THE BROWNS BOARD

2016 Schedule Release is Tonight!

The Gipper

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Naples on West Coast, 90 miles across the alley.

I'm part of the committee that next month will be picking the official Browns Backer party event location for this game.

It will be in the Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood area.

Zombo

I live in Melbourne/Palm Bay

I'm part of the committee that next month will be picking the official Browns Backer party event location for this game.

Zombo

Oh okay sweet, we have family all down South Florida so I'll make sure to check in when that location is decided. I'll have to let my uncle know about Naples as well, he's snow-birding right now but will be a full-time FL resident the end of this year.

Oh okay sweet, we have family all down South Florida so I'll make sure to check in when that location is decided. I'll have to let my uncle know about Naples as well, he's snow-birding right now but will be a full-time FL resident the end of this year.

I know a good Realtor ...

Zombo

Don't have to

1 Sep 11 CLE @ PHI Lincoln Financial Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

2 Sep 18 BAL @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

3 Sep 25 CLE @ MIA Sun Life Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

4 Oct 02 CLE @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

5 Oct 09 NE @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

6 Oct 16 CLE @ TEN Nissan Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

7 Oct 23 CLE @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

8 Oct 30 NYJ @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

9 Nov 06 DAL @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

10 Nov 10 CLE @ BAL M&T Bank Stadium 8:25 PM Tickets NFLN

11 Nov 20 PIT @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

12 Nov 27 NYG @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

13 Bye

14 Dec 11 CIN @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

15 Dec 18 CLE @ BUF Ralph Wilson Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

16 Dec 24 SD @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

17 Jan 01 CLE @ PIT Heinz Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

Why couldn't they switch the Buffalo and Miami games. Ballpeen should host the Tennessee away party, no?

5 of the first 7 away looks like a recipe for success ------------------------at next year's draft. ^_^

What it also looks like is plenty of scope for improvement in the second half of the season.

Honing in on the same week, but watching the Baltimore game from Cleveland.

Zombo

We'll have to wait until Howie and G-Man to check in to set the Reunion date. Last time the 'Pokes were in town- old Jerry was sitting in the Lux Box right behind us. I'm sure you know how thrilled us fans were seeing him.

NICE! Sounds like a perfect road trip folks! You only live once - unless you're Josh Gordon...

I'll be there Tom. :) One more stadium off the bucket list.

Zombo

Put me down as a probable for that game Z. Only problem is it's still mighty hot down in Florida that time of year. You going to supply ice packs for us Northerners? I haven't forgotten that game in Tampa way back- hottest game I've ever been at- 95 degrees in the shade, I was in full sun, and the beer wasn't cooling me off much.

Why couldn't they switch the Buffalo and Miami games. Ballpeen should host the Tennessee away party, no?

Agreed there Gip. I've always wanted to see a game in Buffalo, but nothing like a December lake effect blizzard to put the kibosh on that idea. I think Flugels will be the unofficial host for the Titans game. Lives in Nashville. So we'll probably see 'Peen at the game, and I'll PM Ghoolie to make the trip from Memphis.

I'll be there Tom. :) One more stadium off the bucket list.

Agreed there Gip. I've always wanted to see a game in Buffalo, but nothing like a December lake effect blizzard to put the kibosh on that idea. I think Flugels will be the unofficial host for the Titans game. Lives in Nashville. So we'll probably see 'Peen at the game, and I'll PM Ghoolie to make the trip from Memphis.

Thanks Larry - very good to hear! Gipper, I sent you PM before I even read this. I think I hit something else by accident before the PM. If it was one of those gay friend request things, my apology - you can just deny that.

I think Westside Steve would have a blast in Nashville and I could definitely see him getting a morning/early afternoon gig at Tootsie's that weekend. For that matter, it would be fun to get a lot of our regulars we shoot the shit with every week.

Thanks Larry - very good to hear! Gipper, I sent you PM before I even read this. I think I hit something else by accident before the PM. If it was one of those gay friend request things, my apology - you can just deny that.

I think Westside Steve would have a blast in Nashville and I could definitely see him getting a morning/early afternoon gig at Tootsie's that weekend. For that matter, it would be fun to get a lot of our regulars we shoot the shit with every week.

If not for the fact that Steve likes to stay in him comfort zone, I could see Nashville as a good place for him to take his act.

(but he even gave up playing in Key West as it stopped being something he liked to do)

Flugel, WSS, Z, Marko, Ballpeen, Ghoolie, Hoorta check your PMs re a proposal.

