THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns looking to move up to 5th

Kvoethe

Ballpark value assessment...

Early mating dance ritual...

Excuse to call...

Take your pick.

NFL GMs are an exclusive club. They chat. They try to pick up reads. They try to misdirect.

And as are we... they are ready for Thursday night.

I hope Ray Farmer gets to call someone a "pancake eating motherfucker" on draft night.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it wasn't expensive, I'd trade up to make sure the Browns got Shelton.

But both 1st round picks this year?

No.

They had better not trade away both first round picks. Farmer has a history of stockpiling picks, not trading them away. The only conceivable way we want Washington's pick is if MM isn't taken by the Titans- or some other team trading up, and he falls that far. (Unlikely) . Even so, the Jets sitting at #6 can offer a much more attractive package- like their #6 overall- drop one spot- and a second or third rounder.

Honestly, if we don't get Mariota I'm going to be rather disappointed bc I believe he's the guy the Browns want

Please, they may want Mariota- but IMHO the asking price is going to be way too high. Dealing with the Titans, it's going to be both firsts this year, plus a first next year. Shades of RG III- barf.

I honestly think if we trade up it's for Williams at 4 or 5, depending on what Oakland do.

You know Im with ya that the trade may net us some defense(Williams/Beasley/Fowler)(not sure who they covet most)......and Id say "I really like it"......IF they find a way to do it with 19 and still keep 12......and there are reasonable ways....that would be sweet

i like mariota but not at that price. everyone who's opinion i respect said the kid is a project. i know there's some type of relationship there with philipino but we don't run anything close to what he ran in oregon. how would this be a good fit?

plus the opportunity to pick up 2 (TWO) beasts on D and finish that side of the ball would be to tempting to me given the defensive bkgds farmer and pettine have.

keep them and use them. that's the reason you got the picks.

wouldn't us moving up to get mariota be like washington moving up to get RG3? we all know how that fucked up their franchise.

I wouldn't trade up for Shelton when there's Malcom Brown and Eddie Goldman. If history keeps repeating itself with the first round failures then it's insane. Stay put and take the best player available. Most teams do, why not us?

I wouldn't trade up for Shelton when there's Malcom Brown and Eddie Goldman. If history keeps repeating itself with the first round failures then it's insane. Stay put and take the best player available. Most teams do, why not us?

Because we are not like most teams ...we do things the Brown's way....that's why we suck :)

Please, they may want Mariota- but IMHO the asking price is going to be way too high. Dealing with the Titans, it's going to be both firsts this year, plus a first next year. Shades of RG III- barf.

If you read the reports (and believe them) they already declined to send both 1sts and this year's 2nd. So, why would they add another 1st rounder to do it... I'm hoping the Titans take somebody other than Mariota so then we can get him at a better value.

The worst part is I'll be on a plane from about 8:30-10:30-forunately with wifi I can see the pick if the Browns are in that timeframe. Just a heads up if you hear a news story about an irate Browns fan being hauled of a plane, that's me haha.

Just remember its a Federal Crime. When convicted you serve a minimum of 85%, No half good time. Just looking out my brother

If we get to 5 am still Taken Shelton.. This will avoid me from Puking at 7.Bears 8.Atlanda 9.Gaints 10.Rams and 11.Vikings.. That's a Big Bucket... Mariota on the board at 5 it's Yota Time..

Word on Monday morning was that the Redskins were likely to pick up the 2016 option on quarterback Robert Griffin III’s option and it moved to a done deal in the middle of the day.

Redskins General Manager Scot McCloughan announced that the team is exercising their option on Griffin’s pick ahead of the May 3 deadline to do so. The move puts Griffin in position to earn just over $16 million in 2016, which the Redskins can rescind if Griffin is healthy but the option is guaranteed against injury.

That’s not a small concern for a player who has dealt with serious injuries in his three-year NFL career, although Griffin insisted this month that the option question wasn’t a big concern for him. Instead, Griffin said that he’s focused on improving his performance after two rough seasons.

“It’s not about talking about it; It’s about being about it,” Griffin said. “That’s what my goal is this entire offseason. You got to talk small, play big, take care of the little things for the big things and everything will fall into place.”

Given the price they paid to acquire Griffin and their willingness to exercise the option, the team surely hopes that everything does fall into place. Despite that, McCloughan said Monday that the decision doesn’t change the team’s draft strategy and that they’d still pick a quarterback with the fifth pick if that’s the best available player.

