THE BROWNS BOARD

What are you looking for Monday vs the skins?

Kvoethe

So..week 2 of preseason, what do you hope to see out of our team.

Id like to see a better performance out of our defense. Gilbert in action, and some cameron as well. Will JF play with the ones like has been stated. I know the coaching staff doesnt want to give their hand away in terms of playcalling, but id like to see how they use Cameron with Jf at the helm.

I think we'll see a huge improvement overall with the Browns Monday night.

Really, I want to see Gilbert and the rest of the secondary become a nightmare

for offenses, and the dline to slam the running game into the turf.

And both qb's to play well, and somebody look like they can step up and be a star wr....

This hc and oc aren't going to be afraid to run screens. The latest NFL mag I have says

the Browns' draft was an "A".

I can tell you what I don't want to see. Those mind numbing penalty flags flying all over the field for pass interference and defensive holding on tickie tack contact. Not to mention the thirty three yard extra

point. A flag could and should fly on every play if the stupid rules are truly and fairly enforced. Just another way for the NFL to manipulate the outcome of games to make them more exciting or to tie the spread.

I'd like to see the Quarterbacks not have any dumb turnovers, that has been a serious issue with our Quarterbacks over the past few seasons (obviously Weeden). They did pretty well last week, but it would be nice to see some consistency. The flags were ridiculous last week, so I'd like to see them cut down on those. I'd love to see some more sacks and turnovers on the defensive side of the ball.

how about a fucking touchdown, we haven't seen one of those in like a year.

well since the nfl network is hyping it as RG3 and the redskins vs. Johnny Manziel and the browns.........want to see if the kid has what it takes.

and of course improvement in all facets on both sides of the ball for the browns.

I expect to see two supremely overhyped QB's, one on each team. RG III because of the NFL's burning desire to have a black elite QB, and JF because he is an enigma.

I expect to see two QB's with upside, one on each team. Cousins because he filled in admirably for RG III, and Hoyer because he filled in admirably for a few games.

I expect to see two bad teams duke it out for the chance to get out of the basement.

Did I read that wrong or did you mean Manziel is over-hyped with no upside? If that's the case you started a war with all the JF "fanboys" on the board

Not that l'm looking for this, but l can just about guarantee the talking heads are gonna fill some air space talking about the Redskins and their offensive name, and draw parallels to the Tribe.

They can try... Unlike the WSH team name, which is a racial slur, "Indians" is not.

As for the caricature, Chief Wahoo, the worst that can be said of it is that it is not flattering. But caricatures are rarely flattering...

My $0.02... now bring on the game...

tomorrow on nfl network get ready for a big dose of RG3 and manziel. even though hoyer is starting the game (you won't see much footage or talk of him) today it was all about manziel's comments yesterday and how all that means is that instead of starting game 1 he'll be starting game 2.

this media circus is unbearable at times.

So..week 2 of preseason, what do you hope to see out of our team.

Id like to see a better performance out of our defense. Gilbert in action, and some cameron as well. Will JF play with the ones like has been stated. I know the coaching staff doesnt want to give their hand away in terms of playcalling, but id like to see how they use Cameron with Jf at the helm.

You should see plenty of Gilbert Monday- Skrine has a thumb injury that may require surgery.

How long do you think the starters stay in? 1st half?

That's the plan. Pettine has contacted Gruden to see if he can get the Redskins to keep their #1s in equally long.

tomorrow on nfl network get ready for a big dose of RG3 and manziel.

Wrong... it's RG3 VS. Manziel... one-on-one... for the Lombardi... BE THERE!

(Aside: Does "Thompson's Drag Raceway: Drag Racing Capitol of Mid-America" still exist?)

in sandusky we'd get the "SUNDAY NIGHT at the MOTORCITY SPEEDWAY!!! SPEEDWAY!!! SPEEDWAY!!! ads that would just freak us kids out. laying in bed listening to sports radio and all of a sudden beezlebub is announcing am radio commercials.

I can tell you what I don't want to see. Those mind numbing penalty flags flying all over the field for pass interference and defensive holding on tickie tack contact. Not to mention the thirty three yard extra

point. A flag could and should fly on every play if the stupid rules are truly and fairly enforced. Just another way for the NFL to manipulate the outcome of games to make them more exciting or to tie the spread.

Way too late for that my friend. I've watched 4-5 games now for various teams and they've been consistently incredible on the flags being thrown. I'm not sure if he will or not, but I only hope Goddell looks at the preseason and realizes you can't have a game like that. I'd believe right now in the preseason that average flags are close to 20-21. The biggest issue for me is all these ticky tack flags result in automatic first downs.

Way too late for that my friend. I've watched 4-5 games now for various teams and they've been consistently incredible on the flags being thrown. I'm not sure if he will or not, but I only hope Goddell looks at the preseason and realizes you can't have a game like that. I'd believe right now in the preseason that average flags are close to 20-21. The biggest issue for me is all these ticky tack flags result in automatic first downs.

Add to that I have heard announcers report conversations with refs that:

A. the emphasis is for pre-season and will not carry forward; and

B. the emphasis is here to stay...

... so we have that going for us.

Personally I can see the holding emphasis stay, but the contact calls relaxed. Seems like I've seen more hand fighting in week 2 go uncalled.

On brighter officiating notes...

- I've yet to see a single "defenseless receiver" call this pre-season despite some pretty wicked, clean hits including Whitner's Week 1 shot.

- I've only seen one roughing the passer that I thought was a tic-tac call.

So it seems past points of emphasis have taken root.

tomorrow on nfl network get ready for a big dose of RG3 and manziel. even though hoyer is starting the game (you won't see much footage or talk of him) today it was all about manziel's comments yesterday and how all that means is that instead of starting game 1 he'll be starting game 2.

this media circus is unbearable at times.

Actually, the game is being broadcast on ESPN, not the NFL Network, no? Plus, I think, locally it is also on NBC Channel 3.

And what am I looking for tonight? A football game.

Archived