THE BROWNS BOARD

Confusion at #2

One Post

The analytics thing says to me that there is no way that the Browns are going to rate need over value, and I just can't see them taking a QB at 2 that might not even be in the top 50 of all draft illegible players. In my mind, a QB at 2 has not been and is not now a possibility, especially once RG3 was signed.

I've been surprised before by this team that's for sure.......... The first 30min of the draft should be fun.

So, you want the Browns to draft the OT ? A lot more goes into it,

than "top 50 players" rankings.

It's far easier to be a top 50 player on defense. I think qb is the hardest jump

to the NFL to make, and that doesn't seem to be part of the criteria for these rankings.

Probably should compare these rankings like "top 50" against how they did a year or two

after being in the NFL.

So, you want the Browns to draft the OT ? A lot more goes into it,

than "top 50 players" rankings.

It's far easier to be a top 50 player on defense. I think qb is the hardest jump

to the NFL to make, and that doesn't seem to be part of the criteria for these rankings.

Probably should compare these rankings like "top 50" against how they did a year or two

after being in the NFL.

What do I want us to do?

Although I predict it does mean I'm right and it sure as heck doesn't mean I want it to happen. I hope I'm wrong.

If Goff is the guy then have the balls to get him. If RG3 put up with Cousins right behind him he can beat out Goff...this year. If Goff isn't the guy get Ramsey.

Not sure if I'd say most.

Seemed true for a very long time. Just recently began to hear of "off-field concerns" with Tunsil and he began to fall. But up came Ramsey who plays a position that the Titans also need.

All that said, an offer like the Rams made is a "QB offer" and TN doesn't need one.

Our new FO with this Leverage is my concern. I don't trust Dallas, Jags nor Ravens with Zeke on board. Can you name their RB's? M. Jacks meniscus still not good medically (drop?). 49'ers confuse me still with Kap. Knowing Eagles want to jump but 49'ers could offer us more now. At this point of game I don't mind taking either QB at 2. (I like both even @2) Even if as "not their so called guy" In their opinion they could use "B" QB to move 49'er & Eagles, Bears, Jets into a deal.. (always screw Elway) Draft falls on my birthday & hope we sit @2 with no Surprise's!!

I've said it in other threads- the Eagles may want to move up, but minus their second round pick this year- their ammunition is limited. That is unless they want to give up multiple future picks, including their 2017 first rounder.

Here's the truth.

There is no qb in this years draft worthy of a high first round pick. How many years can you count that the football talking heads have built up the playing level of a qb and they have turned out to be busts? Plenty. It's not a bad year to have the second pick overall but it's a bad year if you're reaching for a starting qb.

I'll admit the notion of a franchise qb tops everything from a good defense to building up the lines. But this isn't the year. Christian Ponder is a better qb than Wentz or Goff and he sucks.

Um some of the pundits have Goff\ Wentz rated higher than any qb drafted last year.

Oh that was a fucking stupid move for sure. You don't gamble with that many picks.

Right- Wentz or Goff may be projected as good NFL quarterbacks, but the Rams obviously view them as Andrew Luck potential. LOL almost no one heard of Wentz before last December, unless you lived in North Dakota.

You caught me. I was trying to think of a qb that wasn't playing right now that's better than the two junkyard dogs. Ponder came to mind but a bad choice.

Nevertheless getting RG3 was a true sign of not getting a qb at 2. If we draft a qb at #2 he's going to start and I don't see it with RG3 on the roster.

I disagree. Griffin can't be counted on to stay healthy, or suddenly figure out how to read a defense. Griffin is a stopgap until our QOTF is ready. That might be by game three, if Robert happens to get hurt. His next knee blowout will be his last. He's already had two ACL repairs on the knee.

I've said it in other threads- the Eagles may want to move up, but minus their second round pick this year- their ammunition is limited. That is unless they want to give up multiple future picks, including their 2017 first rounder.

Future year picks are a total shot in the dark & IMHO a bad investment. ...Unknown production, injuries, character concerns, plus we don't know where the Eagles end up next year...do we get a 1st pick, 32nd pick or what? Too damn many variables. If the ammo is not a known quantity THIS year, I'm passing.

