THE BROWNS BOARD

Picked up new 9 yesterday

bbedward

I picked up this SD9VE yesterday because it was on sale for a great price ($279 or something like that). Figured it'd be a nice carry piece that I can beat on and is pretty durable.

I was torn between this and the M&P - but I figured this would be fine to beat on and pump a bunch of rounds through. Already got some truglo sights ordered and that's probably all I'll do to it.

I just wanted to dispel this fiction once and for all that I'm a gun-hating liberal, you need to buy all your guns now before Obamao and Clinton take em away and ban then. (This line makes it relevant to political discussion)

post-21352-0-70245000-1455200799_thumb.jpg

I don't know if that's a sale price. Msrp is pretty low on the SD series.

I think it's like $50-60 off of the MSRP. Cheap gun, but seems like they're reliable (and improved in a few ways over the sigma)

It seems pretty much identical to the G19 except for the trigger, which is pretty heavy. They have a spring kit that lightens it up a bit but I'll have to have some time at the range with it to see if it's necessary.

A good gunsmith can probably fix the trigger pull.

that's GOOD gunsmith. I had one fix my old .22 magnum rifle trigger.

I love my little CTX 9. Kicks a bit for repetitive shooting, but that goes with

the territory of it being smaller.

and the double side safety works for me.

Because it has no thumb safety if you ever intend on carrying it I don't know about lightning the trigger pull

I'm not too worried about the trigger - feels pretty good to me. Firmer trigger is better for self defense, lighter better for the range - but I'm not a competitive shooter or anything.

It's basically identical to the glock platform - which I'm already comfortable with so this gun is already pretty natural to me. Glocks are also only brain safety - save for the double action trigger.

Cysko is right, they came from the Sigmas that generally had a pretty atrocious reputation.

I don't mind the SD line from S&W. The triggers are generally dookie but there are ways you can lighten it up and smooth it out (Google it; lots of people who did it all at home). But as far as being cheap and reliable, they accomplish both of those goals.

I am pretty fond of the M&Ps but have a good amount of trigger time on an SD9VE.

I don't mind the SD line from S&W. The triggers are generally dookie but there are ways you can lighten it up and smooth it out (Google it; lots of people who did it all at home). But as far as being cheap and reliable, they accomplish both of those goals.

I did see that spring kit and the glock style trigger. I'll probably go with the trigger at least because I like the glock style much more than the hinge. I don't mind the heavier pull but I definitely wouldn't mind improving the travel.

I got about 200 shots through it today. I out tfo sights on it and they really helped me get back on target a lot quicker.

Trigger sucks, I still had decent groupings but it definitely affected my accuracy. I have the apex trigger on order so once I install it I'll get back out and it should be a lot better.

I got about 200 shots through it today. I out tfo sights on it and they really helped me get back on target a lot quicker.

Trigger sucks, I still had decent groupings but it definitely affected my accuracy. I have the apex trigger on order so once I install it I'll get back out and it should be a lot better.

I don't know how the Apex is in the SD models but their triggers for the M&P are fantastic.

Glad that works better for you. I know the stock trigger on the SD9s are pretty atrocious.

M&P triggers are pretty bad too - I really can't stand the hinge style at all.

The way I see it I got a reliable gun for $310 (including trigger upgrade). I can't really complain - I wanted a G19 but this + 1000 rounds is about the same price.

My buddy's nearly-new SR9 had 2 light strikes at the range in about 150 rounds, no failures with this so I can't complain.

M&P triggers are pretty bad too - I really can't stand the hinge style at all.

The way I see it I got a reliable gun for $310 (including trigger upgrade). I can't really complain - I wanted a G19 but this + 1000 rounds is about the same price.

My buddy's nearly-new SR9 had 2 light strikes at the range in about 150 rounds, no failures with this so I can't complain.

I can tolerate the stock M&P trigger but they have no audible or felt reset. That is why I went with the Apex trigger.

I generally don't like Ruger products. They can be hit or miss and I am not particularly fond of Bill Ruger. He was a bit of a cocksucker actually.

Archived