who just got cut from Pee Wee Football. Those who support Senator Cruz tend to follow his statesman-like example.

Actually, we Cruz supporters understand the role of Federalism, and accept the results of the primary election process at face value. We tend not to have hissy fits, send goons to rough up potential delegations, cry and moan about the unfairness of it all, that there isnt one man, one vote.

New York has more delegates available because there are more PEOPLE that live in New York. Unfortunately (as the latest election results bear out), the overwhelming majority of them are Democrats , and Republicans are barely a blip on the map. But, this actually helps reinforce the brilliance of the founders and the system they put in place.

Only when it helps Trump or his minions of supporters do they care about consistency and fairness.

Whenever it helps Trump, he supports quirks that work to help him, but only complains on the ones that do not, selectively.

There's 8 million plus people (documented) in new york city alone. That's more than in many states total. 19.5 million for the state

Let's all keep in mind that in his home state of roughly 20 million people (of which 5.6 million were registered Republicans in the 2012 election, Trump got 519,000 votes. Bernie even lapped him! No matter how he spin it, it doesn't seem to me like most of NY cared enough to get out and vote for him. There's your NY values for you.

Let's all keep in mind that in his home state of roughly 20 million people (of which 5.6 million were registered Republicans in the 2012 election, Trump got 519,000 votes. Bernie even lapped him! No matter how he spin it, it doesn't seem to me like most of NY cared enough to get out and vote for him. There's your NY values for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012#New_York

Total republican votes in the primary in 2012 ~ 190k

Total republican votes in the primary in 2016 ~ 850k

Clearly, Trump is struggling for support in New York.

Look, I don't like the trumpet, but just throwing arbitrary facts out there and trying to make a point is just stupid.

And NY is a closed primary where you have to be registered republican for months in advance to vote.

He's from a democrat state with a closed primary with those rules, it's not like he was going to get a lot of crossover votes.

Ted Cruz says brokered convention would be an "enormous mistake"

Which is the only way he can win, so if he's a man of his word he'd drop out now

Ted Cruz explains the difference between a brokered convention and a contested convention

http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-explains-the-difference-between-a-brokered-convention-and-a-contested-convention/

No surprise that Trump won big in New York, and it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he's going to do well in the New England States. Trump will get slaughtered in May. As for Indiana, they are real conservatives, not fake ones. I believe Cruz will have no difficulty winning Indiana. I don't hear any fat ladies singing.

A contested convention is if nobody gets 1237, a brokered convention is if nobody wins on the first ballot.

Trump will have enough first ballot delegates so that Cruz will have absolutely no chance to win unless they go to a second ballot - which would then be a brokered convention.

If Cruz was a man of his word he'd speak at the convention and unbind his delegates and tell them to vote for Trump, presuming he doesn't want a brokered convention

No surprise that Trump won big in New York, and it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he's going to do well in the New England States. Trump will get slaughtered in May. As for Indiana, they are real conservatives, not fake ones. I believe Cruz will have no difficulty winning Indiana. I don't hear any fat ladies singing.

Maybe take one of those straws you're clutching at, grab a margarita, and calm down.

If Cruz was a man of his word he'd speak at the convention and unbind his delegates and tell them to vote for Trump, presuming he doesn't want a brokered convention

Ha. Republican front-runner Donald Trump said Tuesday he doesn’t plan to honor his pledge (keep his word) to support the party’s nominee for president if it’s not him.

Maybe take one of those straws you're clutching at, grab a margarita, and calm down.

it aint over until it's over.

In the same way that even though we're down 42-3 in the fourth quarter, it's still possible.

In the same way that even though we're down 42-3 in the fourth quarter, it's still possible.

you must be referring to the odds Trump can win in a general election with unfavorable rating of 70 percent among all voters.

Donald Trump’s unfavorable rating is unprecedented

Seven in 10 people, including close to half of Republican voters, have an unfavorable view of Trump, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll. It’s an opinion shared by majorities of men and women; young and old; conservatives, moderates and liberals; and whites, Hispanics and blacks — a devastatingly broad indictment of the billionaire businessman.

Even in the South, a region where Trump has won GOP primaries decisively, close to 70 percent view him unfavorably. And among whites without a college education, one of Trump’s most loyal voting blocs, 55 percent have a negative opinion.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/07/donald-trumps-unfavorable-rating-is-unprecedented/

Archived