THE BROWNS BOARD

Lawrence Phillips Dead By Suicide...surprised?

Mudfly

So bad boy Lawrence Phillips killed himself this week....not....at ....all.....surprised....

Talk about your bad draft picks!!!......I knew he was trouble to women.....and I knew he was in prison...

But, apparently, he's trouble to criminals too, cause he just murdered his cell mate....and then himself...

Oh well....a sad, but kind of interesting, story.....

Not surprised! I remember when he was in College and threw his girlfriend down a flight of steps. That was just the beginning. If Phillips wasn't the best running back in college at the time he might not have had so many enablers. Either way it's a tragic story of a talented man who couldn't or wouldn't listen to anyone. He really needed counseling before he was drafted and that didn't help.

I'm not sure what caused his behavior that led to his imprisonment and demise; I just hope that young people can learn from this. Tragic but not surprising at all.

I'm not sure what caused his behavior that led to his imprisonment and demise;

Thumping his other girlfriend(s)(along with assaulting several other woman)....it was a regular thing for this guy....

Not so sure his story is a tragedy though.....unless you happen to be a female who crossed his path....(or his cell mate)

So bad boy Lawrence Phillips killed himself this week....not....at ....all.....surprised....

Talk about your bad draft picks!!!......I knew he was trouble to women.....and I knew he was in prison...

But, apparently, he's trouble to criminals too, cause he just murdered his cell mate....and then himself...

Yeah really sad Mud, but the guy sort of makes Greg Harvey look like a good guy.....

From Wiki.............

On August 21, 2005, Phillips was arrested for assault after allegedly driving a car into three teenagers, following a dispute with the teens during a pick-up football game in Los Angeles, California. At the time of the arrest, Phillips was also wanted by the San Diego Police Department in connection with two alleged domestic-abuse incidents involving a former girlfriend,[1] who claimed that Phillips had choked her to the point of unconsciousness. In addition, the Los Angeles Police Department was seeking Phillips in connection with another allegation of domestic abuse that had occurred in Los Angeles. In March 2006, Phillips was ordered to stand trial on charges of felony assault with a deadly weapon stemming from the August 21, 2005, incident. On October 10, 2006, he was found guilty of seven counts. On October 3, 2008, he was sentenced to 10 years in a California state prison.

While serving that sentence, Philips was convicted in August 2009 for the assault on his former girlfriend Amaliya Weisler [22]on seven counts, including assault with great bodily injury, false imprisonment, making a criminal threat, and auto theft.[23] On December 18, 2009, Phillips was sentenced to 25 years in prison on the 2009 convictions, to run consecutive to the 2008 sentence (which was reduced to just under 7 years), for a term of 32 years.[1][24]

Phillips was admitted to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation on October 16, 2008 and was incarcerated at Kern Valley State Prison.[25] Under California law, since his crimes harmed other persons, Phillips was required to serve at least 85 percent of his sentence before being eligible for time off.

Alleged murder and death

On April 12, 2015, Phillips' cellmate Damion Soward,[26] the cousin of former USC Trojan and NFL wide receiver R. Jay Soward, was found dead in the cell the two men shared. Soward, who was serving a sentence of 82-to-life for a murder conviction,[27] was choked to death, and Phillips was regarded as the prime suspect in the case.

Yeah I am surprised he was a young man. Now do I care? no I don't. While he was a great running back at Nebraska he was also a piece of shit as a person. The only "sad" part in all of this was that I drafted him as my number 2 running back on my fantasy football team back in 96.

One true villain, and one movie villain both died yesterday:

Lawrence Phillips, former NFL RB.....and waiting trial on murder charges found dead in prison:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/01/13/lawrence-phillips-death-prison/78742058/

But, a great movie villain....but probably a great person also deceased, Alan Rickman. See the WSS entertainment forum.

Alan Rickman's death is sad, he was a great actor. I didn't realize he was that old seems like he's looked much younger (69 is still too young to die in today's world, but still)

Lawrence Phillips not so much - wasn't this guy being considered for the death penalty?

I mean he beat the living piss out of his girlfriends and nearly choked them to death, hit people with his car over a disagreement, and choked his cellmate to death.

Alan Rickman's death is sad, he was a great actor. I didn't realize he was that old seems like he's looked much younger (69 is still too young to die in today's world, but still)

Lawrence Phillips not so much - wasn't this guy being considered for the death penalty?

I mean he beat the living piss out of his girlfriends and nearly choked them to death, hit people with his car over a disagreement, and choked his cellmate to death.

You're correct BB. Regarding Phillips, I left that out of the Wiki reference. Had he not offed himself, a trial with death penalty specifications was looming for killing his cellmate.

Alright, you're gonna have to work with me on this one because something isn't clicking with me. Lawrence Phillips is a criminal piece of shit.....he kills another criminal piece of shit, and then he kills himself? And this you say is BAD NEWS?

What is it that I am missing here? How in the fuck does this translate into bad news? Oh, wait.... I get it.... EUPHEMISMS...... Right!!!!!!! Let me join in the weeping....

"Oh, he could have been so successful"

"Oh, what a waste of a life"

"Oh, what potential he had"

"So sad to see him throw it all away"

Sorry, that's fucked up. This guy was shit, he killed shit, and then killed him self.

Two less pieces of shit for taxpayers to support...... and think about this, now neither of their families have to come see them. That's good for the planet. Less gas burned, less global warming. Really, this is a win-win-win situation no matter how you look at it. I for one am happy that he killed his cell mate, and I am happy that he killed himself. I hope he cut his nuts off and bled to death, only after a nasty infection set in and blinded him and ate away at his spine for a few months, before he died.

Seriously man, fuck this guy. There are people who really need help and who deserve sympathy.

Wow....I didnt even come close to saying it was bad news and agree he was a piece of shit.....so, if your post was for me, it is just wasted words.....

Why don't you and tour hook up and write a fucking novel.

Archived