I'm not a super regular bit I'll be there...would love to meet up

Sure would have been nice to roll that Amtrak into DC @ Skins week 4 than over to Baltimore for TNFB in week 5. FU again Art & Roger.. Looking at maybe home to sister's for Cowturds than off to Ratturds for TNFB. London, been to Baltimore games last 2 years & we play well at our old tombstone. But I ain't coming if hell Freeze Over, to much NC blood now.

Flugel, WSS, Z, Marko, Ballpeen, Ghoolie, Hoorta check your PMs re a proposal.

FYI...I went to the Dawg House Saloon two years ago in Nashville, a nice Browns Backers Bar. They had a get together Saturday night before the game (Hoyer's big rally). If I can make it down I'd meet up with you guys.

I'm not a super regular bit I'll be there...would love to meet up

Awesome - looking forward to you joining us! As we close in on that weekend, I'll post events planned for that weekend a bunch of us can take advantage of. Last time the Browns visited, the Browns Bar that hosts the Browns backers all year had parties set up on Friday and Saturday like Bob stated in the post above. Thanks Bob!.

FYI...I went to the Dawg House Saloon two years ago in Nashville, a nice Browns Backers Bar. They had a get together Saturday night before the game (Hoyer's big rally). If I can make it down I'd meet up with you guys.

That was kickass Bob! We probably drank beer together, which partially explains why we don't remember meeting each other. I was the squid wearing the red Ohio State wind breaker after they rathoused Maryland. Now if we can just get our pro team to learn how to treat an opponent in Maryland....

You're in.

Gracias... Tried to send you the following PM, but no bueno...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously is a ways off, but when you have a moment, please let me know about Ticket arrangements. If your group is buying a block, I'd be more than happy to send refundable buy-in your way.

Later I'll bug you about itinerary, etc...

Looking forward to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously is a ways off, but when you have a moment, please let me know about Ticket arrangements. If your group is buying a block, I'd be more than happy to send refundable buy-in your way.

Looking forward to it.

Z (and others) let me ask an honest question about these meetups...what's the age demographic like? Is it mostly older adults or are there a mix of younger folks too? Honestly, I could care less but I'm just curious if there's more people in my age bracket (late 20's-early 30's).

What would anyone think about spending the week before the game in Naples with a gang of us and the Z-man? I see a possible opportunity to attain a 3BR condo in Naples from Sept. 17 - 24th for a reasonable price. It would accomodate up to 8 people.

Or, I see where a 3 BR can be obtained in Ft. Lauderdale (but not on the beach..Weston) for the week beginning Sept. 24th....also for a very reasonable price (around $600.00)

Z (and others) let me ask an honest question about these meetups...what's the age demographic like? Is it mostly older adults or are there a mix of younger folks too? Honestly, I could care less but I'm just curious if there's more people in my age bracket (late 20's-early 30's).

Knowing what I know....those "older adults" that come to these events would likely party the ass off you whippersnappers. :P

Mostly in the late 70's to early 90's dipshit.

Looking forward to it.

My Inbox was full, I deleted a few so you can PM me again if needed.

Looks like I am going to need the deposit by May 1st, probably in the $50 range ... we are waiting for pricing form the Dolphins, because it is their home opener and they tend to jack up prices for that game, because they know they can fill it.

We will have two itineraries planned ... one for those travelling to Miami on their own and getting a hotel Saturday night and attending the Official Browns Backer party, and one for a bus leaving Naples sunday morn and coming back Sunday evening.

I think I have you e-mail, but send it to me just in case, that way you will be notified by our newsletter whenever announcements are made.

Z

We have some dudes in their 20's and they are a lot of fun. The biggest demo is 50's and 60's but we have bunches of young and old, they all party together.

Here we were last year at the exhibition game in Tampa:

11988317_1010176245700528_47585337907020

That was kickass Bob! We probably drank beer together, which partially explains why we don't remember meeting each other. I was the squid wearing the red Ohio State wind breaker after they rathoused Maryland. Now if we can just get our pro team to learn how to treat an opponent in Maryland....

Lol...yeah I bet I did meet you. My wife and I pretty much stayed at the front of the bar during the OSU-Maryland game. Then a 'Bama crowd came in for an alumni party. We stayed for that too...lots of hydration. 'Bama lost to Ole Miss and the Browns party was on!!

Archived