THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft and Free Agency Wishes

bagman428

If we get Hawkins I think the browns remaining biggest needs are as follows

1. QB

2. OG

3. CB

4 RB

I would really love to have Watkins the WR from Clemson but from what I have read Shanahan's offense does not use the #2 WR much so either Watkins or Gordon would be going to waste plus TE Cameron is practically a WR Himself.. now that we possibly have Hawkins I think we are OK at WR maybe we could take one in 4th round as a backup or something.

Re-signing Alex Mack is a MUST!!! we cannot let him go or we will have another big hole to fill. I am hoping we pass on Ben Tate and the reason for this is I want browns to draft RB Carlos Hyde in Round 2 from the Buckeyes I think he would be a good fit plus we have Dion Lewis already.... Which QB would be best for us? Manziel is sure risky but would provide a lot of fun.... Bortles is supposdely the best fit.. but whats wrong with Bridgewater? Not sure who I want all I know is I want the QB with 1st pick.... 2nd Pick of first round I feel we should take a CB to put someone opposite of hayden then in 3rd round take the OG and then maybe a backup WR to compete with Little for the #2 WR...

Rest of Free agency... get that LB from Buffalo and re-sign mack and maybe a cheap CB... Wish Browns would go after Thurmond III from Seattle but not sure how much he would cost.. need to save rest of money for next years free agents

Bagman

If we get Hawkins I think the browns remaining biggest needs are as follows

1. QB

2. OG

3. CB

4 RB

NSS....but you forgot we still need another ILB.

I would really love to have Watkins the WR from Clemson but from what I have read Shanahan's offense does not use the #2 WR much so either Watkins or Gordon would be going to waste plus TE Cameron is practically a WR Himself.. now that we possibly have Hawkins I think we are OK at WR maybe we could take one in 4th round as a backup or something.

Why on earth would Shanahan not use a 2d WR. That makes no sense to me.

Re-signing Alex Mack is a MUST!!! we cannot let him go or we will have another big hole to fill. I am hoping we pass on Ben Tate and the reason for this is I want browns to draft RB Carlos Hyde in Round 2 from the Buckeyes I think he would be a good fit plus we have Dion Lewis already.... Which QB would be best for us? Manziel is sure risky but would provide a lot of fun.... Bortles is supposdely the best fit.. but whats wrong with Bridgewater? Not sure who I want all I know is I want the QB with 1st pick.... 2nd Pick of first round I feel we should take a CB to put someone opposite of hayden then in 3rd round take the OG and then maybe a backup WR to compete with Little for the #2 WR...

Rest of Free agency... get that LB from Buffalo and re-sign mack and maybe a cheap CB... Wish Browns would go after Thurmond III from Seattle but not sure how much he would cost.. need to save rest of money for next years free agents

I think maybe the Browns should go after Browner the CB from Seattle.

Just curious: is that Browner from the famous Browner football family out of Youngstown?

They were just saying that a #2 WR as good as Watkins would go to waste in Shanahans offense I read that somewhere hopefully that is not true because honestly he would be my first choice ... I think Hoyer should be given a chance. We could take QB with 2nd pick in 1st round... not sure on browner

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Saints are "looking at" free agent CB Brandon Browner.

The Saints have a hole opposite Keenan Lewis, but Browner couldn't fill it until Week 5 thanks to his four-game suspension. The ex-Seahawk has also been linked to the Patriots and Redskins.

Here is a blurb I found:

Brandon Browner is hardly at a disadvantage when it comes NFL connections. The Browner Family has produced more NFL players than any other family into the league. Ross Browner: Cincy; Joey Browner: Vikings, Keith Browner: TB; Max Starks: Pittsburgh and several more are all related to Brandon Browner. Great bloodlines on this guy , glad to see him get one more opportunity !

Except I think probably the Matthews family has surpassed the Browners in NFL players:

Clay Matthews Sr

Clay Matthews Jr. (he of the Browns)

Clay Matthews III of Packers

Casey Matthews of Eagle

Bruce Matthews HOF

Kevin Matthews Titans

...and now certain first round pick Jake Matthews.

Johnny Football gets in a accident and can no longer play football! Tired of hearing about the little prick!

don't tempt me...............devil on my shoulder.

AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!

was toonce's the driving cat at the wheel at least?

