THE BROWNS BOARD

Mack or Watkins

Tiott

You may actually be right about that second rounder brother! I was looking up some info on him and the guy is nearly 6'3 and has a 41 inch vertical. His speed is just good at 4.6 - 40. I would think that maybe he could be the next Ed Reed type player if moved to Free Safety. Ha! Imagine, Hitner and the Baptist putting the WRs to sleep...

I like Baptiste as a beast FS type player. Of course, Pettine said that the safeties in our new system are kinda different in that they aren't the typical FS/SS combo. I think a player with the Physicality of SJB and his insane vertical makes him ideal in covering the taller TEs and WRs that are around now.

I would think he'd be worth it in the second. We could always trade our extra third and a fourth rounder to move back into the second. We have a low third and then we have Pitts third rounder as well.

He'll likely be a solid CB as well, do you think that he could be a legit number 2 CB? If so then, moving him outside with Haden puts Skrine back in the slot...which I like.

Dream scenario:

#4- Blake Bortles-QB- UCF

Obviously.

#26- Kelvin Benjamin- WR- FSU

Huge. Red zone target. Wouldn't mind Allen Robinson instead. Could give us Marshall/Jeffery-esque tandem.

#35- Marcus Roberson- CB- UF

Physical. Able to play on island. Solid speed and hip fluidity as well.

#71-Christian Jones- ILB- FSU

Can play at any LB position. Solid talent.

#83-Antonio Richardson- T- UT

Gives us bookend tackle. Free to move Schwartz inside. Also good insurance in case of Thomas injury, knock on wood.

#106- Shayne Skov- ILB- Stanford

Potential to be poor man's Kuechly-esque ILB. Downhill tackler. Loud and physical.

#127- Tajh Boyd- QB- Clemson

Good project QB. Faced solid teams, put up solid numbers, decent measurables.

#145-Andre Williams-RB- Boston College

Could be a poor man's Marshawn Lynch. Physical, big, doesn't go down on first contact, sticks leg into ground and makes cuts. Good pile pusher at times.

Rounds 6-7: BPA by physicality/potential instead of by statistical performance.

Dream scenario:

#4- Blake Bortles-QB- UCF

Obviously.

#26- Kelvin Benjamin- WR- FSU

Huge. Red zone target. Wouldn't mind Allen Robinson instead. Could give us Marshall/Jeffery-esque tandem.

#35- Marcus Roberson- CB- UF

Physical. Able to play on island. Solid speed and hip fluidity as well.

#71-Christian Jones- ILB- FSU

Can play at any LB position. Solid talent.

#83-Antonio Richardson- T- UT

Gives us bookend tackle. Free to move Schwartz inside. Also good insurance in case of Thomas injury, knock on wood.

#106- Shayne Skov- ILB- Stanford

Potential to be poor man's Kuechly-esque ILB. Downhill tackler. Loud and physical.

#127- Tajh Boyd- QB- Clemson

Good project QB. Faced solid teams, put up solid numbers, decent measurables.

#145-Andre Williams-RB- Boston College

Could be a poor man's Marshawn Lynch. Physical, big, doesn't go down on first contact, sticks leg into ground and makes cuts. Good pile pusher at times.

Rounds 6-7: BPA by physicality/potential instead of by statistical performance.

I can dig this TCPO. Here is the thing with Bottles: he needs to sit a bare minimum 10 games if we draft him, unless he absolutely annihilates Hoyer in a QB competition (and even then we need to very slowly ease him into the system and gradually introduce new concepts and responsibilities). Bortles is raw but not nearly as raw as he is portrayed by the media and many analysts. He called audibles and kill plays at the LOS in college, has decent a decent understanding of reading defenses, and has played in personnel packages similiar to what you would see in the pros. That being said, he is the type of player that has such a fantastic ceiling and physical skill set that he could easily be sabotaged and ruined by forcing to much on his plate too early and too fast.

Kelvin Benjamin. Love him. He is a less polished Evans who needs to work on sveral things but could ultimately end up being just as good as Evans. I have faith that Farmer is going to make the right decisions. Here is to hoping that he gets the chance to take the players he wants for this team ans is not forced to settle in the early rounds.

Archived