Mike

Hey, I listened.

We're all going a little crazy over this, mainly because we're starving for a winner. It doesn't mean one guy is right or one guy is wrong here...we're all Browns fans wanting this team to turn it around.

The only thing I get bent out of shape about is the "trading down" thing some fans are hung up on. It hasn't worked out for us in the past, and that doesn't mean it will work out or not work out now. I just wouldn't do it. The draft is supposed to be designed to help the weaker teams get better, not to trade away the possibility of getting better that a crappy season gives you.

I share your frustration Bob. That's why Ray Farmer is probably selling Lemonade today with the 6 scouts we fired.

I'd rather have guys committed to research in our FO than 1 cutting a corner such as asking Gilbert's college coaches if there's any red flags to be concerned with outside of an inability to see a DB that thinks you tackle people with your hands. This may not be a real word anywhere but our fan base "PHEW!"

I feel like we have a big upgrade in research and intelligence here today so I'm open to trading down under the influence of 2 highly intelligent guys that also played DI football at Harvard, Hue and Sashi. Sounds like a better Democracy in our War Room than the previous Dictator we had who's 2 brain cells weren't on speaking terms while he also had a War of the Roses going on with our Head Coach. The setting today seems so much more conducive to success unless I'm blinded by heart once again.

... I'm blinded by heart once again.

I'll be damned if there's not a Browns' tee-shirt somewhere in those six-words...

I don't believe the Browns have any intention of picking at 2. I think they are all in on RG3 being a franchise guy. I predict we will trade down 2 slots with Dallas picking up #4 , their 2nd rounder and La'el Collins. Dallas will take the leftover QB. We will trade 4 for the Eagles 8 and their 1st round pick next year. Eagles will take Zeke. We will take BPA at 8 likely defense. We will then swing Joe Thomas to Tenn for 15 and a low 2nd picking up Paxton Lynch at 15. Working out now what we will do with 3 second round picks. Definitely one is WR, One a LB.

Nope...I don't want future picks. If they can't ante up THIS years draft picks, throw a couple good current roster players or it's bye-bye.

We are in the drivers seat here & I will NOT get short changed.

Mike

I don't believe the Browns have any intention of picking at 2. I think they are all in on RG3 being a franchise guy. I predict we will trade down 2 slots with Dallas picking up #4 , their 2nd rounder and La'el Collins. Dallas will take the leftover QB. We will trade 4 for the Eagles 8 and their 1st round pick next year. Eagles will take Zeke. We will take BPA at 8 likely defense. We will then swing Joe Thomas to Tenn for 15 and a low 2nd picking up Paxton Lynch at 15. Working out now what we will do with 3 second round picks. Definitely one is WR, One a LB.

No one knows what will happen come draft night, but I will be pant-shitting-surprised if Philly trades up to 4 to draft a RB

No one knows what will happen come draft night, but I will be pant-shitting-surprised if Philly trades up to 4 to draft a RB

no doubt.

the drama almost seems made-up, like a bad 70s sitcom that goes from being funny every episode to finding out the main character is dying of lead poisoning or he's gay (?). all the while wearing black and green roller derby pants holding a briefcase and knocking people out while they skate past.

Nope...I don't want future picks. If they can't ante up THIS years draft picks, throw a couple good current roster players or it's bye-bye.

We are in the drivers seat here & I will NOT get short changed.

Mike

I am not big on future picks either....but these young Harvard guys don't necessarily think like I do. They look longer term perhaps.

It all depends on who is there at our pick.

Two years ago (and three ago as well) I was all in to trade down.

Last year nor so much (and once Mack dropped to us not at all)...

This year... TBD, but I'm inclined to take whichever QB is there at #2.

It all depends on who is there at our pick.

Two years ago (and three ago as well) I was all in to trade down.

Last year nor so much (and once Mack dropped to us not at all)...

This year... TBD, but I'm inclined to take whichever QB is there at #2.

Mack was two years ago though? When we took gilbert. Last year was the shelton time.

Mack was two years ago though? When we took gilbert. Last year was the shelton time.

Yeah... what you said...

Archived