In my mind, we need the following players:

WR-2

WR-3 - could be Hawkins

RB-1 - Tate, it looks like

RB-2

RG

ILB-2 - should be looking to be ILB-1 in 2 years

CB-2 - Important in Pettine's scheme, more of a CB-1b

So with that in mind, I could see us trading out of number 4, picking up some extra picks, since BPA would not fill a need there. Down to about Minnesota, there's probably teams that would trade up and we can retain some semblance of a high pick. So assuming a trade to that range, and picking up their second, I'd go with:

1a - Justin Gilbert - gives us the second 'island' cornerback opposite Haden that Pettine needs to run his scheme. Skrine moves to nickel. Picking around the 6-8 range.

1b - CJ Mosley - we get the ILB ready to take over from Dansby in a couple of years.

2a - Best WR available - somone like Allen Robinson from Penn State. Nice complement to Gordon, and with Hawkins or someone working underneath, and Cameron doing his thing, gives a great set of targets for Hoyer to throw to.

2b - from trade - Best OG available - David Yankey might very well be available around here. If not, there are a few guys who could do the job later on, and this could be spent on BPA.

3a - Generic RB

3b & onwards BPA

That would leave us with:

QB1 - Hoyer

QB2 - Rookie?

QB3 - Grossman - picked up in FA to teach the system

LT - Thomas

LG - Greco

C - Mack

RG - Yankey

RT - Schwartz

OL6 - Gilkey

OL7 - Pinkston

OL8 - Faulk?

WR1 - Gordon

WR2 - Robinson

WR3 - Hawkins

WR4 - Little

RB1 - Generic RB

RB2 - Tate, probably

RB3 - Lewis

TE1 - Cameron

TE2 - Dray

TE3 - Gray

FB - ? Picked up in draft, hopefully

(22 players)

DE1 - Rubin

DE2 - D. Bryant

DE3 - A.Bryant

DE4 - Winn

DE5 - Sanford

NT1 - Taylor

NT2 - Hughes

NT3 - Kitchen

OLB1 - Kruger

OLB2 - Sheard

OLB3 - Mingo

OLB4 - Groves

ILB1 - Dansby

ILB2 - Mosley

ILB3 - Robertson

ILB4 - Carder

CB1 - Haden

CB2 - Gilbert

CB3 - Skrine

CB4 - McFadden

CB5 - Trufant

SS - Whitner

FS - Gipson

S3 - Bademosi

(24 players)

K - Cundiff

P - Lanning

PR - Benjamin

LS - Yount

(4 players)

That's 50 players - other people probably going to be hanging around:

Aubrey - PS fodder?

Barnidge - could be cut, no guaranteed money, seems Dray replaced him

Ogonnaya - could be traded, unless they think he can bulk up and become a full time FB

Poyer - PS Fodder

Fragel - PS Fodder

Slaughter - PS Fodder (that's 4 DBs now)

fuck what shanahan wants. you have to have a legit #2 WR in any offense. albeit watkins or evans in the draft.

HCs allow their coordinators a certain amount of flexibility. but if everyone in the football community says having a strong #2 across from gordon means mismatch nightmares from opposing DCs, why wouldn't you do it.....unless you're rat shanahan jr.

you play to your strengths. if we don't have coaches who can modify their 'staunch' positions, then we are headed for doom once again.

these mother fuckers better pick watkins or evans or i'll totally throw something at a cop, i mean i'll throw a mop at some bitch ass cop.

Sammy posted this on Twit.

BisR2h_CQAASiew.jpg

You gotta admit, Watkins and Gordon together would scare the living shit out of our AFC North counterparts.

Cleveland would be ... no ... joke.

Zombo

Sammy posted this on Twit.

You gotta admit, Watkins and Gordon together would scare the living shit out of our AFC North counterparts.

Cleveland would be ... no ... joke.

Zombo

I would certainly not be pissed off if they took Watkins. I just think that although he represents a value pick, you can find good value at WR later in this draft - that's not necessarily the case for other positions.

Assuming we get Tate and Hawkins:

I'd like to see a draft consisting of Sammy Watkins, David Yankey, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Tre Mason (Dri Archer in a later round if we can't get Mason), Jimmy Garoppolo, and Max Bullough. Outside of those, just draft BPA to bolster depth.

With our positioning, I think that'd be a good haul, and is conceivable.

Archived