THE BROWNS BOARD

Nfl network..a football life 1am est

Kvoethe

All about the 1995 browns and Belichek. Dvr is set.

saw it already...they also had nick saban on that staff and demitroff. OH what could have been.....belichek as coach, saban dc, ozzie newsome gm.after he retired..me thinks we would have won a couple superbowls..makes me sick....

I remember my dad saying modell was going to move the team once that new stadium deal was signed. He was going to lose too much profit from owning it all.

If you mean the Indians & Jacobs Field, you're correct.

But Divine Justice ruled in the end. He moved so he could pass the team down to his cigar chompin' kid. I'm sure Al Lehrner had the cash to buy him out, but NO! Baltimore gave him an even better deal, new stadium, all the profits, a huge bribe, and he still went belly up. Had to sell out to Biscotti before Fleet Bank foreclosed on him.

It was really good, and made me really sad. It's tough to see just how close our franchise was to being something special. We had Bill Belecik, probably the best coach in NFL history, and our entire franchise flew the coupe. Yeah, Bill wasn't perfect and made some mistakes, but come on.

It was really good, and made me really sad. It's tough to see just how close our franchise was to being something special. We had Bill Belecik, probably the best coach in NFL history, and our entire franchise flew the coupe. Yeah, Bill wasn't perfect and made some mistakes, but come on.

:) Bill made his share of mistakes in Cleveland- but learned from them. The worst was dumping the hometown hero Bernie- when he only had Todd Philcox to replace him.

I'm old enough to remember that famous bedsheet at the stadium. "JUMP ART, AND LAND ON BILL".

Folks pretty much hated Bill when he was here....always calling for his head and pretty loud too....

He was an unknown D coordinator and folks didnt like his lack of fire, personality or stubborn ways......made a LOT of bad choices...bad drafts....and bad calls.....Metcalf up the middle....10 times every game.....for -3 yards.....etc

and then just mumbling some shit about execution and it "should work" etc etc......and the way he just gave his "buddy" the DB coaching job....

So many parallels to Pettine, its shocking.....

Folks pretty much hated Bill when he was here....always calling for his head and pretty loud too....

He was an unknown D coordinator and folks didnt like his lack of fire, personality or stubborn ways......made a LOT of bad choices...bad drafts....and bad calls.....Metcalf up the middle....10 times every game.....for -3 yards.....etc

and then just mumbling some shit about execution and it "should work" etc etc......and the way he just gave his "buddy" the DB coaching job....

So many parallels to Pettine, its shocking.....

Awesome. So your saying Pett will be the next elite head coach in the NFL

:) Bill made his share of mistakes in Cleveland- but learned from them. The worst was dumping the hometown hero Bernie- when he only had Todd Philcox to replace him.

I'm old enough to remember that famous bedsheet at the stadium. "JUMP ART, AND LAND ON BILL".

Bill really didn't learn anything.. He lucked out on a 6th round draft pick named Tom Brady.. When Brady hangs up his cleats.. Bill will go back to being the nincompoop he always was...

Awesome. So your saying Pett will be the next elite head coach in the NFL

No, not really.....Im saying we will never know, based upon how we tried to run Bill outta town for exactly the same reasons we want Pettine and Farmer gone...

And...."IF" Pettine ever becomes a great coach, it will be somewhere else, because we wont wait for him to develop(like Billy)....

Knowing this, we must hire a proven winner(which will never happen) or we must develop one(which we will never wait for)....

So....the way things go here, the only hope we have of EVER scoring a great coach is if we sign a no namer who is instantly great and is near perfect from day one.....

So....the way things go here, the only hope we have of EVER scoring a great coach is if we sign a no namer who is instantly great and is near perfect from day one.....

For a lot of Browns fans this is their reality, and honestly believe it's going to happen.

It seems Browns fans have been calling for the head coach's head since Rutigliano was fired. I think they wake up, and if the Browns didn't win the SuperBowl overnight, they want the head coach fired:)

Marty was a well liked coach, but he and Art couldn't agree on the whole "play calling is overrated" issue when our OC Lindy Infante left for a HC job.

I saw that last year. It shows a young Bill Bellicheck who hired Polian, Mangini and a host of others who went on to become GMs and head coaches. It was depressing

Marty was a well liked coach, but he and Art couldn't agree on the whole "play calling is overrated" issue when our OC Lindy Infante left for a HC job.

Very true but I distinctly remember how Browns fans wanted Marty gone after a few years.

Marty was liked until "the drive".....THEN, it became the same thing we are hearing now.....

he sucks.....too conservative.....good enough to get to the dance, but not win it...a defensive coach whose team cant stop a drive....prevent defenses prevent wins......etc etc etc....

And this was right after we just went to the AFC Championship.....and after the fumble???...it got worse....

Archived