THE BROWNS BOARD

3 killed, 34 injured - time for action to prevent these deaths

calfoxwc

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes because this country was founded on one being an inalienable right and the other not being.

But the right to own a gun is already supposed to be taken away from people who have been convicted felons, drug users, mental illness, etc.

The point isn't to take away your right or my right to own a gun, but to enforce the law that keeps guns out of those people's hands.

And they have. They've amended it heavily you already have assault weapon bans. Magazine limits and laws against who cannot own a gun. The fact is a lot of these mass murderers have no priors. How's that helping us? Human ingenuity is such that if you take away all guns save a revolver or a single shot musket people will find a new way to kill a bunch of people.

And they have. They've amended it heavily you already have assault weapon bans. Magazine limits and laws against who cannot own a gun. The fact is a lot of these mass murderers have no priors. How's that helping us? Human ingenuity is such that if you take away all guns save a revolver or a single shot musket people will find a new way to kill a bunch of people.

Idk but it's reasonable to discuss for possible solutions. It's tougher to get your driver's license than it is to get a gun, and its still pretty easy to get a license.

The standard argument which is without merit is they it would be "harder" to murder without a gun. Not really. It's not difficult at all to run over a bunch of people.

Yes but it might be harder to kill specific people. Like the kid who just shot up the Oregon school, he went there for a point. If his intent was to just kill as many utterly random people as possible, yeah he probably would have waited for a parade and plowed through it. But even that isn't always decisively fatal as we've witnessed...the first couple people might get it but a lot of people bounce off the mass of other people being pushed by the car. If there's a specific group of people you want to kill, the gun is your go-to.

The Point of mass shootings, cleve, is to kill a bunch of random people. It's essentially non religiously motivated terrorism. As terrorists have shown you don't need a gun to accomplish it.

well now we have to parse "random". The kid that shot up the black church, he didn't know those people...any ole black people would have done. But he went into that church cause he knew he'd catch some congregated black people, concentrating his ability to kill them. So random is as random does. There was "some" specificity to his act of terror than right?

Again a car is not an inalienable right

The free market would quite honestly disagree with you vehemently. I consider an "inalienable" right as something given to us by god/nature whatever. Like the right to be free. How is a firearm, which is a product of the same free market that produces cars...."inalienable"?

well now we have to parse "random". The kid that shot up the black church, he didn't know those people...any ole black people would have done. But he went into that church cause he knew he'd catch some congregated black people, concentrating his ability to kill them. So random is as random does. There was "some" specificity to his act of terror than right?

Could he have driven to a black neighborhood revved up and run down a group of people standing on a street corner yes or no?

The free market would quite honestly disagree with you vehemently. I consider an "inalienable" right as something given to us by god/nature whatever. Like the right to be free. How is a firearm, which is a product of the same free market that produces cars...."inalienable"?

Not my problem I didn't draft the constitution. I just live by it.

Looks like many in Europe are now wanting to own a gun for protection:
Islamic invasion pulls trigger: Europe now scrambles for guns Many 'now wish they had a 2nd Amendment' Published: 2 days ago

Could he have driven to a black neighborhood revved up and run down a group of people standing on a street corner yes or no?

technically yes, but would he kill of them? Running people over that are gonna see/hear you coming and killing them isn't as easy as it sounds. Plus, in a black neighborhood....chances are other people have guns. And he was a coward afterall remember? So he chose people sitting around praying in a church.

Again, you could walk up to people and throw gasoline in their faces then light em up with a roman candle. There are many ways to kill people without a firearm, but was gasoline refined from the beginning to burn people? No it's a source of energy.

technically yes, but would he kill of them? Running people over that are gonna see/hear you coming and killing them isn't as easy as it sounds. Plus, in a black neighborhood....chances are other people have guns. And he was a coward afterall remember? So he chose people sitting around praying in a church.

Again, you could walk up to people and throw gasoline in their faces then light em up with a roman candle. There are many ways to kill people without a firearm, but was gasoline refined from the beginning to burn people? No it's a source of energy.

He was an opportunist like they all are. You kind of just randomly fucked your own argument by admitting that armed people could have defended themselves. That's a big no no for the anti gun position.

Firearms are the great equalizer. Thus, the right to self defense for all should be inalienable.

He was an opportunist like they all are. You kind of just randomly fucked your own argument by admitting that armed people could have defended themselves. That's a big no no for the anti gun position.

I've never been against other people arming themselves. I intend to myself based on what I've seen. What i'm not going to abide by is unfettered access to high powered weapons. I'm not a selfish asshole.

If I wanted to cleve I feel confident I could mow down two dozen people today by hitting groups of people and then driving off and hitting a binch more over and over again before I was caught or my vehicle became inoperable.

might be harder than yo uthink. I've watched numerous tapes the last few years of cars barreling into people and killed remarkably few of them.

Archived