Id say this thread is dead after this news

well all news today on the redskins front is they floated the story out there for any GM that they are willing to trade out of the 5th.

the griffin trade left their team decimated. the new GM wants to rebuild and needs more picks to do that.

this is another ply by a GM to let everyone know that they will accept a deal but they prob want what they gave up to get griffin and in no way if i were a GM would i do that unless the other team is desperate for a player there. i don't see the browns as that team.

well all news today on the redskins front is they floated the story out there for any GM that they are willing to trade out of the 5th.

the griffin trade left their team decimated. the new GM wants to rebuild and needs more picks to do that.

this is another ply by a GM to let everyone know that they will accept a deal but they prob want what they gave up to get griffin and in no way if i were a GM would i do that unless the other team is desperate for a player there. i don't see the browns as that team.

If we weren't 100% on Mariota, I'd give up Manziel, #12, #19 and #76 (total=2285) for RG3, #5 and #37 (total = 2230 points).

Then I'd turn around and sell #5, #108 and a 2016 second to SD for their #17, #49 (1778) and a 2016 first round pick. (1360 points + future first round pick).

Then we'd have #17, #37, #44, #49, two 2016 first round picks and RG3 instead of #12, #19, and #44 and Manziel.

We could get a solid DT, a solid WR, a solid OL, and a solid LB with our first four picks, give RG3 one season and then go for Cardale if we need to.

The scenarios are only going to get worse the closer we get to Thursday.

If you read the reports (and believe them) they already declined to send both 1sts and this year's 2nd. So, why would they add another 1st rounder to do it... I'm hoping the Titans take somebody other than Mariota so then we can get him at a better value.

We have no idea what was offered- if anything. I doubt any reporting service does either. Pre draft smoke.

If we weren't 100% on Mariota, I'd give up Manziel, #12, #19 and #76 (total=2285) for RG3, #5 and #37 (total = 2230 points).

Then I'd turn around and sell #5, #108 and a 2016 second to SD for their #17, #49 (1778) and a 2016 first round pick. (1360 points + future first round pick).

Then we'd have #17, #37, #44, #49, two 2016 first round picks and RG3 instead of #12, #19, and #44 and Manziel.

We could get a solid DT, a solid WR, a solid OL, and a solid LB with our first four picks, give RG3 one season and then go for Cardale if we need to.

The scenarios are only going to get worse the closer we get to Thursday.

You must have enjoyed Draft Day. I don't have the energy anymore to dream up scenarios that have about a 1% chance of happening.

Mik: Believe every line but that last one if Mariota still on Board.. Couch: Don't believe JF on a rookie contract is going anywhere, Should not have seen the field last season.. 7moses: Picks next season great, would love to see 6-7 Solid Quality picks out of Draft, most of those targets we have enough to move up..

We have no idea what was offered- if anything. I doubt any reporting service does either. Pre draft smoke.

You must have enjoyed Draft Day. I don't have the energy anymore to dream up scenarios that have about a 1% chance of happening.

I'd say less than 1%.

With all of the Redskins needs, I don't see them trading out. They have legit chance of nailing a franchise player in Fowler, Shelton, Beasley...all guys that fit their 3-4.

When you have more needs, you need more picks. That's why WSH would deal their #5.

Latest rumors have us moving to 9 ......trading with the Giants ..... how much would we have to give up to move 3 spots in the draft...imagine if its the 19 we are giving up and are trying for 2 picks in top 12 :)

Exactly. I don't foresee them being one defensive franchise player away from winning the East. But two to four solid starters could easily make a difference.

Well luckily the Browns are all set except for one long shot rookie gimmick system quarterback...

So we can flush as many draft picks down the crapper as we like.

;)

WSS

Well luckily the Browns are all set except for one long shot rookie gimmick system quarterback...

So we can flush as many draft picks down the crapper as we like.

;)

WSS

I'd say that we are all set except for one humble, hardworking, crazy talented franchise quarterback away.

Two sides of the same coin?

I'd say that we are all set except for one humble, hardworking, crazy talented franchise quarterback away.

Two sides of the same coin?

Well then he'd certainly be worth a Mike Ditka deal. If he's not, Mike Ditka will have company in the Goat Hall of Fame.

Luckily by tomorrow morning all the phony rumor stories about the Browns planning a deal to trade their first round picks with everyone from Manchester United to the Montreal Canadiens will be over.

;)

WSS

Latest rumors have us moving to 9 ......trading with the Giants ..... how much would we have to give up to move 3 spots in the draft...imagine if its the 19 we are giving up and are trying for 2 picks in top 12 :)

Took our 5th rounder to go from 9 to 8 last year, but a third to go from 26 to 22

Who knows. . .

Took our 5th rounder to go from 9 to 8 last year, but a third to go from 26 to 22

Who knows. . .

Without looking at the chart - 3rd, maybe 4th rounder.

That wouldn't bother me so much. If we trade up to 9, nab Mariota without surrendering 19. I still don't think he'll be more than a slightly above average QB (which I think Petty can be with just as much time on the bench) but I wouldn't be quite as pissed. Then at 19 you can take best available DL/WR. In the 2nd round you can address OLB and OG in the 3rd.

Archived