THE BROWNS BOARD

What was the last team with two 1,000 yd rushers?

Kvoethe

2 1000 yard rushers in a season?

I was listening to some talk radio and they were talking about West and Crow and during an interview they said their goals this season were 1000yds and 10 tds each. This got the hosts talking about what was the last team, they mentioned Byner and Mack.

It's pretty rare...and I'm to lazy to look it up.

2 1000 yard rushers in a season?

I was listening to some talk radio and they were talking about West and Crow and during an interview they said their goals this season were 1000yds and 10 tds each. This got the hosts talking about what was the last team, they mentioned Byner and Mack.

It's pretty rare...and I'm to lazy to look it up.

The Gipper would know.

Actually this a very good trivia topic, no one ever talks about the best 2 back tandem.

The first names to come to mind are Mack and Byner. Then there was Harris and Blier back in the 70's.

Oddest duo had to be Dunn and Vick in ATL...

Jim Kiick, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris in 1972 for the Dolphins...1000 yard trio. That won't happen again.

Can't happen again, if it never happened before. Kiick never ran for 1000 in a season.

The Gipper would know.

Actually this a very good trivia topic, no one ever talks about the best 2 back tandem.

The first names to come to mind are Mack and Byner. Then there was Harris and Blier back in the 70's.

I might know....but I'm not telling.......oh, all right:

1972 Dolphins Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris (someone said they had 3....NO....only 2)

1976 Steelers Franco Harris, Rocky Bleier

1985 Browns Mack, Byner

2006 Falcons Warrick Dunn, Michael Vick

2008 Giants Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward

2009 Panthers Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams

Archived