THE BROWNS BOARD

Halfway thru season

Kvoethe

Time to start looking ahead to next year...

How do you like this upcoming crop of talent?

We are putting up points, but we need a decent size WR.

Haden and Gilbert are a mess...

Do we give a middle rounder to a Qb?

Do we need to fix front office before even worrying about the draft?

Since Pet hates JF, do we call up Jerry Jones, who evidently has a chub for him, for a few picks.

What would be some smart moves?

How do you like this upcoming crop of talent?...

as always, some nice looking talent....a little early for me to start slotting them tho

Josh Gordon?....I think thats what Farmer is thinking....

Haden, yes......havent seen enough of Gilbert to say that tho....actually has looked pretty good when he's played

Well....we have 3 under contract right now(and thru next year)....so If we do, then someone gets cut....

Im not there yet.....I said Id give them some time and Im sticking to that....

Since Pet hates JF, do we call up Jerry Jones, who evidently has a chub for him, for a few picks.

Id take some picks, but dont really think anyone is gonna give us any....including Jerrah.....

Some linebackers would be a good start.....

How do you like this upcoming crop of talent?

*This draft will be loaded.

*With Gordon coming back, Im not too worried about the recievers. I wouldnt mind adding another mid grade FA though.

* Im willing to let that position ride

*We get rid of Manziel and go QB early. This class is loaded at QB and I almost think we should grab two guys.

* No, Im all in on this group. We give em next year, if we dont see improvement, then we go in a different direction.

*Yes. If we can get a 4th or 5th I consider that a huge win.

*We absolutely have to hit in this draft. QB is the direction we have to go, because until we find a difference maker there, it doesnt matter what else happens. We also need someone the defense fears on D. I dont care if its a S, ILB, OLB, or DE. We have some decent/good guys at all those positions, but we dont have that guy offenses have to gameplan around.

Well....we have 3 under contract right now(and thru next year)....so If we do, then someone gets cut....

Actually 4... Shaw is under contract thru 2016 as well.

First of all the bright spots which aren't many. Barnage is a great find along with Benjamin. Need to get the car running before we shop at the store. a nice boring draft. Trade down and stockpile some picks. Draft o line and d line.

I realize it's beating a dead horse but Maziel is going to be a good one. Why is it that any other qb can have growing pains except him? He can't even have a brew without someone up his ass. Oh it's ok that Winston throws a pick but Manziel throws one and he gets treated like dirt. End rant.

First of all the bright spots which aren't many. Barnage is a great find along with Benjamin. Need to get the car running before we shop at the store. a nice boring draft. Trade down and stockpile some picks. Draft o line and d line.

I realize it's beating a dead horse but Maziel is going to be a good one. Why is it that any other qb can have growing pains except him? He can't even have a brew without someone up his ass. Oh it's ok that Winston throws a pick but Manziel throws one and he gets treated like dirt. End rant.

No one is hating Manziel for throwing picks. They hate him because he can't make simple reads and runs out of the pocket too quickly when receivers are open.

I agree & am another believer in Johnny. Manziel needs to play, not to show us what he can do, but to actually play & learn & progress from studying his OWN game film. None of those other QBs got where they are without time ON the field.

I would also like to see a stud linebacker, if there is one in this draft. Then I would like to see them play in a viable NFL defense, which we have yet to see.

Mike

Young picks our nice to build on but you really got to start answering some questions about some veterans that our failing on this defense. We need experience FA's that can make a difference on tackling & pass rush than still let the 2015 draft picks grow. Jim O'Neil go coach college track, they even hand off batons :P

I agree & am another believer in Johnny. Manziel needs to play, not to show us what he can do, but to actually play & learn & progress from studying his OWN game film. None of those other QBs got where they are without time ON the field.

I would also like to see a stud linebacker, if there is one in this draft. Then I would like to see them play in a viable NFL defense, which we have yet to see.

Mike

You guys have been Browns fans way longer than I so I respect your opinion. But here's what I see..

The Browns overspent on McCown which forced their hand to play him. As for Pettine, he should play Manziel at least he would have an excuse for his losses. Getting no wins not playing Manziel is his own demise which wouldn't be such a bad thing.

No one is hating Manziel for throwing picks. They hate him because he can't make simple reads and runs out of the pocket too quickly when receivers are open.

They drafted him. Yes he's a keeper and build the team around him. Plenty of successfully qb's out there that run. No film room is going to give any qb experience. At least try, if not its wasted time.

Not sure about that, LB... outside of Kruger and Solomon, which of our LBs is slow?

I think the problem is tougher... we lack LBs with speed and power.

Archived