THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Bringing In Al Saunders As Senior Offensive Assistant (Official)

bbedward

Never heard of him, sounds like a solid hire though.

Born in London, his great uncle Ron Saunders was some sort of soccer dude ... ever hear of him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Saunders

Took over as head coach of the Chargers after Coryell's demise. Then brought the Air Coryell touch to Marty Schottenheimer and Dick Vermeil for long successful stints under each.

at San Diego he inherited a declining Dan Fouts who retired on his watch.

His final season as HC his QBs were ... Mark Malone, Babe Laufenberg and Mark Vlasic ... poor dude.

Zombo

So? What exactly will his duties be?

And should he be offended at being called "Senior"? He is 68. (which means in Rock Star terms....apparently....he should either have been dead a year ago at 67 (Frey/Griffin).....or he has one year to live (Bowie)

He's been a career assistant for the most part, but I think he has a superbowl ring from somewhere.

I guess his duties would be along the lines of OC except doesn't call the plays.

I guess his duties would be along the lines of OC except doesn't call the plays.

Agree... run practices... develop gameplans... all of the work none of the fun.

But he might suggest plays from the booth...

Agree... run practices... develop gameplans... all of the work none of the fun.

But he might suggest plays from the booth...

Maybe not plays, but trends. "This CB is having a bad day...Running up the right is getting us joy...they're overpursuing, maybe try a reverse..." etc

Maybe not plays, but trends. "This CB is having a bad day...Running up the right is getting us joy...they're overpursuing, maybe try a reverse..." etc

..".yada yada yada is bringing us joy"........is not an expression you would likely ever hear over here in such a situation....but it is an interesting...and possibly good expression.

..".yada yada yada is bringing us joy"........is not an expression you would likely ever hear over here in such a situation....but it is an interesting...and possibly good expression.

It's always interesting when these little colloqiualisms present themselves. I'm sure I've taken a few from this forum and the NFL in general.

It's now more official, Saunders as Senior Offensive Assistant.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/689934235822604288

Kirby Wilson also on board as running game coordinator.

Per Mary Kay?.......

photo-thumb-413.jpg?_r=1451713240

Mike

And now Horton is official as well.

I'd say that logjam busted wide open...

Big step down for Pep, but good choice for the position.

Is that a good thing? Andrew Luck did not exactly "take off" on Pep's watch. It seems an awful lot to me like Andrew was relying on talent he was born with, and not growing into the position. Of course, Pep wasn't blocking for Andrew...

Luck took off fine, until he was injured this past year. Remember, they played in the AFC title game last year (albeit they got hammered).

Luck took off fine, until he was injured this past year. Remember, they played in the AFC title game last year (albeit they got hammered).

Yeah, their OL sucked! Oh wait, we just hired their OL coach... :S

Archived